What's new

Zardari Blinks... Not! Geo Blocked! Sherry Rehman Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
if judges are reinstated then it will definately be a victory. also it will boost confidence in ppl and will make them think that they can actually change something. incase any politician messes around next time, ppl joinin long march or protests will be a lot more. but again i am not that optemistic lik some of u guys here...

Without a doubt its a big win, but till the deposed judges are reinstated and the old ones kicked out, the democracy guys won't consider this as any win.

Bringing the old judges back would mean the dissolution of the NRO.

May be solution is another NRO which will allow all concerned to stay in the country's politics- Zardari, Sharifs.
This + judges' reinstatement can work.
What say?

"Humara haath hoga aur tumhari giraybaan hogi" :D D :D

Pobably insipred by Sabri Bros. :lol:

"Aajaega mehshar main maza
Sunnay sunaanay ka
Ke zunban to meri hogi
Aur kahani aap ki" :lol:

The guy is an idiot, please post his video again.

Last edited:
Why is Indian media reporting on this and not Pakistani media???

cuz the govt. can take punitive measures against them and cannot do anything about india's media!:enjoy:

if judges are reinstated then it will definately be a victory. also it will boost confidence in ppl and will make them think that they can actually change something. incase any politician messes around next time, ppl joinin long march or protests will be a lot more. but again i am not that optemistic lik some of u guys here...

Interesting comment.
If some of you will care to remember this is something I have been saying to you all for a while. You all count if you work together. You can make changes in a democracy.

ajpirzada:
I understand you sentiments on optimism but just possibly something good will come of this one way or the other.

Cheers to all hope this works. :cheers: :enjoy:

May be solution is another NRO which will allow all concerned to stay in the country's politics- Zardari, Sharifs.
This + judges' reinstatement can work.
What say?

No NROs please - the 73 constitution with the PM as the "chief executive" and the President as the "ceremonial" head of state.

please lets give it a try!

Sad thing is they are already considering cementing the NRO through some sort of constitutional amendment. Something that would have the nod from PML-N too.

Imran Khan won't agree to it. I'm expecting some line like, "hum CJ pehle maidaan main toh le ayenge phir NRO ko baad main dekhleinge"

Was Kiyani held back from staging coup?
3/13/2009 12:30:28 PM
Mike Mullen, Joint Army Chief of Staff, US (File photo)

Amidst the rising political unrest in Pakistan, United States of America on Friday (March 13) claimed that it held back the Pakistan Army Chief General Ashfaq Kiyani from intervening in the stand-off in the country.

US Joint Army Chief of Staff Mike Mullen said that he spoke to Kiyani upward of ten times in the last few days to calm him after the Pakistan Army Chief felt angered in the manner in which the political establishment was behaving.

Mullen said, "I have had upwards of ten interactions with Kiyani. He wants to do the right thing for Pakistani. But he is in a very tough spot." Also in a television interview, Mullen said that he is 'extremely concerned' over the situation in Pakistan.

The situation “continues to deteriorate very, very slowly under a political leadership which is very much challenged because of the totality of the crisis,” Mullen said. He also said that Army Chief is “committed to a civilian government” and doesn’t want to take over as his predecessor Pervez Musharraf did in 1999.
TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos -

i just heard that geo news has been blocked in major cities

If Kayani has a role in getting all parties together he will be rated as one of the best COAS ever to have walked on the Pakistani soil.

There have been quite a few CoAS' who have played the role of peacemakers between the politicians..starting from Gen Mirza Aslam Beg, Gen Asif Nawaz, Gen Waheed Kakar and lastly Gen Jehangir Karamat. Most of the time Army does NOT want to get involved in this mess. They want the civilians to take charge and run the country the right way. The fact that the politicians petty squabbling gets in the way is the reason that Army eventually steps in to its own detriment.

There have been quite a few CoAS' who have played the role of peacemakers between the politicians..starting from Gen Mirza Aslam Beg, Gen Asif Nawaz, Gen Waheed Kakar and lastly Gen Jehangir Karamat. Most of the time Army does NOT want to get involved in this mess. They want the civilians to take charge and run the country the right way. The fact that the politicians petty squabbling gets in the way is the reason that Army eventually steps in to its own detriment.

Its not really on the Army for say is it blain? More like on the individual COAS himself? As in the particular COAS might actually want to run the country? Maybe he see's himself as the visionary who would take Pakistan forward, or something to that effect.

Another COAS might feel that his job is just to stick to the barracks. Depends on the person really...or so i feel.

cuz the govt. can take punitive measures against them and cannot do anything about india's media!:enjoy:

they have already stopped transmitions of Geo and AAJ news..:)

what next?

Welcome news to hear that people taking the streets can finally cause influence, I hope that democracy continues and President Zardari learns a lesson certainly the Awam will become more active and vocal in how things must be run and soon maybe Pakistan will be on the correct track.

Long live Pakistan.

people are over reacting, on this that president ZARDARI, is going to bow down to the preasure, restoring CHOWDRY JUSTICE, is a fake issue which was used by dejected politicians like QAZI,IMRAN ,AITAZAZ & now NAWAZ SHARIF, who is also dejected because of a fair decesion by a fedral court.;):D

its about to be witnessed ,how nawaz will react if , the "CHOWDRY JUSTICE" after his restoration keep the decesion to bar nawaz ,from politics?:azn:;)

The blockage of GEO TV is merely to keep people unaware of whats going on around them, as such in the whole country to create a major set back against the long march conducted by jugdes and lawyers along with other major political parties.

The people will stay unaware of the most and latest and perhaps majority will not participate in the march, may well could become a political gain for Zardari and his govt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom