What's new

Young defender: Public demands Nishaan-e-Haider for Aitizaz

I have no words to describe bravery of this young Pakistani. It makes me proud that such fearlessness still exists in my countrymen.

I have no complaints with the anti-Pakistani JI, their leaders were probably disappointed that beloved Taliban failed to achieve their nefarious objective. I am sure that Munawwar Hasan considers Taliban bomber shaheed and Aitezaz as simply killed.

I am however deeply disappointed by the cowardly PTI ministers who were too scared even to offer condolence to the family of a genuine hero.

God, how many brave sons of this land are going to have to sacrifice their lives to fight these tyrants. Big, big salute to this brave child and Ch. Aslam shaheed. Both deserve the highest bravery awards. Their stories should be told in the early education course books.

Also Pakistan gov't, at this point, should build a monument for it's soldiers, policemen and civilians who have fought against these tyrants and gave their lives. There names should be written on the monument wall for all to see. Their names should be remembered in history.

Pakistan to name school, stadium after teenage 'bomb hero'
AFP
Published 2014-01-13 13:34:57
PESHAWAR: A Pakistani schoolboy who sacrificed his own life to save hundreds of his classmates by tackling a suicide bomber will have his school and a stadium named after him, officials said Monday.

Aitezaz Hassan, a 15-year-old, from the mainly Shia Ibrahimzai village in northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province became a national hero after intercepting the bomber before he was able to enter Hassan's school last week.

The teen died in hospital after the bomber blew himself up some 150 metres (490 feet) from the main gate of the school of 1,000 students, though no one else was wounded or killed in the incident.

Amjad Afridi, a senior adviser to the provincial government, told AFP: “We have decided to name Aitezaz Hassan's school after him. We will also construct a sports stadium in Hangu and will name it after Hassan.”

Afridi, who along with another senior official went to pay their personal respects to the family of Hassan, added the provincial government would also donate five million rupees (US$47,000) to the bereaved parents.

The award comes after the office of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif last week said it would seek “to approve the conferment of a top national bravery award Sitara-e-Shujjat (star of bravery)” on the teen.

Hassan's act of bravery, which prevented the bomber from striking the morning school assembly, has received an outpouring of tributes from across Pakistan.

Newspapers, TV channels and blogs have demanded that he be commemorated.

Pakistani schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai, who survived being shot in the head by the Taliban for championing girls' right to education, also paid tribute to the teenager last week, describing him as “brave and courageous”.

Back
Top Bottom