What's new

Zardari disappoints heirs of blast victims

sonicboom

Reaction score

Sunday, December 06, 2009
By Muhammad Saleh Zaafir

ISLAMABAD: The supreme commander of the armed forces was conspicuous by his absence in the funeral of valiant officers, Jawans of Army and their relatives, including children, who were martyred on Friday in a suicide attack at a Rawalpindi mosque.

He did not take trouble to visit the injured in the hospitals like early occasions. According to the Constitution, the president, who is the supreme commander of the armed forces by the virtue of his office and make appointments of the services chiefs, did not even turn up to visit the injured of the blast.

Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Tariq Majeed, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and other senior officials, including some ministers, did attend the funeral of the officers and Jawans on Saturday while the COAS visited the hospital to inquire after the injured but President Asif Zardari was not present at any of the places where he could be seen consoling the loved ones of the martyred and offering a word of encouragement to those who sustained injuries.

The Article 243 of the Constitution that deals with the Command of Armed Forces narrates in the following clause as “[(1A) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision, the Supreme Command of the Armed Forces shall vest in the President.]”

The sources told The News that the president’s disinterest in the efforts of the armed forces was obvious during the operation in the Malakand Division and later the ongoing action in South Waziristan since he visited once briefly and cosmetically to the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) of Swat but he was not seen even for once during the ongoing operation. He stayed away from the IDPs of South Waziristan and Peshawar blasts victims of last month also could not see him visiting them when the prime minister, the COAS and others visited the injured in Peshawar.

The families of the martyred and injured have badly felt the constant absence of the president on all such occasions who is supposed to express solidarity with the victims. The Presidency is in habit of issuing stereotype messages after every such incident while the interior minister rushes to the media for making similar statements. He has been asking for an inquiry report of every incident but he could not share with the people the outcome of one single report in any of the deplorable incidents.

The relatives of the martyred and injured have appreciated the military leadership, especially COAS General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, who stood by them shoulder to shoulder at every occasion to share their grief without bothering about his own security. He met the relatives of the martyred and injured on Saturday. Prime Minister Gilani also attended the funeral of the martyred on Saturday. President Asif Zardari was reportedly engaged in fine tuning of the campaign to launch a drive for the enrolment for the PPP on Saturday and detailed information was provided to the media in the evening in this regard.

The relatives of the martyred and injured have expressed their dismay over the disinterest of the president in their well being at the testing times for them. No plausible justification of the president’s attitude has ever been given on this count.

This guy wont be going to washroom of another room in his presidency and you are talking of visiting Hospitals, OUTSIDE his residence, and even that in Rawalpindi.. you are over-expecting my friend.

All these mofo politicans are outs of sight , except for Gilani perhaps and some ANP politicans like Mian Iftikhar.

Rest all the haramis are out of sight , not a peep out of them. Most notable absense is that of Mr. President and Nawaz Sharif.

I supported Nawaz Sharif to some extent but he is proving to be just a ganja phen chod.

This is so disgusting. All the PPP claim that the military and media are out to get the president. When the reality is that Asif Ali Zardari does not see himself as the President of Pakistan himself. If he did then he would be in the forefront trying to reassure the people every thing is going to be alright.

On the other hand i think PM Gilani is doing a really good job. It would be nice for him to visit the troops on the ground and I think giving him more powers will be beneficial to the people of Pakistan and Pakistani Politics in general.

General Musharraf took all the blame on him self and kept army as save as possible from people anger , he was a leader , he put his life in danger by taking all the blame like a true SSG officer.

The current puppet president is putting army in front and Army chief is forced to do alone what he is suppose to do with him. like on EID day go and meet the troop etc. :coffee:

Zardari is digging a hole for himself...in the end he is going to fall in a blind well...poor fellow thts coz of the fruits of being an uneducated bigot

I think Pakistani people should stop worrying about Zardari now and start worrying about Pakistan.

No doubt Zardari is screwing himself. But what about Pakistan? His every action has some effects on the nation. Zardari will get what he deserves, but he drags Pakistan with him. Pakistani people should not wait for Zardari to go because of his own actions. He would have damaged a large part of interest of Pakistan by then.

General Musharraf took all the blame on him self and kept army as save as possible from people anger , he was a leader , he put his life in danger by taking all the blame like a true SSG officer.

The current puppet president is putting army in front and Army chief is forced to do alone what he is suppose to do with him. like on EID day go and meet the troop etc. :coffee:

musharraf btake blame of all mistakes and sacrifie just to save military and country from being insulted
he was the true hero who
sarifice his position for the betterment of the country
i salute to him

I think Pakistani people should stop worrying about Zardari now and start worrying about Pakistan.

No doubt Zardari is screwing himself. But what about Pakistan? His every action has some effects on the nation. Zardari will get what he deserves, but he drags Pakistan with him. Pakistani people should not wait for Zardari to go because of his own actions. He would have damaged a large part of interest of Pakistan by then.

Zardari is only matter of days now.. but the real question for Pakistan is who is the one out there who would lead this Nation towards prosperity. I honestly don't see anybody even half capable of doing the job if I look towards Politicians. They are all bad of Garbage, one filled with corruption, other filled with scandals, and other with foreign support.

The only person, who is Not a politician but is standing tall among them all, is Zaid Hamid.

musharraf btake blame of all mistakes and sacrifie just to save military and country from being insulted
he was the true hero who
sarifice his position for the betterment of the country
i salute to him

:rofl:.................

All these mofo politicans are outs of sight , except for Gilani perhaps and some ANP politicans like Mian Iftikhar.

Rest all the haramis are out of sight , not a peep out of them. Most notable absense is that of Mr. President and Nawaz Sharif.

I supported Nawaz Sharif to some extent but he is proving to be just a ganja phen chod.

We all are angry with probably similar sentiments but please refrain from such language on the forum.

Kindly sef edit the foul languauge from your comments.

Much aprreciated!

Well a man who was never saddened by killing of his own wife how can you expect him to be grieved for millitary men and their innocent families and the innocent civillians who were martyerd in the terrorist attack

zardari is helpless..he is a mere puppet...so forget about going to hospitals and making critical decisions as far as state policies are concerned..if he has some self-respect,he must resign with immediate effect

I think Zardari understands that the game is almost over for him and therefore he simply doesnt care for ànything now.

Nawaz Sharif`s behaviour is no surprise to me because gentleman is a closet Taliban. He can`t afford to loose his vote bank by attending funerals of our shaheeds.

I think he didn`t even give a statement of support. Same goes for Imran Khan.

ANP & MQM are much better!

yeh its almost over for him thats why he now playing dirty earlier he had threatend media and opposition and now he is playing Sindh card by observing Sindhi topi day and etc. bhangi admi

Back
Top Bottom