What's new

Your Photography 2

I am already reducing the size from the raw images to 2048 pixels maximum for width or height, including large panoramas. What smaller size would you prefer, 1024 pixels, or even less? It is easy for me to do while processing the photos.

May be 1024? We need it to be under 1 Mb really for page to work smoothly. Single picture per post and around 800-900 kb. But on other hand, really do not want to compromise on quality,

May be you can decide this best yourself, make it as light weight as possible and try the quality is not lost?

May be 1024? We need it to be under 1 Mb really for page to work smoothly. Single picture per post and around 800-900 kb. But on other hand, really do not want to compromise on quality,

May be you can decide this best yourself, make it as light weight as possible and try the quality is not lost?

Let me play around with the settings to see what compromise would work better. As you point out, it will be a trade-off between file size and quality, whatveer settings are used.

Let me play around with the settings to see what compromise would work better. As you point out, it will be a trade-off between file size and quality, whatveer settings are used.
Understood. Thats why i think the guy who took the pics will be the best judge of it. Just remember, too heave pics and the page do not loads at all and no point in share the pic to begin with. I am sure you will come up with an optimum solution, a balance between quality and size.
This is from a recent visit to Fairy Meadows, the mountain in the pic is Nanga Parbat, 9th highest in the world and second highest in Pakistan.

DSCN1791.JPG

Understood. Thats why i think the guy who took the pics will be the best judge of it. Just remember, too heave pics and the page do not loads at all and no point in share the pic to begin with. I am sure you will come up with an optimum solution, a balance between quality and size.
This is from a recent visit to Fairy Meadows, the mountain in the pic is Nanga Parbat, 9th highest in the world and second highest in Pakistan.

View attachment 492287

Although the image is 2000x1500 pixels at 300 dpi, the file size is <1MB due to the lossy compression setting used. Beautiful picture, BTW.

==================================

Testing settings.....

2048x1365 pixel images:

File size 982 KB:

20180729-02037-smallFS.jpg

File size 3030 KB:

20180729-02037.jpg

Although the image is 2000x1500 pixels at 300 dpi, the file size is <1MB due to the lossy compression setting used. Beautiful picture, BTW.

==================================

Testing settings.....

2048x1365 pixel images:

File size 982 KB:

View attachment 492291

File size 3030 KB:

View attachment 492292
Well, i will stick with the first one, 2048-1365 at 982 KB! The only little difference one can notice is when you zoom in a lot, that is rare. Under 1 MB should work better for the thread. :tup:

So not the greatest photo for sure, lol, but it's off our new Mavic Pro drone which the footage is in 4k and is amazing, but trying to get a still out of the footage (instead of using the photo option on the drone camera) and this is the result. Couldn't calm down the brightness but it was a 98* day even out on the ocean water and not a cloud in the sky.

L6O5BFq.jpg

Looking Glass Rock:

BRP4-0002.jpg

===================================================================

The utterly charming and fabulous Hutte restaurant:

BRP4-0001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom