What's new

Yousuf announces retirement

iioal malik

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Yousuf is expected to announce his retirement from international cricket next week.

A local Urdu language daily reported Saturday that Yousuf will make a formal announcement on Monday at a news conference in Karachi.

“I have decided to quit cricket,” Yousuf was quoted as saying.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has suspended Yousuf and Younis Khan for an indefinite period because of infighting which impacted on the national team’s performance during the series against Australia.

The 35-year-old Yousuf told the paper that it is not a rash decision and he consulted friends and family members before making his decision.

Yousuf was elevated to the captaincy after Younis quit as skipper last year. Under his guidance, Pakistan drew test series against New Zealand before being routed 3-0 by Australia in a test series and 5-0 in a limited-overs series.

The prolific middle-order batsman was reportedly upset after PCB implemented recommendations of an inquiry committee and suspended him
DAWN.COM | Cricket | Yousuf to announce retirement next week: report

Its sad that in our cricket when someone is about to break another old cricketer's record or getting close to it , he is sacked or thrown out ...

This really must stop -

7000 runs 3-4 years left he can pile up 10,000 runs easily

Let the guy play who is going to challenge him ... we have no body

Its sad that in our cricket when someone is about to break another old cricketer's record or getting close to it , he is sacked or thrown out ...

This really must stop -

7000 runs 3-4 years left he can pile up 10,000 runs easily

Let the guy play who is going to challenge him ... we have no body

INDEED a sad news

But this is the story of our heroes wat happen to heroes in pakistan not only in cricket but from zulfiqar ali bhutto to AQ khan u name it

The man who should get retired is younis khan but wat can we do the man is totally shamless anyways feel bad for Yousuf

a very sad news for Pakistan team. I wish he could play 2011 World Cup before retirement. The way he has been thrown out of the team is disappointing. I believe such legends deserves respect and should retire on their HIGHs. Not like when you are banned for indefinite /unspecified period

Sad news. He is rly a good batsman. .i hope he will rethink on his retirement decision.he can play 3 to 4 years more

Great batsmen, but a person with no professional brain. Pakistan still can use his services if he desires..but the ban is ban. Once it is lifted, he can once again play for Pakistan.

Going on a media rampage to criticize players, etc is not acceptable. No matter how much power you have. Now the example is made.

Except his matches against India I just love is batting. He is like our Dravid. Well, to be honest, he is more than Dravid. Such a composed batsman. Hats off Yousuf. World cricket is going to miss another legend.

Great batsmen, but a person with no professional brain. Pakistan still can use his services if he desires..but the ban is ban. Once it is lifted, he can once again play for Pakistan.
made.

I ditto! First sentence sums him up.

He said that he received a letter from the PCB saying that his inclusion in the team is harmful for the team. What the heck? Again, PCB at its worst. Wasting players is the special art of PCB. I don't know when this dirty politics would end. Yousef still can serve Pakistan; there is a lot of cricket left in him.

Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf has announced his retirement from international cricket, following an indefinite ban imposed by the PCB in the aftermath of a winless tour of Australia.

"I received a letter from the PCB that my staying in the team is harmful for the team, so I announce my retirement from international cricket," he said in Karachi. "I thank the fans around the world, all the senior players and family members for supporting me throughout my 12-year career.

"I always played for my country and if my playing is harmful for the team then I don't want to play," he said.

Yousuf had, last week, said he was preparing to retire and that he would make a formal announcement today. He played 88 Tests, nine as captain and scored 7,431 runs at an average of 53.07, including 24 centuries. He also scored 9,624 runs in 282 one-day internationals
Mohammad Yousuf retires from international cricket | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Mohammad-Yousuf-11.jpg

Is this a sad news?
For me its a very sad. Because he can play 2 year more.
Probably the best ever batting star for me.

I think both Younis Khan and Mohammad Yousef would be back for the Eng series. His retirement is just because of stupid policies of PCB. It's just an emotional decision.

Back
Top Bottom