What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

309c236f8da423ad049e12.jpg

Via http://www.81.cn/kj/2022-03/29/content_10144252.htm

If the export to PA rumor story mentioned by Beast is true then this new updated add-on of Milli Metric Wave Radar and other modification could well be the prototype or first picture of the PA Z-10ME.

I remembered lots of PDF members also wanted MMWR on the PA next attack helicopter. Maybe that's one of the official requirement by the PA as well. So, the new version of Z-10ME was modified to that specification. But maybe some of the graphene armor panels have to be removed due to the added weight of MMWR?

No more plate armor around the cockpit?
It is a removable piece, can be added or removed as needed.

The upward design of exhaust nozzle will cause the engine to lose 10% power+new additional MMR=have to remove the plate armor around the cockpit.
No idea where you got this idea, the ME variant has significantly more powerful engines than the original Z-10K and Z-10M variants. Exhaust nozzle direction can’t just make the engine less powerful, especially not by an amount that massive, and the MMWR, while adding weight, does not and should not require armor removal unless it’s a COG issue, cannot be a payload issue.

It is a removable piece, can be added or removed as needed.

No idea where you got this idea, the ME variant has significantly more powerful engines than the original Z-10K and Z-10M variants. Exhaust nozzle direction can’t just make the engine less powerful, especially not by an amount that massive, and the MMWR, while adding weight, does not and should not require armor removal unless it’s a COG issue, cannot be a payload issue.
That design is for reducing infrared signature,but side effect is that it will make the engine less powerful.And surely you can still have those plate armor around the cockpit, but It will affect the flight performance of the Helicopter or you should reduce the fuel to balance it(as i know,wz-10 as an AH have a biggest flight range over the world ).

Last edited:
That design is for reducing infrared signature,but side effect is it will make the engine less powerful
Again, do you have a source for that? Because it makes no sense. Im aware it’s to reduce the heat signature, but how does that make the engine less powerful and why would they do that in the first place when one of the biggest issues with the older models were weaker engines. And how did you come up with a figure of 10% less power?

Please don’t spread false information or at least present a source.

Again, do you have a source for that? Because it makes no sense. Im aware it’s to reduce the heat signature, but how does that make the engine less powerful and why would they do that in the first place when one of the biggest issues with the older models were weaker engines. And how did you come up with a figure of 10% less power?

Please don’t spread false information or at least present a source.
There will be no official data,the number is come from some reliable military commentators.May be the number is not exactly right,be side effect is truely exist.

Back
Top Bottom