What's new

Zaid Hamid in Islamabad: Wake up Pakistan

I have to say .. I don't agree with this guy! I mean some of the things he says are valid .. but on the whole he just seems to be in an other world or somthing! He is just too provocative. I mean we are already going through a tough time, we need to calm down and the guy jst wants us to go lunatic! And look at Ali Azmat. Now Dope heads are gna lead us and teach us about Islam!? I mean what a jump from Mullahs to now ... this!! I dunno where we are heading but I wish my country and ppl all the best! I have a feeling that the guy is dodgy. Its jst my gut feeling. I may be wrong .. Perhaps friends here can shed some light! Baaqi .. wallah hu aalam! May Allah guide us all. (Ameen)

P.S: There is this thing out about him being a 'right hand' of some guy who claimed to be a prophet or somthing..! Anyone got any idea about that? please share and enlighten me. Thanks.

Yes, that too. One thoery (conspiracy :P) is that he was pardoned by a deal from the ISI inexchange for his speaking skills.

Details of the Yousif Kazzub issue: Zaid Hamid Exposed……………big time……………
Along with Lahore Highcourt Ruling with Zaid Hamids name in it.

Zaid Hamid when asked about the issue :
He never replies to these allegations in a straight manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many of the Pakistani members here will make better leaders than Zaid Hamid.

Yes, that too. One thoery (conspiracy :P) is that he was pardoned by a deal from the ISI inexchange for his speaking skills.

Details of the Yousif Kazzub issue: Zaid Hamid Exposed……………big time……………
Along with Lahore Highcourt Ruling with Zaid Hamids name in it.

Zaid Hamid when asked about the issue : YouTube - zaid hamid again bypasses the yusuf kazzab's question
He never replies to these allegations in a straight manner.

SHAME ON YOU FOR ONLY POSTING PART OF A VIDEO!

He does NOT bypass, he has answered straightly!

Full video:

Zaid Hamid has nothing to do with Yusuf Kazab:

Xtremeownage - I'm sorry if this may irritate you but I have to intercept here. Frankly I don't buy his argument! I'm still not convinced! I have seen these clips before. He never and I emphasise .. NEVER ever said that he does not know that guy called Yousuf. Yes, he says that I'm not the one who disrespects our beloved prophet (may Allah swt blessings be upon him); But he never gives a straight answer and to me that does not prove that he was never in touch with that guy Yousuf.

For example, if someone was to say that I know you or I have been associated with you in past. A normal reply from me would be that I don't no 'Xtremeownage' at all. I will not go round in circles to prove it otherwise. And then if you hear him in these vidz, he always says that I don't have time to discuss it atm. Like its a serious issue for a simple Muslim like me. Either he knew the guy and was associated with him or he didn't know the guy. How hard can it be to say, ' I DO NOT KNOW YOUSUF AND HAVE NEVER KNOWN HIM.' Period. You get my point?!

Moreover, most of his speeches lack any credible sources. He goes on and on without quoting any references in his speeches and analysis! Again I'm not trying to provoke you but I'm just stating what I feel. I hope you understand!!

These are only few reasons why I just don't like his guts sometimes. Maybe Im wrong. And If I'm wrong then you have a moral right to correct me otherwise! but please take this in a light manner and don't just try to correct me for the sake of it! Again may Allah guide us all (ameen).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Xtremeownage - I'm sorry if this may irritate you but I have to intercept here. Frankly I don't buy his argument! I'm still not convinced! I have seen these clips before. He never and I emphasise .. NEVER ever said that he does not know that guy called Yousuf. Yes, he says that I'm not the one who disrespects our beloved prophet (may Allah swt blessings be upon him); But he never gives a straight answer and to me that does not prove that he was never in touch with that guy Yousuf.

For example, if someone was to say that I know you or I have been associated with you in past. A normal reply from me would be that I don't no 'Xtremeownage' at all. I will not go round in circles to prove it otherwise. And then if you hear him in these vidz, he always says that I don't have time to discuss it atm. Like its a serious issue for a simple Muslim like me. Either he knew the guy and was associated with him or he didn't know the guy. How hard can it be to say, ' I DO NOT KNOW YOUSUF AND HAVE NEVER KNOWN HIM.' Period. You get my point?!

Moreover, most of his speeches lack any credible sources. He goes on and on without quoting any references in his speeches and analysis! Again I'm not trying to provoke you but I'm just stating what I feel. I hope you understand!!

These are only few reasons why I just don't like his guts sometimes. Maybe Im wrong. And If I'm wrong then you have a moral right to correct me otherwise! but please take this in a light manner and don't just try to correct me for the sake of it! Again may Allah guide us all (ameen).

Thanks.

I am not trying to incite here or anything but many of the non-Pakistani members here raised the very points about Zaid Hamid that you raised in your post above. Just that it all got mired down into an Indo-Pak brawl.

I am glad you and a few others a are raising such points. Though he brings up India and the alleged RAW-MOSSAD-CIA axis in every other argument of his, I think its best left to the Pakistanis themselves to evolve a consensus about him.

All in good spirit.

My heart bleeds when I see all this ill-informed Pakistani's support the likes of Zaid Hamid, Ahmed Qureshi, Shahid Qureshi and other such conspiracy theorists. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with this show or the entire Wake-Up series, but there is something rotten about Zaid Zaman's hidden agenda.

Wake-Up Pakistan; Zaid Hamid is an ISI mouth-piece. His one-point agenda is to promote the image of the Pakistan Army and to justify expansion and increments in it's defense budget. How? Raw-Mossad-Cia are going to killl us, OH NO!. Think about this when you watch on of his more defense oriented talks. He lies through his teeth, all of his claims, all of his predictions are always wrong. The army, like other Pakistani institutions, is not entirely 'PAK', it has it's shortcomings and we should realize that. The whole Zia period who the darkest in Pakistan's history. Like I say "Pak Fauj tuje SALAM!, per sirf sarhad per'.

Finally, let me give you guys an example. Two-years ago Hamid Mir went to the tribal belt of Pakistan (Waziristan) and came back with the shocking news of the whole Taliban control, their Qila's, the lack of security forces presence and the ever so 'cosmetic' limited operations to eliminate the 'extremely low' Taliban presence. Here is what he said: YouTube - Hamid Mir in Wazeeristan . and RIGHTlY SO, because a year later as we all know it turned out that in reality Taliban did actually exist there and had a heavy presence. Recently (in Nov 2009) 30,000 army personnel were sent in that area and ISPR reported a estimated 15,000 strong Taliban force was being fought. So to my understanding Hamid Mir was right.

Now in 2008 Zaid Hamid's comment on this statement of Hamid Mir's (in defense of Pakistan Army of course) YouTube - Schizophrenic Zaid Hamid calls Hamid Mir a CIA agent calling Mir a CIA agent and any Taliban presence 'A jhoot and khurafat'. Which of course was an outright lie.

There are a dozen more examples of such statements of Zaid Hamid which have absolutely no backing or any sort of weight, ranging from Amar Singh (Ajmal Kasab) to Quaid-e-Azams vision of a 'Khilafat' in Pakistan.

Again here Hamid works for his one-point agenda to promote the Pakistan Army. There is nothing wrong with that, but that being at the expense of breading hate, antisemitism, anti-hinduism and against various other common military rivals of Pakistan. Calling a Hindu 'paleet' is just not right, not according to Islam nor according to Pakistan law. This hate breading is indeed very dangerous. He may say 9 excellent things about Islam and Pakistan but his 10th point will always be a agenda-based pro-Pakistan army comment to sway public opinion.

May Allah bless these people with guidance to the right direction.

You call them "ISI" agents, they'll call you "RAW/CIA/MOSSAD/RAMA/ERITREAN/KFC/NASA Agent"

Stop calling each other "agents" or "traitors" and grow up. If you really want to teach the message of peace and tolerance, do not let your emotions cloud your judgment and logic.

Dude ... stop with the lies already!! ... the video I posted was part of a 2 hour video. So you cannot expect me to post the whole 2 hour session. So what if you posted a further 2-3 mins of the video, WHERE IS THE ANSWER ... the additional part of the video you posted is totally irrelavent. Zaid Hamid says come to me personally (threat) and I will tell you who I am. (which was included in the video i posted as well)

About the second video, he says its national security blah blah blah ... no answer, never ever. While he can talk about nuclear programs, Amar Singh, Hussain Haqqani, Hamid Mir CIA, why can't he talk about his own past.Do not lie please.

Allah ka khof kero...Kabar mein bhi jana hai aur qayamat bhi ani hai.

RobbieS - With no disrespect but If I were an Indian, Id probably feel the same like most Indians do about Zaid! I mean clearly the guy is very provocative just like Shiv sehna back at ur ends. And just like you lot we Pakistanis also have a tendency of following people based on emotions rather than being rational. Its high time and hence we should really be very careful about our support bank. The guy's followers are increasing but I hope we are not doing the same mistake this time again!

Peace.

Dude ... stop with the lies already!! ... the video I posted was part of a 2 hour video. So you cannot expect me to post the whole 2 hour session. So what if you posted a further 2-3 mins of the video, WHERE IS THE ANSWER ... the additional part of the video you posted is totally irrelavent. Zaid Hamid says come to me personally (threat) and I will tell you who I am. (which was included in the video i posted as well)

About the second video, he says its national security blah blah blah ... no answer, never ever. While he can talk about nuclear programs, Amar Singh, Hussain Haqqani, Hamid Mir CIA, why can't he talk about his own past.Do not lie please.

Allah ka khof kero...Kabar mein bhi jana hai aur qayamat bhi ani hai.

I totally agree with you! Exactly my point. You said it in a much better way :)

Can we move on beyond personal allegations and debate the logic of his arguments? I feel that you don't need to reply to videos which are just recycling accusations.

Nonetheless, he is a hate monger and a war monger. Religion and Nationalism remain the two most abused ideologies and they arouse emotions beyond human control in many people and he is using both.
We've seen what a mix of religion and nationalism aimed at the lower middle class(especially rural) in the '80s and '90s did. It gave us Sipah e Shaba, Lashkar e Tayyab, Jaish e Muhammad, Hizb ul Mujahideen, Lashkar e Omar and the countless other "Jihadi tanzeemen" and they have only created problems for us. Myopic security and foreign policy gave us the "jihadi tanzeemen" but I don't what this movement will give us. Maybe even more illiterate (in the real sense not as in educated), intolerant and naive-about-history youth. The hatred of politics that sprouts from his lips is seriously disturbing. It is your, mine and everybody's duty to hold the public officials and elected representatives accountable and take to the streets when required, but he instills hatred of politics in general all the time. He supports the myopic and elitist view that democracy and Pakistan are incompatible and that PA is the only savior of this country(on this forum this will resonate highly). We have already seen too much glorification of dictatorships, we don't want more.

Under the garb of the establishment of the much-loved-across-Pakistan mythical "khilafa" and jingoistic nationalism, he demagogically rants about how every problem of ours is externally created, glorifies history for the youth that is illiterate in this field, commits naked adulteration and murder of historical facts, mischievous and amazing fact twisting, indulges in fancy and imaginative story telling and the countless "predictions/investigative reports" that have emerged to be entirely false are just some of his small errors and mistakes.

Just look at the internet flood that they have created. Dozens of blogs under different names with same admins using the same stuff to target a wider "urban" middle class audience.

Just listen to this story about how our problems with "an equation/formula" were solved in the development of the A-bomb

RobbieS - With no disrespect but If I were an Indian, Id probably feel the same like most Indians do about Zaid! I mean clearly the guy is very provocative just like Shiv sehna back at ur ends. And just like you lot we Pakistanis also have a tendency of following people based on emotions rather than being rational. Its high time and hence we should really be very careful about our support bank. The guy's followers are increasing but I hope we are not doing the same mistake this time again!

Peace.

Yeah, talking about the Thackerays and the Shiv Sena I'd rather have them sent to Pakistan. That will cure them of their xenophobia or you guys could handle them whatever way you'd want.

But on a serious note, there is a great need for educated and rational folks on both sides of the borders to stand up and be counted and not just on online forums. If it means opposing lunatics and zealots like Hamid and the Thackerays, so be it.

Thanks.

You need a shaira acceptable proof to accuse ZH of being the follower of a false profit but you don't need any proofs to accuse Hamid Mir of being a "CIA agent" on national television. Neither do you need any proofs to label Hussain Haqqani as an agent or for that matter Pervaiz Hoodbhoy as a RAW agent. You don't need to provide proofs for labeling anybody as an agent. All that requires is a moral high ground gained by rants and a laal topi.

Anyways, accusing somebody of being the follower of a false prophet requires one to rely on credible evidence and proof but ZH hasn't ever replied in complete denial. He first claimed that the guy mentioned time and again is Zaid Zaman and he's Zaid Hamid but he himself changed to his full named, Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid.

That letter in defense of Yousaf Ali published in Dawn by the name of Z.Z. Hamid only enhances suspicion.

IMO, his religious views aren't a problem unless he is using religion as a proving ground for his claims (which he is to a certain extent).

It is beyond mine and anybody else's authority of challenging somebody's faith. It is his and the creator's matter and let's leave it to that.

@sparklingway and cynic waheed- Not to interfere here but I must say its refreshing to see your views on Zaid Hamid. Too many times on this forum I find Pakistanis dither on their way to opposing him. It seemed that the voices of opposition were cowed down by people holding his every word to be true and some even desiring him to be the next Pakistani President.

Yeah, talking about the Thackerays and the Shiv Sena I'd rather have them sent to Pakistan. That will cure them of their xenophobia or you guys could handle them whatever way you'd want.

Ha! Nah keep your Thakray's and Sena's with u mate. We already got enough dirt on this side of the border. Or perhaps we can ship them all to moon and they can keep fighting against each other there!! Apni tu jaan choothay gi!!

But on a serious note, there is a great need for educated and rational folks on both sides of the borders to stand up and be counted and not just on online forums. If it means opposing lunatics and zealots like Hamid and the Thackerays, so be it.

Must say - Totally agree with you there!! But hey we should keep trying be it on forums or where ever (in my humble opinion) !!

@sparklingway and cynic waheed- Not to interfere here but I must say its refreshing to see your views on Zaid Hamid. Too many times on this forum I find Pakistanis dither on their way to opposing him. It seemed that the voices of opposition were cowed down by people holding his every word to be true and some even desiring him to be the next Pakistani President.

I have to say I think most of the Pakistanis who actually live there have a relatively different view of him than people overseas. Like many of my folks back home told me about him first and boi were they impressed!! I have to add though, you can't blame them either. With so much terrorism and dirty politics, people back home are so hopeless that they would literally believe anyone who would speak what they want to hear!! I hope we will eventually get out of these loops and rise again with dignity! Insha Allah.

Back
Top Bottom