What's new

Your Fav Anime!

We need @Manticore
Oh yes, how could I forget! I love the entire Fate Series. The timelines will F you up though.

Dude, I'm not that old, just close to middle age in fact.

I was introduced quite late (comparatively) to anime. Walked in on a YO watching anime during office hours. For a breach of discipline, I gave him a bit of a tough time and gave him a good piece of my mind for watching "cartoons" at his age. I did not raise the matter officially since I did not want to damage his career.
Any way, when he was being given his tea-out, he was asked to share his thoughts with the rest of the officers and he harkened back to this incident. He was thankful that I didn't take the matter to higher-ups, conceded that he deserved the treatment he got but said that he was upset that I called anime "cartoons" and challenged me to watch a series of his choice and then reserve my judgement. He left me with Death Note and I haven't stopped watching anime since. Never in office times though :p:

That being said though, I think watching anime at my age does affect my preferences a bit. I don't have the patience to watch watered down shonen anime like Fairytail and Bleach, trust me I've tried. I'm much happier watching short, crisp sub 50 episode ones (Gintama being an exception).
I also prefer animes with more somber themes rather than all that "friendship makes the world go round rabble of shonen animes".

I've watched Code Geass, one of my first few titles in fact. Its a truly wonderful series. I should probably re-watch it some time.

I'm afraid I will have to ban you for this transgression. o_O
Okay...Thanks... I just hope that I keep watching anime till my 40s.... Maybe all my life ....and currently I am not even in 20s...
I am in love with Code Geass...Have watched it repeatedly both subbed and dubbed.. I can give so many points in favor of it...and praise the plot all the time.The best thing was that season 2 was as good as season 1 if not better...

I do not hate the fact that people do not differentiate between cartoon and anime but I hate that they do not try to find the difference. Too bad for them, they do not know what they are missing in life and that anime is for adults not kids...

I stand by my statement on Gintama. Haan mein Baaghi hun!
page0001.gif

I just hope that I keep watching anime till my 40s

I'm early thirties, you just added another 3 points to your ban :angry::lol:

I do not hate the fact that people do not differentiate between cartoon and anime but I hate that they do not try to find the difference. Too bad for them, they do not know what they are missing in life and that anime is for adults not kids...

I agree, I'm quite glad that I took that guy's challenge. Gave me a wonderful new pass time.

probably my favorite would be code geass and daily lives of high school boys.

also i heard that code geass is going to have season 3 so very excited for it ..

I have not watched many cartoons. I have hardly watched cartoons when i was a kid i as PTV did not show much. We were watching "Ainak Wala Jin" and similar shows made for kids. But few years ago i watched this animated show by name of One Piece, and i was taken by surprise, it was as much enjoyable and mature as those adventure films of Hollywood. Its still airing but i have lost interest in it. My other favorite anime is "Batman the animated series", and an anime film in two parts "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (film) in which Batman is aged. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...(film)&usg=AFQjCNENBUxFFsIeZd-OKGjHapn6CbJaEQ

1) Dragon Ball Series: Childhood
dragonball-z-online-features.png

2) One Punch Man: More of a Parody, unique protagonist, comedy and action, recommended

3) Attack on Titan: brutal anime, a lot more serious, nice characters and good story
attack-on-titan-tribute-game-03-700x393.jpg

4) Berserk (mainly the 1997 anime): Great main character, great story

5) Death Note: Superb Stroy
deathnote-1280-1490294885083_1280w.jpg

I have not watched many cartoons. I have hardly watched cartoons when i was a kid i as PTV did not show much. We were watching "Ainak Wala Jin" and similar shows made for kids. But few years ago i watched this animated show by name of One Piece, and i was taken by surprise, it was as much enjoyable and mature as those adventure films of Hollywood. Its still airing but i have lost interest in it. My other favorite anime is "Batman the animated series", and an anime film in two parts "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (film) in which Batman is aged.
Watching animeand hollywood tv series is real enjoyment of life. House of Cards,House MD,Sherlock Holmes,Game of Thrones,Prison Break,Person of Interest etc are good to watch.
I will again mutinying here and say I could not come to like Breaking Bad. I am myself astonished.

Watching animeand hollywood tv series is real enjoyment of life. House of Cards,House MD,Sherlock Holmes,Game of Thrones,Prison Break,Person of Interest etc are good to watch.
I will again mutinying here and say I could not come to like Breaking Bad. I am myself astonished.
After watching Breaking bad, a standard is set in my mind and the other series now feel less enjoyable to me, i am surprised you did not like it. In your list, i have also watched Game of thrones and Prison break. Game of thrones is my next favorite show after breaking bad. I have a thing for history so i have also watched some series based on history like 'The Last kingdom', 'Vikings' and 'Tudors'. People have also recommended 'Dexter', 'Sparticus', 'Rome' and some other shows to me which i will watch in coming months, or years

Man.. no one watched Chinese anime :(

Here to promoted one of chinese anime

:china:

Seitokai Yakuindomo

To think the only other guy I ever found who liked Seitokai Yakuindomo was on PDF :pakistan:
I remenbered a quote from tokyo ghoul which fitted here and searched for 20 mins but all in vain.

Too lazy. Plus the animation, the art and motion of anime is also a major reason I enjoy it. Don't think it would be the same if it were just the story.
japanese language and accent is so cringey and embarassing :undecided:

After watching Breaking bad, a standard is set in my mind and the other series now feel less enjoyable to me, i am surprised you did not like it. In your list, i have also watched Game of thrones and Prison break. Game of thrones is my next favorite show after breaking bad. I have a thing for history so i have also watched some series based on history like 'The Last kingdom', 'Vikings' and 'Tudors'. People have also recommended 'Dexter', 'Sparticus', 'Rome' and some other shows to me which i will watch in coming months, or years
Spartacus is good:tup:

Man.. no one watched Chinese anime :(

Here to promoted one of chinese anime

:china:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33926/Quan_Zhi_Gao_Shou
I have already watched the released eng subbed episodes and mentioned it in previous posts in this thread.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33926/Quan_Zhi_Gao_Shou
A very good anime..The language and accent difference btw japanese and chinese can be difficult to adjust for many. but I am anxoius for the next episode.

I should also mention kingdom

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom