What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

oki but 140Mil$ for a Y-20 is not that cheap. a C-17 with all his advantages is around 200Mil$. Well at least it's an avalable alternative for countries who do not have C-17 alike planes.

The flay away cost is just estimate, and yes quite costly especially in the early stage. I have no idea how it will be priced in $ cos I don't see it exporting anytime soon. Note even more experienced Boeing reaches peak production rate almost a decade down the road, see below data. So I guess it will take some years for XAC to reach max capacity (estimate 16-20 per year), satisfy PLAAF order, they can't cater for any overseas orders in the short run.

fqwhf.png

The flay away cost is just estimate, and yes quite costly especially in the early stage. I have no idea how it will be priced in $ cos I don't see it exporting anytime soon. Note even more experienced Boeing reaches peak production rate almost a decade down the road, see below data. So I guess it will take some years for XAC to reach max capacity (estimate 16-20 per year), satisfy PLAAF order, they can't cater for any overseas orders in the short run.

View attachment 371536

Well partial Y-20 production line could be exported to clients with high needs. with maybe some transfer of tech, that way you can boost up the production. well that's speculation for maybe in the coming decade or so.

Well partial Y-20 production line could be exported to clients with high needs. with maybe some transfer of tech, that way you can boost up the production. well that's speculation for maybe in the coming decade or so.

Yes you are right on that, it's totally feasible if situation deems necessary.

Xian Y-20 Strategic Airlifter.
Preparing to Install WS-20 Engine for Test? @cirr @Deino @Shotgunner51
View attachment 374720

Credit to : @Oedosoldier

Prepared for next model

And what's that next model ?? Next model of WS-20 for the next model of Y-20 ??? ... or even a different engine for another type?

I hope it is just what I suggested in my latest report: the removal of the WS-20 since it is done and ready. And now they will install the next new engine; hopefully the WS-15 !

Or will they only change it for maintenance ???

Chief design engineer of Y20, Tang Chang Hong who is attending the current 5th session of the 12th National People's Congress told press that Y20 equiped with domestic engines will appear next year or year after.

He also said Y20 has entered service for 8 months now and that PLAAF is very happy with its performance.

2016年7月6日,运-20举行了授装接装仪式,标志着这款由中国自主研发的新一代喷气式重型军用大型运输机正式从军入役。

全国两会期间,全国政协委员、运-20总设计师唐长红接受华西都市报-封面新闻记者采访时表示:“运-20目前还在试用阶段,由于这是我们自主研发的,交付过去以后用户都非常高兴,反馈回来的信息也是非常满意。”

同时唐长红还透露,运-20安装国产发动机已经有了时间表,“大概在明年或者后年就能看到装着国产发动机的运-20了。”

“反馈的信息是非常满意”

在全国两会上,唐长红说,运-20入役8个多月,目前从空军反馈回来的信息也是非常满意。

运-20大型运输机是中国自主研发的新一代喷气式重型军用大型运输机,由中国航空工业集团公司第一飞机设计研究院设计、西安飞机工业集团为主制造,并于2013年1月26日首飞成功。

去年11月珠海航展,有两架运-20参加。这是运-20服役后首次以空军装备身份亮相。两架运-20,一架在展区做静态展示,一架做动态演示。

当时记者看到,运-20在空中灵活机动,体态优美,展现出了良好的飞行性能。

运-20代号鲲鹏,而设计者们则亲切地称呼它为“胖妞”。

对于这个名字,唐长红曾有很精彩的解释:鲲鹏,是中国神话中的一只神鸟,巨大无比、力大无穷,蕴含了设计团队对于该型号运载机的期望。胖妞只是它的小名。但对于运载机来说,运载能力是首要重点,而“胖”就代表了这种体量与健壮。

运-20有系列化发展考虑

去年9月《深空探测学报》刊发的一篇名为“我国航天运输系统成就与展望”的论文。在文章中,作者提出一种科技设想,将运-20作为火箭载体,在一定高度释放火箭,火箭在离开飞机后点火。

对此,唐长红表示,“运-20作为专业平台来说,还有很多性能需要试飞,在这个基础上我们能做很多工作。”未来运-20可以开发成多种系列化的专业平台飞机。

Chief design engineer of Y20, Tang Chang Hong who is attending the current 5th session of the 12th National People's Congress told press that Y20 equiped with domestic engines will appear next year or year after.

He also said Y20 has entered service for 8 months now and that PLAAF is very happy with its performance.

2016年7月6日,运-20举行了授装接装仪式,标志着这款由中国自主研发的新一代喷气式重型军用大型运输机正式从军入役。

全国两会期间,全国政协委员、运-20总设计师唐长红接受华西都市报-封面新闻记者采访时表示:“运-20目前还在试用阶段,由于这是我们自主研发的,交付过去以后用户都非常高兴,反馈回来的信息也是非常满意。”

同时唐长红还透露,运-20安装国产发动机已经有了时间表,“大概在明年或者后年就能看到装着国产发动机的运-20了。”

“反馈的信息是非常满意”

在全国两会上,唐长红说,运-20入役8个多月,目前从空军反馈回来的信息也是非常满意。

运-20大型运输机是中国自主研发的新一代喷气式重型军用大型运输机,由中国航空工业集团公司第一飞机设计研究院设计、西安飞机工业集团为主制造,并于2013年1月26日首飞成功。

去年11月珠海航展,有两架运-20参加。这是运-20服役后首次以空军装备身份亮相。两架运-20,一架在展区做静态展示,一架做动态演示。

当时记者看到,运-20在空中灵活机动,体态优美,展现出了良好的飞行性能。

运-20代号鲲鹏,而设计者们则亲切地称呼它为“胖妞”。

对于这个名字,唐长红曾有很精彩的解释:鲲鹏,是中国神话中的一只神鸟,巨大无比、力大无穷,蕴含了设计团队对于该型号运载机的期望。胖妞只是它的小名。但对于运载机来说,运载能力是首要重点,而“胖”就代表了这种体量与健壮。

运-20有系列化发展考虑

去年9月《深空探测学报》刊发的一篇名为“我国航天运输系统成就与展望”的论文。在文章中,作者提出一种科技设想,将运-20作为火箭载体,在一定高度释放火箭,火箭在离开飞机后点火。

对此,唐长红表示,“运-20作为专业平台来说,还有很多性能需要试飞,在这个基础上我们能做很多工作。”未来运-20可以开发成多种系列化的专业平台飞机。

Any info on how many aircraft are by now operational within the 4th Division ?

Any info on how many aircraft are by now operational within the 4th Division ?

Sorry, I do not have any information on this, we can only make educated guess at best.

Two aircraft with service serial numbers sighted 8 months ago, plus two (pre-delivery aircraft?) without serial number that showed up in last years's Zhuhai airshow. And it is 4 months since Zhuhai airshow, thus there should be at least another two by now.

So there should be at least 6 aircrafts, and possibly even more. like 8 to 10 aircraft. Who knows?

Range of Y-20:

20953180.jpg
The problem is Y-20 cant fly thru those countries without their permission. End of the day, the transport distance will be greatly reduce. It needs extensive air refuel to achieve much more power projection.

Back
Top Bottom