What's new

Z-19 For Pak army?

I think you have to look at the situation and make a judgement. Is Z-19 the best? No, is it a light copter? Yes.

But what are you going to use it for? Anti terror? This is plenty, attack against a capable nation? This could be part of it.

It depends on what you need, you won't bring a gun to a close quarter situation, you use a knife, it's cheaper and more effective. But you also could use a knife in a war situation, as a part of the equipment.

Given the cost and speed of construction, it's possible for Pakistan to get and maintain a large number with minimal fuss. Chinese parts are cheap, available and reliable.

Now even a lot of them may not do the job less Apaches can do, but a lot of them would mean deployment everywhere, rather than concentrate a few places.

You got to see how you would use them.

Every 171st Pakistani is a taxpayer,50% parliament including the PM are tax chor, yet all of them chant 'Pakistan hamari jaan, sabsay pehlay Pakistan', and all of them want world's state of the art weapons to protect their liberty. :rolleyes:
By the way Z-10 is good copy of Apache

A single T-129 costs 10 million more than a single JF-17 thunder, we do not have extra money to throw.
Yeah but the Army's been using its attack helicopters in war time conditions for years with no stop. In PA's case, a highly capable and very reliable system is paramount, even if it were to cost them $45-50mn per unit. The AH-1s cannot fly forever, and if they're absolutely done, then consider it the end of Waziristan and Pakistan's counter-insurgency efforts. Mark my words, the money for new attack helicopters (T-129, AH-1Z or AH-64) will find their way, one way or another.

Yeah but the Army's been using its attack helicopters in war time conditions for years with no stop. In PA's case, a highly capable and very reliable system is paramount, even if it were to cost them $45-50mn per unit. The AH-1s cannot fly forever, and if they're absolutely done, then consider it the end of Waziristan and Pakistan's counter-insurgency efforts. Mark my words, the money for new attack helicopters (T-129, AH-1Z or AH-64) will find their way, one way or another.

I've no problem we know it is a much needed requirement of PAA as AH-1s are getting very old, we don't have money available in either budget or national financial account but we know money is getting printed all year long like never seen before first was zardari govt and now pml-n govt so Pakistan is already into bad economic position what would change let them just print some more money for the needed equipment...the current Govt is interested in keeping excellent relations with Turkey the interest in T-129 is on the top.

I've no problem we know it is a much needed requirement of PAA as AH-1s are getting very old, we don't have money available in either budget or national financial account but we know money is getting printed all year long like never seen before first was zardari govt and now pml-n govt so Pakistan is already into bad economic position what would change let them just print some more money for the needed equipment...the current Govt is interested in keeping excellent relations with Turkey the interest in T-129 is on the top.
I was referring to US aid. The US wants Pakistan to keep itself busy in Waziristan and if the Army can't get new attack helicopters, then the Army won't consider itself an effective COIN force. In other words, if the US aid dries up so will Pakistan's efforts in Waziristan and against the Taliban, and the US will not let that happen. I estimate six months before we see either a DSCA notice for new AH-1Z or AH-64Es for Pakistan OR some serious deal with Turkey.

I was referring to US aid. The US wants Pakistan to keep itself busy in Waziristan and if the Army can't get new attack helicopters, then the Army won't consider itself an effective COIN force. In other words, if the US aid dries up so will Pakistan's efforts in Waziristan and against the Taliban, and the US will not let that happen. I estimate six months before we see either a DSCA notice for new AH-1Z or AH-64Es for Pakistan OR some serious deal with Turkey.

FMS is the way forward for PK if we can convince the US. the next option is a combination of FMS/Soverign funds and lastly 100% soverign funds like the F-16 purchases. it will be a US type thats for sure otherwise the Z-10 would have already been inducted.

That would an interesting offer AH-64E against T-129.

Back
Top Bottom