What's new

Younis Khan receives presidential award

fawwaxs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Former Pakistan cricket captain Younis Khan and Twenty20 captain Shahid Afridi received presidential performance awards on Tuesday, less than two weeks after the former was handed an indefinite ban from all forms of the game while the latter was fined three million rupees and placed on six months probation after being found guilty of ball-tampering on the recent tour of Australia.

Younis, 32, was banned by the Pakistan Cricket Board after a committee ruled that infighting between him and another former captain, Mohammad Yousuf, contributed to a series of embarrassing defeats.

But on Tuesday, Younis was handed the presidential pride of performance award for leading Pakistan to victory at the World Twenty20 in England in June.

“I feel proud about this award and thank Pakistan’s government for bestowing this award on me. I have always felt proud of being a Pakistani and will do my utmost to serve my country,” Younis told AFP.

“At this point I don’t want to speak about the penalties but I am in consultation and will lodge an appeal,” he added.

The PCB imposed a number of penalties against top players on March 10 after an inquiry into the team’s dismal performance on the December-February tour of Australia, where they lost all three Tests, five one-day and a Twenty20 match.

Although the length and exact conditions of the bans on Younis and Yousuf were not fully explained, the pair were also excluded from the list of central contracts announced last week, further raising questions over their futures.

The banned players have 30 days to appeal against the sanctions.

The other sportsmen bestowed the award were Zakauddin (Hockey), Lal Saeed (Boxing) and Atta Muhammad Kakar (Sports promotion).

welll i hope that now president look into this matter as welll after geting award i think it is clear that ban was wrong on younis

Clearly either of the two was wrong - the ban or the presidential award!

Clearly either of the two was wrong - the ban or the presidential award!

Ban was result of same dirty politics within PCB.

The awar is given to those who have done something good for the country. out of 100% few awards are given on the basis of politics :)

But Younas Khan has never been linked to PPP neither any such political affiliation hence seems Zardari office liked his cricket.

The funny thing is that one person is banned for indefinite period and the second player is heavily fined + put on probationary period for 6 months :lol: and Mr President giving him Presidential awards?

Hey where did Mr Y Khan performed after last year's T20 World Cup? or 300+ runs in the test match against Sri Lanka?

Award for younis khan :rofl:oh u gota get serious i mean wat is this world comeing thru..

This man literally destroyed the system of our cricket team the ban should remain on this over rated idiot. :rolleyes:

Award for younis khan :rofl:oh u gota get serious i mean wat is this world comeing thru..

This man literally destroyed the system of our cricket team the ban should remain on this over rated idiot. :rolleyes:

huh how exactly he destroyed our cricket team? It was Malik and Yawer Saeed who destroyed the team.

huh how exactly he destroyed our cricket team? It was Malik and Yawer Saeed who destroyed the team.

OKey he is an idiot who think he can become imran khan by showing some cheep attitude his performance is lower then a c class cricketer...

Younis n Mohammad yousuf suffer from internal nervous breakdowns of seniority that players have to respect us just beacuse we are seniors... kiss my bump... if u bring seniority between n try to be a jerk no1 will respact u anywhere not only in cricket . YOU respect your juniors 1st so they give u all the respect back.

Wat is malik saeed who r the by the way ??

I don't get it - typical PCB
Now Younus Khan will start his 'nakhray' once again

Back
Top Bottom