What's new

Younus ignored for England T20, ODI series

Pak123

Reaction score
LAHORE: Selectors Tuesday ignored former Pakistani captain Younus Khan for the limited over matches series against England despite lifting a ban this year on him playing for his country.

Mohsin Khan, chairman of the Cricket Board's selection committee, said Younus's name had not been cleared by the PCB despite an indefinite ban on him being overturned by an appellate tribunal in June.

"At the moment Younus's name was not cleared by the PCB chairman (Ijaz Butt), so he was not considered for selection," Khan told reporters while announcing the squad.

Younus, 32, has not been part of the Pakistan team since February after being sent to Australia for the one-day series.

He had withdrawn from the team for the preceding tour of New Zealand and Tests against Australia, citing personal reasons.

Soon after the Australia tour Younus and six other players were either banned or fined for indiscipline and infighting.

A one-man appellate tribunal lifted the ban on Younus but the PCB said he still had to resolve some legal matters before he could be cleared to play for Pakistan.

Pakistan are currently playing a four-match Test series against England, with the final Test starting at Lord's from Thursday.

After the Tests, they play back-to-back Twenty20 matches at Cardiff, on September 5 and 7 before their five-match one-day series starts at Chester-le-Street three days later.

Among the Test squad, Shoaib Malik, Imran Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Umar Amin and Tanveer Ahmed will return to Pakistan and their places will be taken by Shahzaib Hasan, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Akhtar and Fawad Alam.

Injury-prone paceman Akhtar, 35, was part of Pakistan team which featured in the Asia Cup in Sri Lanka last month but was not selected for Tests due to
lack of fitness.

Another paceman Umar Gul, ruled out of the final two Tests against England
due to injury, was passed fit to play in the limited over series.

All-rounder Shahid Afridi retained captaincy after he resigned from Test cricket following Pakistan's defeat against Australia in the Lord's Test last month.

Afridi said the series against England will give him a chance to reassess the players before the 2011 World Cup.

"The next World Cup is just six months away, so we have to keep a pool of 20-22 players and series against England will give us a good chance to prepare for the World Cup," said Afridi.

Squad: Shahid Afridi (capt), Salman Butt, Shahzaib Hasan, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Yousuf, Azhar Ali, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal, Fawad Alam, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamir, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Akhtar and Wahab Riaz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a shame this board has been so far ???:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

I am glad at least one more crap player is out of the squad. I am referring to Shoaib Malik. Younis Khan is also not that great in ODI, actually inferior to Malik.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Salman Butt
Kamran Akmal
Azhar Ali
Mohammad Yousuf
Fawad Alam
Umar Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Umar Gul
Mohammed Aamer
Shoaib Akthar
Saeed Ajmal

This is the team i would play.

come on PCB.....Fawad Alam selected again??? for doign what? what hs he done ever since he came in.....man this guy must have a huge parchi like farhat and malik....even shoaib malik is better than Alam.....and younis khan not included????jusy because of chairman's ego.......the player who led us to world cup victory in T20 is not included......:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I am glad at least one more crap player is out of the squad. I am referring to Shoaib Malik. Younis Khan is also not that great in ODI, actually inferior to Malik.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Salman Butt
Kamran Akmal
Azhar Ali
Mohammad Yousuf
Fawad Alam
Umar Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Umar Gul
Mohammed Aamer
Shoaib Akthar
Saeed Ajmal

This is the team i would play.

Why would you pick Alam????

Why Yasir Hameed was given only one match?
Why not like Umar Amin or Azhar Ali?

He could have tried for one or two ODIs if not Tests

come on PCB.....Fawad Alam selected again??? for doign what? what hs he done ever since he came in.....man this guy must have a huge parchi like farhat and malik....even shoaib malik is better than Alam.....and younis khan not included????jusy because of chairman's ego.......the player who led us to world cup victory in T20 is not included......:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Why would you pick Alam????

Fawad has the best average than any batsmen in Pakistan. Even better than Miandad, and other legends. This guy has never been tried up the order. He was always given a chance at 6 or 7 position forcing him to hit the ball out of the park. He is simply no Umar Akmal or Abdul Razzaq to do such a job. His job is the make runs with the strike rate of 100 and dont lose wicket as much as possible making a way for Razzaq, Afridi, and Umar Akmal to go for the kill.

Fawad has the best average than any batsmen in Pakistan. Even better than Miandad, and other legends. This guy has never been tried up the order. He was always given a chance at 6 or 7 position forcing him to hit the ball out of the park. He is simply no Umar Akmal or Abdul Razzaq to do such a job. His job is the make runs with the strike rate of 100 and dont lose wicket as much as possible making a way for Razzaq, Afridi, and Umar Akmal to go for the kill.

Agreed, with the exception of strike rate. He is a guy who wants to stay on the crease and play like a calm batsmen. I would be surprised if he can maintain his strike above 80. Yeah we need him in ODIs and espacially tests...... unfortunately we are asking him to play T-20 instead

He can be a good T-20 player too once he got enough power in his hands to sail the ball over the boundary line for SIX!!! :)

(on consistent basis and not one or two sixes only)

zaki for GOD sake we dont want to see crap amin even in A team please dont mention his name he do not deserve to play in gali team i want to slap that stupid if he comes infront of me thank to ALLAh they did not brought craps again rest is fine akhtar is also good addition if they have selected YK for ODI would have been better but im glad they do not selected craps again im sure england dont have any answer to these players Imran Nazir also can be good addition in T 20 ahead of Shahzaib hassan who got two ducks against Australia if he fails again please give chance to Imran NAzir atleast he give you start out of 5 game in 2 games

zaki for GOD sake we dont want to see crap amin even in A team please dont mention his name he do not deserve to play in gali team i want to slap that stupid if he comes infront of me thank to ALLAh they did not brought craps again rest is fine akhtar is also good addition if they have selected YK for ODI would have been better but im glad they do not selected craps again im sure england dont have any answer to these players Imran Nazir also can be good addition in T 20 ahead of Shahzaib hassan who got two ducks against Australia if he fails again please give chance to Imran NAzir atleast he give you start out of 5 game in 2 games

i didn't mention umar amin's name. I was talking about Yasir Hameed that he should have been given a proper chance like we gave to Umar Amin and Azhar Ali. If they couldn't find a place in test squad, try in ODIs instead....... but they dropped him once again :frown:

you didn't understand me......... i m talking about Yasir Hameed and giving an example of Amin

Imran Nazir also can be good addition in T 20 ahead of Shahzaib hassan who got two ducks against Australia if he fails again please give chance to Imran NAzir atleast he give you start out of 5 game in 2 games

Naa, Shahzaib Hassan has a talent. I would like to give him more chances....... Nazir is good for county cricket but failed to perform at International Level. Both Shahzaib Hassan and Nasir Jamshed should be tried and tested out in ODIs and T-20 format. I think Jamshed can be a good test batsmen too............ depending upon his performance in other respectable formats first......... my opinion only

Why Yasir Hameed was given only one match?
Why not like Umar Amin or Azhar Ali?

He could have tried for one or two ODIs if not Tests

what is that than why not umer amin who is this than

i didn't mention umar amin's name. I was talking about Yasir Hameed that he should have been given a proper chance like we gave to Umar Amin and Azhar Ali. If they couldn't find a place in test squad, try in ODIs instead....... but they dropped him once again :frown:

you didn't understand me......... i m talking about Yasir Hameed and giving an example of Amin

in my opinion he has got enough of chances full tour of india full tour of west indies full tour of bangladesh only in bangla tour he scored and anyone can but he dont have technique ot coop with other remember he was bunny to anil kumble keep getting out LBW in alll innigs he did not deserve to play with that many chances and yes last time against england we also seen his shot selection half pull half cut which went for six behind the bowler but not all time luck favours him and no top order batsman if he is good enough can do it it means he is not good enough his technique is faulty but azhar ali can be good future prospec he should be given long run he should give long run in the team fawad faulty technique big contander for LBW

I would have included Asad Shafiqe in the squad to just match up and see how Azhar and Asad can compete.

I also support this view...Asad shafique is performing very well in domestic cricket.he should have been given chance to play in english conditions.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom