What's new

Yudh Abhyas 2013 at Fort Bragg Begins

So do you think they couldnt find the right camo for their helmets to go with their uniforms? anyways after they are in india... u wont see them wearing these... so enjoy.

EHHMMM Why not?

New helmets are already being issued to IA units.

IA soldiers wearing newer helmets and gear
482474_509918412378909_1326980857_n.jpg

Hey guys can any of you post the pic of new 50,000 bullet proof helmets delivered by TAML a subsidiary of TATA to IA.
Here is the link ,just remove the two spaces in http and www

ht tp://ww w.tamlindia.com/personal-armor.htm

I thought India is scared to China to do any war exersice with USA and Japan etc. and India refused to go in any war excersice ...as per some thread in PDF

Am not to be counted as a naysayer. Just asked the questions and my original post had enough reason to reason a question. Kindly read it and then brand me as a naysayer. Thanks.

My post was not aimed at you and I know you were asking a genuine question.

My post was aimed at some specific trolls who have a habit of making baseless comments about the accessories and goodies of our soldiers.You can visit our special forces thread to know who was it aimed at.

Thanks Kurup for the clarification.

For all others who are interested to know , we (Indians) have manufacturers of helmets as listed below :-

Body Armor - Protection Vest, Military Helmet, Heat Resistant Gloves and Flame Resistant Clothing Supplier & Manufacturer from Gurgaon, India

TATA Advanced Materials Ltd... (our member Abingdonboy had already posted this )

Solomon Technologies LImited

M.K.U Private Limited (perhaps the most reputed personnel armor mfct in India)
MKU :: Manufacturers of Defence, Armed Forces and Paramilitary Solutions

Anyways.. back to the ORIGINAL TOPIC of Yuddh Abbhyaas

(For those who are not inclined in the language of Sanskrit, Yudh Abbhyaas = Study of Warfare )

I think our Pakistani friends are shocked at the modern helmets and gear that India is using in USA .I think they have forgotten we enjoy a 40 billion defense budget annually and are increasing our western type military hardware.ie very smart Indian camo and head gear from indians

One more question for those who have had FIELD experiences. Seeing the red lanyard worn on the right shoulder/under armpit - how useful is it in tactical operations ?

Also - the red color of the lanyard and the name patches embroidered in gold - Is it not clashing with the purpose of camouflage and can we not look at earth colored name patches that go along the overall scheme of camou. ? I can understand that one needs to read soldiers names and therefore a high visibility patch is important but in tactical applications, it seems out of place to me. Knowledgeable replies from ex-officers/soldiers from either Indian / Pak side kindly reply.

No trolling - as this is a genuine question.

Thanks

Thanks Kurup for the clarification.

For all others who are interested to know , we (Indians) have manufacturers of helmets as listed below :-

Body Armor - Protection Vest, Military Helmet, Heat Resistant Gloves and Flame Resistant Clothing Supplier & Manufacturer from Gurgaon, India

TATA Advanced Materials Ltd... (our member Abingdonboy had already posted this )

Solomon Technologies LImited

M.K.U Private Limited (perhaps the most reputed personnel armor mfct in India)
MKU :: Manufacturers of Defence, Armed Forces and Paramilitary Solutions

Anyways.. back to the ORIGINAL TOPIC of Yuddh Abbhyaas

(For those who are not inclined in the language of Sanskrit, Yudh Abbhyaas = Study of Warfare )

Has our military ordered anything from them especially MKU ??

They have a number of good products and all of them seems impressive.

Has our military ordered anything from them especially MKU ??

They have a number of good products and all of them seems impressive.

HI Kurup,

To my understanding - MKU is making stuff for foreign militaries. Not sure about Indian mil. and am not qualified to comment on IM purchases.

Cheers
Dandpatta

One more question for those who have had FIELD experiences. Seeing the red lanyard worn on the right shoulder/under armpit - how useful is it in tactical operations ?

Also - the red color of the lanyard and the name patches embroidered in gold - Is it not clashing with the purpose of camouflage and can we not look at earth colored name patches that go along the overall scheme of camou. ? I can understand that one needs to read soldiers names and therefore a high visibility patch is important but in tactical applications, it seems out of place to me. Knowledgeable replies from ex-officers/soldiers from either Indian / Pak side kindly reply.

No trolling - as this is a genuine question.

Thanks

The red colour thing and the name tag is not for field operations.In operations no one wears these badges and sometimes officers dont even wear their ranks although it is a personal choice.

There is a reason jawans cover their face..Do you think they are so stupid that they will cover their face and wear their name tags and other badges?The Army specially RR and SF are very secretive..most of the time they are conducting operatrions in plain clothes wearing "khan suit" and driving Tata Sumo and trucks.

The red colour thing and the name tag is not for field operations.In operations no one wears these badges and sometimes officers dont even wear their ranks although it is a personal choice.

There is a reason jawans cover their face..Do you think they are so stupid that they will cover their face and wear their name tags and other badges?The Army specially RR and SF are very secretive..most of the time they are conducting operatrions in plain clothes wearing "khan suit" and driving Tata Sumo and trucks.
Also I don't know if annoying noticed but even the NCO ranks that are seen on the sleeves of the soldiers and are often seen in white are replaced by camo stripes when on ops:

Look tat the guy's sleeve on the far right.

Back
Top Bottom