What's new

Youth in IOK keen to join army

Psugumar

This time I deleted your post. Next time you make offtopic flame posts, you will be banned.

Last edited:
There's one possibility that no one has mentioned.

This could be a massive infiltration into the Bharatiya security services.

Many of the training camps of militants in the kashmiri jungles have been destroyed, so it might be a tactic of the militants to get some youngsters trained.

We saw the same thing in many other conflicts, especially the Jewish fighters in the British Army who then went to Palestine after the end of the second world war and formed their terrorist gangs that targetted the British.

Are the Bharatia army letting in a Trojan Horse?

^If their love for their country is anything less than fanatical, they won't survive the training that the army has in store for them.

Besides, the IA conducts thorough background checks on its recruits.

Indeed a clever strategy, join the Indian ranks, learn military combat and training, learn to operate firearms/machine guns, acquire weaponry, and when your finally ready kill the Hindu Indian Army soldiers.

Brilliant!

Many of the training camps of militants in the kashmiri jungles have been destroyed, so it might be a tactic of the militants to get some youngsters trained.

We saw the same thing in many other conflicts, especially the Jewish fighters in the British Army who then went to Palestine after the end of the second world war and formed their terrorist gangs that targetted the British.

Surely IA has thought about it. The Kashmiri jawans may be stationed in Assam or designated as strategic reserves used for domestic emergencies like flood relief and rescue, etc....not sure IA will post young armed Kashmiris in Kashmir, at least not yet, maybe this may change in future.
Someone more familiar with troop deployments correct me if I'm wrong, but IA tries as far as possible to station troops away from their home states, to avoid the risk of them being pulled into local political issues....

I'm not saying that the jawans will be stationed in Kashmir. Wherever they are stationed, they will still get top military training, use of weapons, tactics, etc. One day, they will return home, whether as soldiers or otherwise.

It is only a few years down the line that anyone would realise what has happened. It is common knowledge that militants' tactics throughout the world these days, is to infiltrate security services and wreck havoc from within.

True, one has to watch out against double agents. That said, the JK Light Infantry performed very creditably in Kargil, 1999. It would not be good to deny a chance to everybody for the crimes of a few bad eggs. Such bad eggs have been found even amongst Hindus.

I'm not saying that the jawans will be stationed in Kashmir. Wherever they are stationed, they will still get top military training, use of weapons, tactics, etc. One day, they will return home, whether as soldiers or otherwise.

It is only a few years down the line that anyone would realise what has happened. It is common knowledge that militants' tactics throughout the world these days, is to infiltrate security services and wreck havoc from within.

It is a common fact that when you can't beat the bully join him soon he will begin to wonder who he was fighting in the first place.

Indian forces will allow the poor and deprived Kashmiris a way to feed their families it is a shame that because of the lack of developement in the region so many of them have to join the army to bring bread to the table.

For 15,000 Kashmiri youth, the Army beckons

768e9285067c1a63463ca52c84dfdb29.jpg

fa854457603302b6c1be6d1805bbfa4c.jpg

da64829b9f4a53c0ad331787fce6ac2b.jpg

359ce71c8650b34f4a41c95828178474.jpg

I'm sorry if that was the case kashmiri youth would have never found place in the Army.But its not the case.

Now lets take the case of local police in kashmir whose lower ranks mostly comprised of thousands of local muslim youths who have been doing very well for aganist pakistani backed insurgency irrespective of life threarts to them and their families, gaining respect from other security agencies.So much so that for past few yrs its mostly local police along with CRPF who spearheading the anti insurgency battle.

Thousands attend army's recruitment rally in Kashmir
Mir Ehsan

Posted online: February 16, 2009 at 1246

Thousands of young men turned up at the venue of Army’s recruitment rally in North Kashmir’s garrison town Baramulla.

Baramulla Thousands of young men turned up at the venue of Army’s recruitment rally in North Kashmir’s garrison town Baramulla.
From early hours young men from different parts of the Valley started assembling outside Baramulla sports stadium venue of the Army’s recruitment rally on the outskirts of the town.

Some boys had even reached the venue hours before the process began at around 10 am. “I don’t want to miss this opportunity,” said Mohammad Ashraf Khan, a youth from Leelam Kupwara. “I am unemployed and need a job badly,” he said.

Khan had reached Baramulla on Sunday night and stayed at a friends place. “Earlier, also I had applied for different jobs in various departments. But, luck did not favour me then. This time I am sure I will get a job in the army,” he said.

Another youth, Imtiyaz Ahmad had come from remote Ajas village of Bandipore to participate in the rally. He too had stayed in a nearby village close to the venue for the night. “I will try my best to get a job in the armed forces,” he said. “I have been waiting for this recruitment rally from past many months,” he said while holding documents required for the selection process in his hands, the young man was hopeful of finding a place in the Army.

Defence spokesman, Col Uma Maheswar said that the recruitment process will go on for next six days. “For first two days the documents and tokens will be issued to the job aspirants,” he said. “On February 18 and 19, the army officials would conduct physical tests,” he said adding that for next two days written and medical tests of the candidates qualifying the physical tests will be held.

Director, Recruitment who is of the rank of Brigadier will also be visiting the rally on Wednesday. This time more vacancies have been created both in Regular and Territorial Army to absorb Kashmiri youths in the Defence Forces.

“The Army takes pride in regularly recruiting Kashmiri youth and providing employment opportunities to them,” said Army’s Recruiting Office. “This time total number of vacancies for Regular and Territorial Army (Home and Hearth) will be increased.”

Army has already announced bonus for National Cadet Corps (NCC) certificate holders and the kin of ex-servicemen in case they produce valid documents. Special priority will also be given to candidates from the militancy prone areas of the state.

Of late local youths are showing interest towards joining the armed forces. Some years ago, Army had constituted fresh Territorial Army regiment that comprises local boys.

mir.ehsan@expressindia

Thousands attend army's recruitment rally in Kashmir - KashmirLive.Com

This talk of some kind of infiltration seems nothing but hoping against hope on the part of our friends here. Well, I am not surprised.

And why is any positive development in Kashmir linked to plebiscite in Kashmir! India (and the world ) has rejected plebiscite as an option. Its not about who will win or lose that hypothetical plebiscite at all.

Its just not an option on the table.

Last edited:
i dont think so

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

this is all fake story

And for that rant u have opened that 2 year old thread.

OK let me enlighten you with the reality, kashmiri youth are very much with India don't go by the jamati stooges in India. :no:

Like u have taliban or TTP it doesn't mean every pakistani is Taliban or hate pakistan same is in India Kashmiris don't hate India they are part of India its just few rotten apples. :agree:

Do u get it????????????

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom