What's new

Zero state of our" RAILWAYS"

ARIZ ZAFAR

New Recruit

Reaction score
since 1947 we have been operating our Railways. but till now we have not bee able to build a locomotive. on this forum we proudly speak about fighter aircrafts built in Pakistan , however we have not been able to build a television leave alone a locomotive. Even if we look at europe we will find small countries have build their own products and are on the path of self reliance. Where are we ??
Technology sector is in dying state even in 80's we were doing better than today. IT sector is growing but have not been able to pull world's attention towards us. Pakisatni Railways right now need's money. whatever we have we are spending on buying jets , missiles and other stuff. as a normal citizen of pakistan , what do we need fighter jets or locomotive. only 90 locomotive engines in such a big country is a shame. we compare ourselves to china and india. look where they are right now. we as pakistanis have failed to deliver in public areas. our mother and sisters have to travel in pathetic trains just because we don't have money. If we keep spending most part of our money in defence purchases, very soon we will not even have a single passenger train in Pakistan. we can build fighter's and nukes but not locomotives , cars , computers and even a single micro chip.

can any of us even explain to me that having a technology to build an aircraft ,yet we do not produce own locomotives??

"INDIAN MEMBERS PLEASE DO NOT TROLL THE THREAD"

please guys have a discussion on it. simply by ignoring our own problems will not get us anywhere. In chicago we pakisatanis feel cheated by our own government. all of us here try to find a way to tackle these problems.

It is simple as that we need some honest souls in other departments as we have in army , airforce .......

The one who only know to work hard and more harder. Plus GOVT need to lay off all the employees they have now in railways and hire totoally new team . That willl change alot of things .I am very definate abt it.

Example where youth is running the departments fantastically are Motorway police, Lahore traffic warden , Punjab emergency service 1122 they are mostly young people and they making us proud with their performance .So its time to say bye bye to old fellow they have had their share now give some time to youth to make it work........

You can't have proper railway system with Bilour as the minister.

A businessman is needed, who can bring in his planning and expertise in. To get in a proper management.

At the moment, corruption is rampant in railways. SPare parts get siphoned off to market dealers, the engine oil is of sub-standard quality, everything.

As rohailmallhi said, Motorway police, 1122, Traffic police Punjab, is an example that it can happen. But reforms are needed.

It is simple as that we need some honest souls in other departments as we have in army , airforce .......

The one who only know to work hard and more harder. Plus GOVT need to lay off all the employees they have now in railways and hire totoally new team . That willl change alot of things .I am very definate abt it.

Example where youth is running the departments fantastically are Motorway police, Lahore traffic warden , Punjab emergency service 1122 they are mostly young people and they making us proud with their performance .So its time to say bye bye to old fellow they have had their share now give some time to youth to make it work........

I don't think so. technology is something shared by whole nation not merely by army or airforce. we had marshall laws for more than 30 years , even in those years we couldn't built one. give me one example in this world where a country has made fighter aircrafts firsts and locomotie afterwards. corruption is there even in the defence forces. people in the railways have come and gone but that did not change. prefrences are set defence forces first, and nothing afterwards . do we even realize how difficult it would be for us when railways will become a thing of past. brother fighters are not made by airforce . they are made by engineers and scientist's . if we have so much of resource then why not built a locomotive first rather than a fighter. every day in pakistan poor people travel by trains just imagine when railways is gone what will happen to them. we call ourselves self reliant in producing fighters ..really??thats the question we need to ask ourselves. common man will not travel in fighters but in trains.
i have given it a lot of thought , even in US we really don't think we are self reliant. we just assemble fighters and nothing else. every single day in university where i have a group of our own people discuss everything. we just can't get this point.
There is not a single technological magazine here where a pakistani student has got a distinction. asians from japan to china and india are termed as brilliant minds. they get respect because of their country. we one the other hand are seen as group of high profile pakistanis and nothing else.
Indians please do not troll the thread.

I think Pakistan goes around asking for help in building latest fighter aircraft or a new long range missile than a simple television or locomotive from other countries..If priorities are such, no one could develop a country.

same applies to you too you can give toilets to people eradicate hunger instead of making longe ranges missiles, jets, subs.

you open it wrong place sir . no one here will talk seriously or bring any good discussion here they will just make fun jokes and trolling of issue .

same applies to you too you can give toilets to people eradicate hunger instead of making longe ranges missiles, jets, subs.

The difference is India does make its own locomotives, televisions, cars etc. We even export them if you don't know. But in any case how is India related to anything I said.

I think pakistan needs to work on plan which Nehru started in India i.e. establishment of institutes of technologies (especially IIT) to reach upto other countries level and beyond. Currently the engineer pool in India is growing by leaps and bounds. Most of these engineers especially from IIT either go abroad and return back to stat their own company or some do just after receiving the degree. This emergence on new companies in any field helps in economic growth. From my personal experience, my friends have started companies in IT consultancy, solar power, Education sector.

Engineers easily arrange money for starting their own company or industry, its a known fact. Once the number of engineers increases you will find in self reliance.

Well whatever the reasons things like this are not a quick fix but very long-term and VERY expensive- Pakistan has a long and hard road ahead of it of it seeks to improve the situation. The causes of the sorry state of affairs is also unlikely to be just one reason but a number of factors such as ignoring the system's plight for so long and failure to allocate proper resources with budgetary management being lost. Having an army in civil power for so much of the nation's history means it is unlikely they would have placed much emphasis on maintening such vital infrastructure. I don't even know if this issue is a major political agenda in Pakistan-does anyone care enough to do anyrthing about it at the highest levels?

You make nukes and you make fighter planes since your "military" needs it to defend you against the "big bad Indian state". You do not need railway engines to do that. So nobody cares if they stop dead on their tracks. Pakistan is a security state and most Pakistani analysts acknowledge the same. The day Pakistani elites decide to shed the obsession with the Indian state and start working towards economic prosperity (and here the military establishment will be the key), Pakistan will start getting it right!

Back
Top Bottom