What's new

Zardari Destroys Domestic Intelligence Agency

AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The politicisation of the intelligence agencies can be judged with the fact that at least 4,000-5,000 sacked Intelligence Bureau officials, who were previously profiled to be "unfit for service" due to political connections, were reinstated by the Pakistan People's Party (PPP)-led federal government with back pays and benefits only recently Revealing the work process of Pakistan's intelligence agencies, the report said:

"They send out a daily report to the president and the prime minister via COAS- titled 'eyes only'- mostly "googled stuff" and constantly play up threat levels apart from nagging for more funds."
Fullstory

Now, just to be clear, the report is critical of all of Pakistan's Intel agencies, and quotes at least one current Intel chief as recognizing the problems.

The report also justifies the removal of former DG ISI Gen. Mehmood, who passed on the now famous Armitage warning to Musharraf (denied by Armitage) after 9/11.

I just wanted to highlight the part about Zardari & Rehman Malik ruining the IB, since the IB is primarily responsible for domestic counter-terrorism intelligence which relates to this section. Zardari and Rehman Malik tried early on to take over the running of the ISI as well, which would have similarly resulted in thousands of incompetent Jiyalas being appointed to the ISI and essentially destroying it even more than whatever issues it has currently.

intelligence agencies in south asia have always been at mercy of their political masters. so situation in india and pak is not so different. however i do know although IB has been used for political purposes, RAW so far has not been used for that role barring one or two instances.

intelligence agencies in south asia have always been at mercy of their political masters. so situation in india and pak is not so different. however i do know although IB has been used for political purposes, RAW so far has not been used for that role barring one or two instances.

With 4000 to 5000 PPP Jiyalas appointed to the IB, we can be assured that the energies of our domestic intelligence agency, at the behest of our cowardly and paranoid President Zardari, are being devoted to monitoring political opponents, and not preventing terrorism and related activities as they should be.

Institutions as powerful and important as Intel agencies and federal LEA's need to have Chiefs appointed by joint opposition and govt panels in Parliament.

Oh the IB.

The same IB whose 'efficient' and hard working Officers gave out the list of undercover agents serving outside Pakistan to Supreme Court of Pakistan in a bid to fight their case in which they claimed they were superseded and some other yes-men were promoted out of turn.

Height of professionalism!

Do you even know that IB is not RAW's counterpart in Pakistan. :rolleyes:

Yup, A good move i suppose. We need terrorist institutions like the ISI dismantled or defanged. They can be dismantled under whatever pretense for all i care...any institution covertly supporting terrorist organisations should be shut down immediately.

I think PDF needs to formulate policy for keeping out nonsense members from across

Yup, A good move i suppose. We need terrorist institutions like the ISI dismantled or defanged. They can be dismantled under whatever pretense for all i care...any institution covertly supporting terrorist organisations should be shut down immediately.

What a pathetic and pointless post.

i am impressed how the news has brought in the ISIophobia in the news.

No one can deny that the ISI did went out of the way during Gen Musharraf's rule, and the man responsible was Gen Mehmood himself, but then connecting a thing that happened back in 2000-2001 with a retarded move of reinstating of inept officials by Zordari Manoodh (which indeed is not surprising at all, keeping in view the man at the helm of affairs) was uncalled for!

It looks like as if it has been ensured that the ISI must share IB's unprofessionalism, come what may.

so 1st of all shut down your bloody mouth and then raw, then cia , then mosad , then m-16......................................... then ISI..............

Oh good ! Thanks for finally agreeing to stop haunting PDF. Anyhow, i have as much right to express my opinion as anyone else on the forum. My opinions are my my own and in no way any of your concern. And moreover, the mods exist to weed out the un-necessary comments.

express your unbiased opinion not venom inside u. keep your venom with u no need to spit here and spoil a discussion.

I suppose dismantling domestic intelligence agencies is a good move too. Hey, I'm all for the current pakistani government. Their professionalism and dedication to duty is clearely impeccable.

Oh good ! Thanks for finally agreeing to stop haunting PDF. Anyhow, i have as much right to express my opinion as anyone else on the forum. My opinions are my my own and in no way any of your concern. And moreover, the mods exist to weed out the un-necessary comments.

anyone sans brain to know what is IB and what is ISI, is indeed a shame to be member for this forum. Period

and above all a country like bharat with track record of State Terrorism will be the last country on earth to call ISI names .

NOW if you have any knowledge to comment on the topic then Put Up or Shut Up

this comment show how pity and frustrated indians are, full of prejudice. and i am noticing this man especially. it is better to express such kind of venom on indian defence forum , looks to be an ambassador of idf, senseless person. man you are creating a bad image of idf............

I'm all for the current pakistani government. Their professionalism and dedication to duty is clearely impeccable.

*scoffs*
Fuel Shortage
Energy Crisis
Water Shortage
Wheat Shortage
Sugar Shortage
310% increase in many daily commodities
35% Increase in Sales and VAT
An unstable political coalition that is hip hopping from ( yes we are with you, to no we are against you)
Increased insecurity within the country
Poor management of public funds
Lack of public accountability
This is the government that has turned the Railways ( a profit making organisation, into a total loss making white elephant).
---

You were saying something about professionalism?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom