What's new

Yes, there was rigging against PML-N also. After PTI, PPP also found rigging election

WishLivePak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Recounting in NA-215: Election tribunal declares PML-N’s Ghous Ali Shah successful – The Express Tribune

PPP had won from this seat. After recount, PML was declared winner.

Note: There were witnesses and solid evidence, no "open ballots, i no evidence"

It's worth mentioning that PTI mna had won from NA-19. But after repolling, PML candidate won it. PTI loses NA-19 seat to PML-N

Oh and before all the potians come in and start screaming, yes PML also did rigging. But this does not mean we need new elections, specially when ECP is quite dysfunctional with the 4 provincial members in ECP and also there is no progress on overseas and e-voting.

Last edited:
Recounting in NA-215: Election tribunal declares PML-N’s Ghous Ali Shah successful – The Express Tribune

It's worth mentioning that PTI mna had won from NA-19. But after repolling, PML candidate won it. PTI loses NA-19 seat to PML-N

Imran Khan also presented evidence in the form of fifteen witnesses in his recent appearance in court. Why do you accept witnesses as evidence here and not in Imran Khan's case?

Imran Khan also presented evidence in the form of fifteen witnesses in his recent appearance in court. Why do you accept witnesses as evidence here and not in Imran Khan's case?
*credible witnesses*

Did you hear Imran saying "sir jee, i was hurt, i don't remember anything. all i know is I was told by falana dimkana that rigging took placed."

Are you saying Imran's fifteen witnesses were not credible (all of them)? If so, why?
And do you think that the witnesses in the PMLN case were credible? If so, why?
The court will tell you why.

Oh and before all the potians come in and start screaming, yes PML also did rigging. But this does not mean we need new elections, specially when ECP is quite dysfunctional with the 4 provincial members in ECP and also there is no progress on overseas and e-voting.

You agree that ECP is dysfunctional? Good! That is why we should open the ballot bags to see what a mess they made!

If you admit PMLN did rigging, then it is reasonable to investigate the extent of the rigging. Imran Khan is right to demand this. There is no basis for rejecting his demand.

The court will tell you why.

But you are the one expressing your opinion.
So you need to explain why you think Imran didn't have credible witnesses, and why you think PMLN did have credible witnesses.

You agree that ECP is dysfunctional? Good! That is why we should open the ballot bags to see what a mess they made!

If you admit PMLN did rigging, then it is reasonable to investigate the extent of the rigging. Imran Khan is right to demand this. There is no basis for rejecting his demand.

But you are the one expressing your opinion.
So you need to explain why you think Imran didn't have credible witnesses, and why you think PMLN did have credible witnesses.
ECP is dysfunctional to hold the next election. It cannot face such a mammoth task. It is functional to settle small claims. The new guy just joined the office and it still needs to get rid of the 4 faces of provinces.

I admit PML did rigging. Can you admit PTI did rigging?

Oh and gov't accepted 5 demands of Imran, but he wanted Nawaz to resign. Which is why the deal fell apart.

Finally, I'm not the judge. I can disagree or agree, but my opinion doesn't change the verdict. But this doesn't mean I can tell my opinion, which is, PML had credible witnesses and evidence enough to have recount. It is yet to be seen what PTI brings, but so far, it looks like imran evidence is not as strong as the former.

ECP is dysfunctional to hold the next election. It cannot face such a mammoth task. It is functional to settle small claims. The new guy just joined the office and it still needs to get rid of the 4 faces of provinces.

Oh and gov't accepted 5 demands of Imran, but he wanted Nawaz to resign. Which is why the deal fell apart.

Finally, I'm not the judge. I can disagree or agree, but my opinion doesn't change the verdict.

Just because the ECP is dysfunctional to gold the next election, doesn't mean we can't investigate the extent of the rigging. That will motivate reforms of the ECP, which both Dr. Qadri and Khan Sahib have been advocating.

If PTI engaged in rigging, I have no problem admitting that. Imran Khan has repeatedly said that he has no problems with opening up his seats for re-examination. The article you quoted about NA-19 just shows PTI is willing to go through the audit process for their own victories. PMLN should be willing to do the same.

Finally, I'm not the judge. I can disagree or agree, but my opinion doesn't change the verdict. But this doesn't mean I can tell my opinion, which is, PML had credible witnesses and evidence enough to have recount. It is yet to be seen what PTI brings, but so far, it looks like imran evidence is not as strong as the former.

So what is your basis for saying that Imran's evidence is not as strong as the former? Especially when you said "it is yet to be seen what PTI brings"?

Just because the ECP is dysfunctional to gold the next election, doesn't mean we can't investigate the extent of the rigging. That will motivate reforms of the ECP, which both Dr. Qadri and Khan Sahib have been advocating.

If PTI engaged in rigging, I have no problem admitting that. Imran Khan has repeatedly said that he has no problems with opening up his seats for re-examination. The article you quoted about NA-19 just shows PTI is willing to go through the audit process for their own victories. PMLN should be willing to do the same.
PML members have also been deseated and far more than other parties.

Gov't agreed to investigate rigging, but Imran kept asking for his 6th demand, which was resignation of Nawaz.

We already know what went wrong in rigging, we need to now make sure it doesn't happen. Which means, working on e-voting. Because when elections come near by, ECP will say "we don't have enough time to do this and that." They need to work for better elections for next time before figuring out in *details* what went wrong. Once they're satisfied with next elections progress, then by all means, go dig history and see what other improvements can be made. But let's not go into history for the next 2 years and when we have an entire list of improvements needed to be made, it's too late to implement, which means another 5 years of rigged gov't.

So what is your basis for saying that Imran's evidence is not as strong as the former? Especially when you said "it is yet to be seen what PTI brings"?
I doubt the former said "i have no proof, it's all the ballots. and i can't recall my memory, i was injured"

PML members have also been deseated and far more than other parties.

Gov't agreed to investigate rigging, but Imran kept asking for his 6th demand, which was resignation of Nawaz.

You don't get what's going on. Any investigation process influenced by Nawaz himself is useless. Imran has all along been asking for an impartial investigation process independent of Nawaz' agenda. That's where Nawaz is unable to deliver.

Imran asked for the resignation of Nawaz because he thought Nawaz would still be able to influence the investigation process when he is in power.
When Nawaz wouldn't resign, Imran wants an investigation team staffed by people from the ISI and MI who aren't obviously influenced by Nawaz. Nawaz won't do this either.

Imran has been consistently asking for an impartial investigation, and Nawaz has been consistently dodging and evading this very reasonable request.

Back
Top Bottom