What's new

Z-10 or T-129 Atak or AH-1Z for the Pakistan Army?

TAI to manufacture 60 T-129 Atak helicopter worth 3 billion $ for Azerbaijan Army.

http://www.sabah.com.tr/Ekonomi/2013...zeri-ordusunda
Азербайджан закупит боевые вертолеты на 3 млрд долларов: Ð*кономика, 4 февраля 2013

TAI to manufacture 60 T-129 Atak helicopter worth 3 billion $ for Azerbaijan Army.

http://www.sabah.com.tr/Ekonomi/2013...zeri-ordusunda
http://news.day.az/economy/381620.html

If deal is true, Most probably, It contains the maintenance, training of pilots, spare parts as well. I don't know If the missile systems included into deal or not...

for that much money, it must be all inclusive.

Azerbaijan has that much cash, their total military budget is $2.4B-$3B, where is the money pouring in or does it have anything to do with Oil.

We know that Pakistani authorities have described attack helo need for Pakistani Land forces to fight against assymetric warfare threats, anti-tank and recognaisance-surveillance missions. I think there are two main candidates for Pakistani attack helo tender. T-129 and Z-10.

In politic aspects; Both China and Turkey are the friend countries of Pakistan and always support Pakistan against the enemies threaten the Pakistan.

so I think The side which offers more cost-effective solutions and more technological transfer make the differences in Pakistani tender.

but, I think If Pakistani authorities describe below criterias for their future attack helicopter platforms,

-Western technological quality
-Nato standarts
-70mm laser guided missile technology
-MMW radar and MMW guided A-T missile technology
-High Power/Weight ratio for high mountainy areas
-20mm three barrel gun
-Obstacle detection radar

The winner will be T-129 Atak... I hope Chinese friends will also describe the detail specifications of Z-10 to compare both of them comprehensiely in next posts...

I would like Pakistan Army to buy that helicopter which they can produce in Pakistan and have less cost but more effective

Last edited by a moderator:
Azerbaijan has that much cash, their total military budget is $2.4B-$3B, where is the money pouring in or does it have anything to do with Oil.

Azerbaijan exports about 800,000 barrels per day of crude oil. At $100 per barrel oil it comes to approx $80-million per day oil income.

With a total population of less than 10-million souls, Azerbaijan is a rich country by all accounts.

Azerbaijan exports about 800,000 barrels per day of crude oil. At $100 per barrel oil it comes to approx $80-million per day oil income.

With a total population of less than 10-million souls, Azerbaijan is a rich country by all accounts.

Very disturbing situation for Pakistan despite our rich resources we are behind indonesia-azarbaijan-thailand and even iran.

Any updates guys? Are we any closer to knowing if/when Pakistan will order such an attack helo?

Wz-10 Attack Helicopters cost is around 25 Millions and Wz-19 light Attack Helicopters cost around 15-20 millions

War is war characteristics, a "reliable source" Pakistan needs to make up for the consumption of war.Not what weapons more snazzy.Our Pakistan friends apparently lack of understanding of the nature of war, they actually said to South Korea imports K9 self-propelled artillery.

Any updates guys? Are we any closer to knowing if/when Pakistan will order such an attack helo?

far far farrrttt away from a deal.....:disagree:
Army aviation is not in spot light when infantry upgrade and Artillery upgrades are under way along with induced new AKs and APCs on order.....
one afterward 2018 completion of some programs and NATO departure from Afghanistan will help in decision...
i.e relationship with USA....
maybe if relation will be good our entire Cobra fleet be replaced by super Cobra...
if bad then this would lead in slection of one of above helis...
I hope WZ-10 Improved version would be shown till then and this will be a game changer and will help PA to plan and slect a heli.....:raise:

2232sxpot.jpg

''Yürüttüğümüz 150 proje bulunuyor. Hürkuş ve jet uçağı geliştirme projeleri bunlardan bazıları. ANKA insansız hava aracımız, ABD'nin Predator'ü ve İsrail'in Heron'u ile birlikte dünyada üçüncü. Ayrıca ''Turna'' ve ''Şimşek'' olmak üzere iki ayrı insansız hava aracı projeleri devam ediyor. Bunları, Hava Kuvvetleri ve Deniz Kuvvetleri'yle Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü'ne sunacağız. ATAK helikopterimiz ile ilgili son aşamaya geldik. ATAK için Pakistan, Güney Kore gibi ülkelere satış konusunda görüşüyoruz.''

http://www.aa.com.tr/tr/manset/137931--adi-gibi-atak

Last edited by a moderator:
''Yürüttüğümüz 150 proje bulunuyor. ....

For those who are interested in a translation:

Around 150 project is ongoing at TAI. Among them "Hürkuş" and "new fighter development" projects could be mentioned.

hurkus.png

Hürkuş

Jet Trainer and Fighter Aircraft Conceptual Design Project

"ANKA" MALE UAV along with Predator and Heron could be classified as third bird in it's kind in the world.

large_anka-1-bb.jpg

ANKA Medium Altitude Long Endurance UAV System

In addition to "Turna" and "Şimşek" as target drone UAV's there are other two UAVs under development.
Target Drone Project

"ATAK" is at final development phase and testing procedures.

atak-slide-image.png

Back
Top Bottom