syedali73

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The case of Reham Khan's 'fake' journalism degree

7-15-2015_55630_1.jpeg

http://jang.com.pk/jang/jul2015-daily/15-07-2015/updates/7-15-2015_55630_1.gif

A British newspaper on Wednesday called into question the educational qualifications of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman’s wife Reham Khan.

Reham kicked off her career at the BBC after studying a postgraduate course ‘in Broadcast Journalism at North Lindsay [sic] College’, in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, according to her own official website.

Reham’s personal website states that she became a reporter on the BBC regional show South Today after starting a postgraduate course ‘in Broadcast Journalism at North Lindsay [sic] College’. However, according to officials at North Lindsey, it has never offered such a course.

“Reham Khan has not been truthful about her qualification,” said the British newspaper that first disclosed the news of her marriage with the PTI chief.

Further, the college reportedly denied enrolling any student by the name ‘Reham Khan’.

‘We do not have anyone by those names or date of birth having attended this college,’ said a spokesperson for the college and added: ‘We have never done a degree in broadcast journalism.’

PTI leader Nazia Rabbani however out rightly denied the media reports and said Reham will herself clarify this issue.

Meanwhile, Muhammad Asif aka DJ Butt, the famour DJ known for dominating the music scene at the PTI sit-in in Islamabad last year, said a false propaganda was being waged against Reham Khan.

The PTI chief’s new wife who hails from the Hazara Division is currently employed as an anchor for a private television channel in Pakistan.

However, this is not the first marriage for the newlywed Reham. She was previously married to her first cousin Ejazur Rehman when she was just 19 years old. Her cousin and former husband was 33 at the time.
Her first marriage ended five years ago after the couple developed differences over Reham’s job at the BBC, according to her family. Like Imran, Reham also has children from her previous marriage – three – all of whom live with their father in England.

However, the honeymoon period for newly weds Imran and Reham didn’t last too long. While the PTI chief was dealing with protesting parents at Peshawar’s Army Public School, Reham embroiled herself in a bitter war of words with her former husband psychiatrist Dr Ijaz Rehman over claims of domestic violence.

Imran’s new wife, Reham, 41, said she had been a victim of domestic violence during her marriage to the 54-year-old psychiatrist with whom she has three children, Daily Mail reported.

However, talking exclusively to The Express Tribune, Rehman rubbished Reham’s claims point by point.
Read: Reham’s ex-husband responds to domestic abuse allegations.

Of late, Reham has teamed up with Imran Raza Kazmi to produce Jaanan, a romantic-comedy about a Pashtun family, slated to release on Eidul Fitr next year.

Reham says she’s open to working with new talent, bringing out the best her country has to offer. On working with Kazmi, she states, “It gives me even more courage to stand tall and not allow any negativity to be a hindrance in way of what I want to achieve.”

The case of Reham Khan's 'fake' journalism degree - The Express Tribune

My comments: Her own webpage reads as follows:

Capture.JPG

That suggests that at one point she started out with a degree course at North Lindsey College but perhaps never completed it for she managed to secure a permanent position at LegalTV.

@Jazzbot

Last edited:
:lol: If true, it will make BBC look real stupid :lol:

:P :P hum nay to idhar original journalism ki degree lay k jhaak he marrri ha. Replica lay letay to BBC hee join kar letay kam az kam.

:D am thinking to exchange my original journalism degree with REPLICA one so BBC could consider me for a job.

BTW Reham Khan has termed the allegations baseless and a propaganda . Lets see who is wrong

What will it make PTI and Imran khan look like?
Well i don't know about that really, frankly, i don't think it will make them look any different. It is not that IK promised to get a jurno wife and have tried to cheat the people by courting a fake one!! :lol: BUt God knows noonies will find a way here :rofl:

So if you take about common sense, that must not have any thing to do with PTI or IK but where should you get common sense when talking with political extremists, either they are noonies, the jayalas or PTI blind followers. Our people are so blinded by there support of any party, they behave so arrogantly they FAIL to realize what they are saying is right or wrong and what implication it will have for the country, which actually is what i suppose that matters and the reason you support any particular party. But people blinded by hatred for other party more then love for there own just overlook this simple fact and keep bashing everything and anything no matter how irrelevant or stupid it is.

I expect nothing but a similar waste of energy on this thread as well so i think am better of leaving it now.. :)

jasey ko tesa
See :rofl:

What will it make PTI and Imran khan look like?

Why? She's the wife of IK, he didn't marry her because of her qualification, this is not a job where she'll get fired if her degree turns out to be a fake one. Also she doesn't hold any public portfolio and isn't participating in elections so no worries for IK / PTI..

On topic, lets wait and see Reham's response on this.

:P :P hum nay to idhar original journalism ki degree lay k jhaak he marrri ha. Replica lay letay to BBC hee join kar letay kam az kam.

:D am thinking to exchange my original journalism degree with REPLICA one so BBC could consider me for a job.

BTW Reham Khan has termed the allegations baseless and a propaganda . Lets see who is wrong

You seriously think ANYONE will wait for things to clear up? The thread title may well be changed to " Let the Troll war begins" :lol:
My advise to you,,, RUN, RUN RUN!!
:)

That suggests that at one point she started out with a degree course at North Lindsey College but perhaps never completed it for she managed to secure a permanent position at LegalTV.

@Jazzbot

She's saying on twitter that she is releasing all her credentials and documents in a couple of hours.

Why? She's the wife of IK, he didn't marry her because of her qualification, this is not a job where she'll get fired if her degree turns out to be a fake one. Also she doesn't hold any public portfolio and isn't participating in elections so no worries for IK / PTI..

On topic, lets wait and see Reham's response on this.
So you think it won't make a difference if Imran khan has a cheater for a wife? Remember a few days ago he stated that there's no harm if she wants to get into politics. If she has no portfolio why does she visit places like hospitals etc with protocol? This is going to create a huge impact on PTI's politics if true. They won't be able to confront anyone.

These noonies never disappoint.. :rofl:

So you think it won't make a difference if Imran khan has a cheater for a wife? Remeber a few days ago he stated that there's no harm if she wants to get into politics. If she has no portfolio why does she visit places like hospitals etc with protocol? This is going to create a huge impact on PTI's politics if true. They won't be able to confront anyone.

Yes this is going to create huge inpact on PTI's politics. PTI is definitely going to loose at least 30 - 40 confirmed seats in next elections, just because Reham Khan has fake degree.. :lol:

Yes this is going to create huge inpact on PTI's politics. PTI is definitely going to loose at least 30 - 40 confirmed seats in next elections, just because Reham Khan has fake degree.. :lol:
Well if you keep your political bias aside and read you own statement again you may realise how serious it is.

My comments: Her own webpage reads as follows:

View attachment 237667

@Jazzbot

Early ON:
College name is recently changed to Grimsby Institute (Tabdeeli Aa Gye hay, at least on Reham's web page)
So the news is True
Imran, what say you?

These noonies never disappoint.. :rofl:

I am pretty confident that Reham will come out clean from this. However, if not (0.01% chances), it will be a blow to IK/PTI. It wont be wise to downplay the resulting ripples.

That is pretty pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom