What's new

Your views on Euthanasia/Assisted Suicide?

Should people have the right to commit Suicide?

• Yes

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Mage

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Like the title suggest, what are your views on Euthanasia and/or Assisted Suicide?

Canada, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Switzerland allow physicians to physically assist in the death of patients.

Discuss.

I have read many religious books and attempting suicide or finishing your birth is the biggest sin.
Human body is not easy to achieve for any soul. Pain you are having here is the result of your past births and you must bear it.

I'm a huge supporter for suicides of certain people. o_O

Okay, yes, I wholeheartedly support euthanasia.
Everyone should fill out a comprehensive euthanasia form at a certain age or/and under certain illnesses.

Don't know about others, all the pleasures and the pains of my life are for me to live and face to the fullest. Not unless my lungs have taken the last breath, my heart has beaten the last and my brain has succumbed to the darkness on their own, don't need another human's assistance to end me.

There is this saying "Meetha hup hup karwa thoo thoo" ...... my pleasures and my pains all are mine I won't run away from them.

Don't know about others, all the pleasures and the pains of my life are for me to live and face to the fullest. Not unless my lungs have taken the last breath, my heart has beaten the last and my brain has succumbed to the darkness on their own, don't need another human's assistance to end me.

There is this saying "Meetha hup hup karwa thoo thoo" ...... my pleasures and my pains all are mine I won't run away from them.

Sometimes the pain is of a type you and I have not experienced. And God willing never will.

All ancient cultures have versions of humans beyond a certain age going off in search of the final solitude. And never coming back.

Animals do it too.

Its the law of nature. The taboo on suicide in man made.

Cheers, Doc

Sometimes the pain is of a type you and I have not experienced. And God willing never will.

All ancient cultures have versions of humans beyond a certain age going off in search of the final solitude. And never coming back.

Animals do it too.

Its the law of nature. The taboo on suicide in man made.

Cheers, Doc

You don't plan your birth doc .......... so how come you should plan your exit? Your entry and your exit, its not you to decide, That's natural. As I said if all the pleasures of my life are mine then I won't prefer die a coward running from the pains of the same life.

You don't plan your birth doc .......... so how come you should plan your exit? Your entry and your exit, its not you to decide, That's natural. As I said if all the pleasures of my life are mine then I won't prefer die a coward running from the pains of the same life.
There are types of chronic pain that humans can't endure.
You're trying to be modest, but you're not being modest.

We should take on the difficulties head on and not chicken out. Otherwise we are opening the door for suicide bombers. BTW it appear peaceful but actually it is not..it is just that the dead person is not here to narrate his painful story to us.

Personally, I believe only my parents have a right over my body.

No person whose parent or parents are still alive has the right to take his or her own life. Or should.

Once his or her parents are gone, he or she is on his/her own.

I'm just trying to articulate my personal views here. I've already started by saying that as a doctor, I am duty bound to be against the concept.

Also in the eyes of law, and the medical fraternity, in fact society as well, there is a difference between assisted suicide and just ceasing to keep trying to live.

A very critical difference ....

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom