What's new

Zardaris interview blocked on Geo News; Bilawal and desi liberals furious

Sad that hamid mir’s head escaped bullets few years ago.

At least, his bollocks should have been hit.

What does law say ? He is on production order, can he give interview or not ?

I don't think so. These scoundrel politicians are misusing the provision. Production order is solely to participate in the due proceedings of the assembly. In fact, they should not be allowed to roam about in other areas of building, except for the assembly hall.

These rascals are giving press briefings, while in physical or judicial remand, which should not be allowed at all. They can do so, when they have got bail.

So what IK said is being implemented ...

Hamid Mir can cry all he wants, law doesn't allow an arrested person to give interviews. Production order is for assembly attendance only.

It's painful for many when the law is enforced.

Is it appropriate for an accused to appear on national media and give interviews? The completion of due process doesn't warrant that the accused be given an opportunity to make public appearances.

There is no law to prevent an accusation of criminal conduct to deny a person the right to appear on national media.

There is no law to prevent an accusation of criminal conduct to deny a person the right to appear on national media.

There is no law either supporting it. Constitution says citizen not accused.

Anything not expressly forbidden by law is permissible.

Na. There we have to follow the common law ......... and I guess none of the civilized societies would allow people accused of (not minor offenses but) major money laundering scandals ...... this freedom and right.

This is not the case. He is under physical remand. So, while under physical or judicial remand, he should not be allowed to give interviews and press briefings. Yes, when he is on bail; then he would have this right.

Anything not expressly forbidden by law is permissible.

There's Supreme Court for clarification of Constitution ... You can ask Zardari to go to SC.

As far as public is concerned, anyone under arrest should not be given a right to have their interviews aired without clearance from the authorities.

Even in USA, a jailed person's interview can't be published without consent of the authorities. Heck even their letters are opened and read.

Na. There we have to follow the common law ......... and I guess none of the civilized societies would allow people accused of (not minor offenses but) major money laundering scandals ...... this freedom and right.
This is not the case. He is under physical remand. So, while under physical or judicial remand, he should not be allowed to give interviews and press briefings. Yes, when he is on bail; then he would have this right.

We can agree to disagree. I have no problem here. Throw him in jail without any due process for all I care and make him another political victim, despite being a criminal. Sure.

We can agree to disagree. I have no problem here. Throw him in jail without any due process for all I care and make him another political victim, despite being a criminal. Sure.

I think, you have not understood me and quoted me along with another poster, with whom I don't agree at all. What I am saying is that an accused, whatever may be the severity of his crime, has all the right to appear in media; but an accused, who is held in physical or judicial remand, doesn't have this right; since then whole logic and rationale of the remand fails. He may appear, once he has been granted the bail by the court; even though case is being prosecuted against him.

The due process shouldn't / doesn't include / warrant media appearances or an opportunity provided to be heard on national media. All that I wanted to assert.

I think, you have not understood me and quoted me along with another poster, with whom I don't agree at all. What I am saying is that an accused, whatever may be the severity of his crime, has all the right to appear in media; but an accused, who is held in physical or judicial remand, doesn't have this right; since then whole logic and rationale of the remand fails. He may appear, once he has been granted the bail by the court; even though case is being prosecuted against him.

Thank you for the clarification.

The due process shouldn't / doesn't include / warrant media appearances or an opportunity provided to be heard on national media. All that I wanted to assert.

Please see the above. Your assertion may not be supported by the law.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom