What's new

Your internet speed and plan

speed shows 10mb/sec but download occur at 1mbps at Rs. 100pm
unlimited
I am connected with a technical institute

4G-3g-india_thumb.jpg

Alcatel Lucent sees India, China 4G coming soon

Telecoms equipment maker Alcatel Lucent (ALUA.PA) said some telecoms carriers in China and India could put out bids for building of 4G trial networks as early as year-end, as they rush to upgrade existing networks or get into the wireless business.

China Mobile(0941.HK), the world's largest carrier by subscribers, has been letting some of the world's top equipment sellers, including the French-U.S. firm, show off their 4G capabilities at the Shanghai Expo that began in May and runs through the end of October.

"The calendar is we hope by year-end the trial networks will be announced, and partners selected and trials will start," Rajeev Singh-Morales, Asia Pacific president of Alcatel Lucent, told Reuters in an interview at the World Economic Forum on Monday.

"It's fair to say they've been in discussions with us. Everyone knows this trial is coming," he said.

At least two carriers in India, which only recently awarded licenses for 4G, also known as LTE, were also moving aggressively in the 4G space, he added.

One of those, Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries (RELI.BO), is eager to get into the industry to compete with established players, including Reliance Communications (RLCM.BO), headed by his brother, Anil.

"Initially, (4G) trials could start in India much faster, possibly by year end," Singh-Morales said.

He added a number of carriers looking at 4G are seriously considering TD-LTE, one of several variants of 4G being developed and promoted by China Mobile.

In particular, he said, companies that operate networks based on a high-speed wireless technology called WiMax would be most suitable for the Chinese homegrown standard, which China is actively promoting as it tries to gain a place alongside more widely accepted standards developed in the United States and Europe.

"(The Indian carriers) are certainly actively considering TD-LTE," he said. "Anyone that has deployed WiMax and wants to go to LTE would consider that ... a number of customers in Japan, Indonesia and even the U.S."

Separately, Singh-Morales said India was currently in public consultation with telecoms equipment makers over draft new rules designed to ease Delhi's concerns over network security. The equipment makers worry that the rules as first introduced would be difficult for them to implement, and are hoping to reach a middle ground with the government.

"There's a two-month consultation period, and then they will issue revised regulations," he said. "I'm confident we'll find a reasonable compromise."
http://www.cn-c114.net/577/a542286.html

Last edited:
Tata Plans World's Largest Wimax Network
The Indian telco plans a system of 3,000 base stations to deliver limited or full broadband service to 110 cities

4G-3g-india_thumb.jpg

Alcatel Lucent sees India, China 4G coming soon

Telecoms equipment maker Alcatel Lucent (ALUA.PA) said some telecoms carriers in China and India could put out bids for building of 4G trial networks as early as year-end, as they rush to upgrade existing networks or get into the wireless business.

China Mobile(0941.HK), the world's largest carrier by subscribers, has been letting some of the world's top equipment sellers, including the French-U.S. firm, show off their 4G capabilities at the Shanghai Expo that began in May and runs through the end of October.

"The calendar is we hope by year-end the trial networks will be announced, and partners selected and trials will start," Rajeev Singh-Morales, Asia Pacific president of Alcatel Lucent, told Reuters in an interview at the World Economic Forum on Monday.

"It's fair to say they've been in discussions with us. Everyone knows this trial is coming," he said.

At least two carriers in India, which only recently awarded licenses for 4G, also known as LTE, were also moving aggressively in the 4G space, he added.

One of those, Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries (RELI.BO), is eager to get into the industry to compete with established players, including Reliance Communications (RLCM.BO), headed by his brother, Anil.

"Initially, (4G) trials could start in India much faster, possibly by year end," Singh-Morales said.

He added a number of carriers looking at 4G are seriously considering TD-LTE, one of several variants of 4G being developed and promoted by China Mobile.

In particular, he said, companies that operate networks based on a high-speed wireless technology called WiMax would be most suitable for the Chinese homegrown standard, which China is actively promoting as it tries to gain a place alongside more widely accepted standards developed in the United States and Europe.

"(The Indian carriers) are certainly actively considering TD-LTE," he said. "Anyone that has deployed WiMax and wants to go to LTE would consider that ... a number of customers in Japan, Indonesia and even the U.S."

Separately, Singh-Morales said India was currently in public consultation with telecoms equipment makers over draft new rules designed to ease Delhi's concerns over network security. The equipment makers worry that the rules as first introduced would be difficult for them to implement, and are hoping to reach a middle ground with the government.

"There's a two-month consultation period, and then they will issue revised regulations," he said. "I'm confident we'll find a reasonable compromise."
Alcatel Lucent sees India, China 4G coming soon - Equipment\cn-c114 ¡ª C114 - China Communication Network

O dar ji is thread'ich ae news kee kardi peyi aa?

O dar ji is thread'ich ae news kee kardi peyi aa?

just provide u more info tat 4g will launches in india soon n u will get more speed
Bythe way BSNL wimax services is launched in punjab which gives a speed of 7.2mbps with RS 750 INR per month (unlimited )

lot of downloading going on a days.........................

BSNL IS THE BEST

Wohoo! My dad just spontaneously upgraded from 512 kbps to 8mbps!

Finally, decent internet!

Thank goodness!

It should be done in 'less than 48 hours', apparently. :D

My internet plan is unlimited air-tel plan..........and i test my internet speed through this site IP Details.com ,
My speed test results are :
upload speed:0.52 kbps
download speed:1.96 kbps
It has the best & accurate results for my internet speed test , internet service provider,location, country and and also provides the IP details .................

i I use ciycell Zoom ultra speed is very slow compare to other member 150 KB for monthly taka 317 with vat

Back
Top Bottom