What's new

Pakistan Looking To Buy China's J-31 Stealth Fighter

NATO doesnt help us anymore.
You are alone?
Russia helped you out and although not officially but Israel an France did to.
Btw,you are rich we are poor.
BAE is helping you design in TFX, and you are till NATO member. Yeh, we are officially isolated, but we got help from Russia and Ukraine, France and German in the early 2000. Not to offend, FC31 is more realistic than TFX for PAF. I know Turkey has a fine aviation ability, but it's not a complete industry yet. We can churn out single bit of 5th gen fighter on our own, and yours is still on the paper. If you just want PAF to invest in TFX by drawing some fancy model on the paper, you definitely need to work harder.

FC31 will enter into mass production at year 2019, which means 40 units per year. TFX is optimistically start to make maiden flight in year 2023, then still many years to mature after it. Let's say if PAF want to get TFX, it will be 2027 onwards. Do you think it's possible? At that time, Chinese six gen fighter is flyin all over the sky.

You are 10 years behind the schedule, and you insist let PAF pay for it?

The logic of it's because BAE come in help, so that TFX will be alien superior stuff is weird. China is now testing 17 tons thrust WS15 turbo fan engine, can UK produce it? China is not the China used to be, it's making great leap every seconds.

Chinease are making great strides No doubt

Fc31; could be the fighter that China uses to eventually compete with the hi end western fighters like f35. Rafale and Typhoon.

Do not understand why nobody has ordered J10 it looks a brilliant design .

And even the smaller cheaper thunder should appeal to the smaller African and Asian air powers with limited budgets

No offense.
I underestimated the financial strength of Turkey.
BAE is helping you design in TFX, and you are till NATO member. Yeh, we are officially isolated, but we got help from Russia and Ukraine, France and German in the early 2000. Not to offend, FC31 is more realistic than TFX for PAF. I know Turkey has a fine aviation ability, but it's not a complete industry yet. We can churn out single bit of 5th gen fighter on our own, and yours is still on the paper. If you just want PAF to invest in TFX by drawing some fancy model on the paper, you definitely need to work harder.

FC31 will enter into mass production at year 2019, which means 40 units per year. TFX is optimistically start to make maiden flight in year 2023, then still many years to mature after it. Let's say if PAF want to get TFX, it will be 2027 onwards. Do you think it's possible? At that time, Chinese six gen fighter is flyin all over the sky.

The logic of it's because BAE come in help, so that TFX will be alien superior stuff is weird. China is now testing 17 tons thrust WS15 turbo fan engine, can UK produce it? China is not the China used to be, it's making great leap every seconds.
paf will likley join both.
chinse as high end limited no.
and tfx to replace f16s.
we know tfx is not going to happen/inducted before 2030-35

tfx is going to happen if turkey is committed but they will need partners to keep it cheap, they can do it if they are able to pull together pak-Egypt-GCC easily

BAE is going to help in design and they have good experience in sub systems, engines can be fielded by Britain too.
in end europe will be happy to have another 5th gen option on board along with f35

With more than 1billion in population, u can't be isolated lol

With more than 1billion in population, u can't be isolated lol
Look at the OBOR submit, that's a feast. Erdogan is coming to China today.

Pakistan send a big delegation to attend OBOR submit.

and tfx to replace f16s.

tfx is going to happen if turkey is committed but they will need partners to keep it cheap, they can do it if they are able to pull together pak-Egypt-GCC easily

BAE is going to help in design and they have good experience in sub systems, engines can be fielded by Britain too.
in end europe will be happy to have another 5th gen option on board along with f35
This time Saudi had decided to join FC31, now we are waiting for PAF.

I will keep a close eye on TFX development.

As said earlier,Pakistan should go for the FC31 as the only option for now.
Every program we have started has ended succesfully until now,my country doesnt believe in fiction,
Im sure you know that it was never about investing,we all know the financial situation of Pakistan,it is a gesture to Pakistan.
Its not a competition,if the TFX is ready,Pakistan can have it and thats it,nothing more.
Pakistan should do whats best for Pakistan.
Again,pay what for what?
Really?
RR is one of the leading companies in jet engines and you are asking if the UK can produce it?

Last edited:
and tfx to replace f16s.

Listen to yourself
You. Claim.fifth get fighte project and then call it cheap

Your claiming Pakistan a poor developing countries air force is going to induct not one but two fifth generation fighters and investment billons to help finance this .

All this from S country today thst still has fifty year old fighters in half it's fleet

No harm in looking positive my friend but be realistic

Seems like you also underestimated the aviation industry in my country.
Have a look.

https://www.tai.com.tr/en
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkish-aviation-programs-updates-discussions.62985/
Yes.I know little , but all I know is that the 5th gen fighter jet project has costed huge money even for US a country which is the strongest in avation industry.
I think it is rational to assert that the avation industry of Turkey lags behind that of US right now, which concludes Turkey may spend more on developing the F-35 peer.
AM I sensible ?

Yes.I know little , but all I know is that the 5th gen fighter jet project has costed huge money even for US a country which is the strongest in avation industry.
I think it is rational to assert that the avation industry of Turkey lags behind that of US right now, which concludes Turkey may spend more on developing the F-35 peer.
AM I sensible ?
Not really, since Turkey participated in the F-35 program it has gained much experience already, so it will be easier actually to make the TF-X for Turkey..
Also the most important point why Pakistan should participate in the Turkish 5th generation fighter regardless of the purchase of 40 J-31, is the experience that will be gained from this participation, since Pakistan is also planning to start work on its own national 5th generation program..

Not really, since Turkey participated in the F-35 program it has gained much experience already, so it will be easier actually to make the TF-X for Turkey..
Also the most important point why Pakistan should participate in the Turkish 5th generation fighter regardless of the purchase of 40 J-31, is the experience that will be gained from this participation, since Pakistan is also planning to start work on its own national 5th generation program..
Sooner or later, you will build your own 5gen fighter. But you need imminent fire power to deal with IAF.

But I have to admit if Turkey can assimilate those BAE tech and TOT to PAF, i mean can integrate BAE TOT sub system produced by Turkey into a customized FC31 for PAF.

Quick, efficient, promising.

In the same time, Tukey shall realize that developing a 5th generation fighter is more complicated than they had expected. The money poured in will be hell lot more than their budget.

Back
Top Bottom