What's new

Yellowstone National Park - A place you can commit a murder and not get prosecuted

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
China
Was talking about legal loophole with my wife the other day, and she mentioned something I don't even know about. The Yellowstone Zone of Death

Which is a place where technically you can commit any crime that required a jury trial and be technically get away for free. Due to a loophole in the US Constitution 6th Amendment. Here is a video from Vox that explained the issue pretty well.

The amazing thing is, Congress to this day still have not correct the issue, this zone still exist......They probably are waiting on case zero.

Was talking about legal loophole with my wife the other day, and she mentioned something I don't even know about. The Yellowstone Zone of Death

Which is a place where technically you can commit any crime that required a jury trial and be technically get away for free. Due to a loophole in the US Constitution 6th Amendment. Here is a video from Vox that explained the issue pretty well.

The amazing thing is, Congress to this day still have not correct the issue, this zone still exist......They probably are waiting on case zero.
Well, now we know where to hold the annual PDF global meet together.

A guy from Hong Kong can kill someone in Taiwan return to Hong Kong and not get prosecuted as well.

You can also kill someone in Europe return to a country with Capital punishment and not get prosecuted too.

A guy from Hong Kong can kill someone in Taiwan return to Hong Kong and not get prosecuted as well.

That's different, Taiwan wanted to prosecute him. That's extradition issue, not prosecutional issue.

You can also kill someone in Europe return to a country with Capital punishment and not get prosecuted too.

Pretty sure it's the other way around

No they had a train station between Wyoming and Montana :D.
LOL

I have to admit, I have not ever watched Yellowstone, I should but I had never, it was on my playlist, but I am still going thru it.

LOL

I have to admit, I have not ever watched Yellowstone, I should but I had never, it was on my playlist, but I am still going thru it.

Forget the series, go to the actual park if you haven't been already. Utterly spectacular!

That's different, Taiwan wanted to prosecute him. That's extradition issue, not prosecutional issue.

Pretty sure it's the other way around
EU bans providing evidences to any country with Capital punishment.

Quote:
But as more facts emerge, the case appears to center on another political difference between Europe and China: capital punishment, which China frequently employs but which European Union members have abolished.

In fact, EU opposition to the death penalty includes restrictions on providing evidence to other countries in cases where the accused could face execution.

Since Hungary didn’t hand over evidence in the stabbing death of 21-year-old Pernille Marie Thronsen, whose body was found in a Budapest youth hostel, Chinese authorities said they had no grounds to continue holding Zhao Fei, who had flown home to China shortly after the killing.

“This is a unique case,” said Tang Hongxin, a Beijing criminal defense attorney. “Although he turned himself into police and might have confessed, the police cannot charge him without supporting evidence.”

Last edited:
EU bans providing evidences to any country with Capital punishment.

Quote:
But as more facts emerge, the case appears to center on another political difference between Europe and China: capital punishment, which China frequently employs but which European Union members have abolished.

In fact, EU opposition to the death penalty includes restrictions on providing evidence to other countries in cases where the accused could face execution.

Since Hungary didn’t hand over evidence in the stabbing death of 21-year-old Pernille Marie Thronsen, whose body was found in a Budapest youth hostel, Chinese authorities said they had no grounds to continue holding Zhao Fei, who had flown home to China shortly after the killing.

“This is a unique case,” said Tang Hongxin, a Beijing criminal defense attorney. “Although he turned himself into police and might have confessed, the police cannot charge him without supporting evidence.”
As I said, you have it the other way around

This is what you said

EU law refused to provide evident to help prosecute someone who committed a capital punishable crime outside EU (EU do not have Capital Punishment as a whole) So say a Chinese committed a murder in China and then fled to Europe, EU will not provide any evidence, such as if the subject confesses to the crime to China in order to prosecute him. Read the Red highlighted part.

If you committed a crime in EU, they would keep prosecute you even if you fled to China, and they will provide evidence to Chinese authority in order to capture you, because what China will do is to extradite you back to Europe to face charge, China won't charge you with Murder if the crime is committed in Europe.

Hence you have that the other way around. And it makes no sense....

Back
Top Bottom