What's new

Yemen - ancient Arabia (Arabia Felix)

I also googled the landscape of Iraq/Syria/Jordan/Lebanon/Palestine, and i just find out that the landscape of both Northern and Southern Arabia are quite diversified.

I also googled the landscape of Iraq/Syria/Jordan/Lebanon/Palestine, and i just find out that the landscape of both Northern and Southern Arabia are quite diversified.

It is indeed. The whole Arabian Peninsula is like a continent on it's own with an amazing diversity and different climates depending on the region.

2204740576_f6da05722d_b.jpg

4175642849_c40568a65b_b.jpg

2310765552_09efcd756d_b.jpg

A certain people on this forum (Iranians) greatly insulted Yemenis and made fun of people like me who is half Yemeni and 150 million Arabs/people who trace their ancestry to Yemen from Morocco in the West to Indonesia in the East.

So I decided now as an answer to post pictures of completely ordinary Yemenis who are not a rich but very ancient, proud and friendly people as many persons confess to in real life and even on this forum.

Yemeni shepherd girl by Khalid Alkainaey خالد الكينعي, on Flickr

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jibla, Yemen by yeowatzup, on Flickr

Yemen by michel.tahar, on Flickr

Yemen, Girls from Manakha by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Beautiful yemeni girl in traditional clothes by Ali AL-Tha'alabi, on Flickr

Yemenia Happy little girl by Khalid Alkainaey خالد الكينعي, on Flickr

yemenigirl by TravelAdventures, on Flickr

damn it looks so beautiful. Is it safe to visit? I mean despite the recent struggles its been going through? i'd love to see yemen now

damn it looks so beautiful. Is it safe to visit? I mean despite the recent struggles its been going through? i'd love to see yemen now

You can easily travel alone without any major problems as long as you take your precautions. Avoid the most unstable Houthi areas in times of conflict, the more or less lawless tribal areas/Al-Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula areas and then you will be very save. Sana'a is a very save city overall like the vast majority of Yemen. Even the areas that have conflict are not that dangerous anyway.

All the conflicts are all small-scale conflicts but it all contributes to causing instability. Yemen is a very difficult place to control due to all the different wild landscapes.

You will well very much welcomed since Yemenis treat foreigners really good. You should consult foreigners who travelled to Yemen and they will tell you this as well. People will be curious about you, ask you questions, invite you to eat at their place etc. Yemenis are very direct/ongoing people. Temperamental as well. All in a good way.

Al Hajara by Zalacain, on Flickr

ibb - Yemen by abbas mteirek, on Flickr

Yemen, Al-Hoteib by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Yemen by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Yemen, Bugshan by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Yemen, Al-Mahweet by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Seiyun - small city? by LLOYDå°‘, on Flickr

the-capital-of-yemen-view-on-the-old-city-from-roof-1600x1070 by sultanalfajr, on Flickr

Thanks for the info. I thought Morocco was beautiful and ancient. But Yemen looks more epic and ancient imo lol. Will be visiting both places end of this year InshAllah.

You are very much welcome. Yemen has a much older civilization and much better kept heritage and unique architecture but Morocco is also very beautiful. But once again it depends on the taste. Most "admirers" of the Arab World/Orient/Middle East have always been very fond of Yemen and it's unique architecture, culture, heritage etc. Yemen has always been known as the happy/beautiful land in other cultures. The Romans called it Arabia Felix (Happy Arabia).

Village entre Hodeida et Mahwit by ~kikou~, on Flickr

traditional yemeni house in al hajjarah, mountain haraz, yemen by anthony pappone photographer, on Flickr

2upcwfq.jpg

Yemen, Socotra by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Shibam by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Socotra by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Blessed with Life by Abdulellah, on Flickr

Untitled by أبو مالك, on Flickr

A certain people on this forum (Iranians) greatly insulted Yemenis and made fun of people like me who is half Yemeni and 150 million Arabs/people who trace their ancestry to Yemen from Morocco in the West to Indonesia in the East.

So I decided now as an answer to post pictures of completely ordinary Yemenis who are not a rich but very ancient, proud and friendly people as many persons confess to in real life and even on this forum.

Yemeni shepherd girl by Khalid Alkainaey خالد الكينعي, on Flickr

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jibla, Yemen by yeowatzup, on Flickr

Yemen by michel.tahar, on Flickr

Yemen, Girls from Manakha by Hoops&Yooyo, on Flickr

Beautiful yemeni girl in traditional clothes by Ali AL-Tha'alabi, on Flickr

Yemenia Happy little girl by Khalid Alkainaey خالد الكينعي, on Flickr

yemenigirl by TravelAdventures, on Flickr
check your first comment in PDF.it was you who began your activity here with insulting Iranians and Shias.while you can see my posts showing love to Arabs.

anyway check this please.you are wellcome to visit my country.definitely your image of Iran and Iranians will be changed then.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/183765-paradise-called-iran-43.html

check your first comment in PDF.it was you who began your activity here with insulting Iranians and Shias.while you can see my posts showing love to Arabs.

anyway check this please.you are wellcome to visit my country.definitely your image of Iran and Iranians will be changed then.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence/183765-paradise-called-iran-43.html

Whatevery you say. Don't pollute this thread with off-topic talk about a country that has no place in this thread. Maybe you will get a ban like 4 of your Iranian troll friends yesterday. If you reply you will be reported for off-topic talk in this thread.

Socotra by red_ink, on Flickr

Socotra by dianadrz, on Flickr

Socotra by dianadrz, on Flickr

Socotra by twiga_swala, on Flickr

Socotra by ciccilla priscilla (Anna Vilardi), on Flickr

Socotra by twiga_swala, on Flickr

Socotra, Yemen by red_ink, on Flickr

Socotra Dragon blood tree by Hannes Rada, on Flickr

Can any moderator delete off-topic post?

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom