What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

Pretty much the double standards of the west. If a terrorist attack occurs in the North America or Europe it should be condemned and sympathy comes pouring in. If it happens in the non western world it receives little to no sympathy unless in some cases.

In China's situation it is our fault and we deserve this as the narration goes, I have seen disgusting articles "A cry of desperation of terrorism" and plenty more with their own spin. If the Chinese media twisted the Boston Bombings or 9/11 as America to blame they would have been shunned and condemned. Personally this is why I and many of the people I have spoken to in China could care less about the attack in Paris, the chickens are coming home to roast as repercussions in our view. China's war on Uighur terrorism will go on for another 10-15 years but ultimately due to the demographs, security, and development of Xinjiang it will end. Europe case no so much, Just sit back and watch the show.

@Chinese-Dragon @tranquilium @Dungeness @Jlaw @Pangu @Borr @TaiShang @Zsari @Sommer @Arryn

Thoughts on this?

Agreed bro. Some Western media would report these acts of terrorism as "incidents", & they never let an opportunity slip by injecting the angle than China is to be blamed for it & deserving it. While I do feel sorry for the Paris victims, I was like, meh, an "incident" just happened in France...

Pretty much the double standards of the west. If a terrorist attack occurs in the North America or Europe it should be condemned and sympathy comes pouring in. If it happens in the non western world it receives little to no sympathy unless in some cases.

In China's situation it is our fault and we deserve this as the narration goes, I have seen disgusting articles "A cry of desperation of terrorism" and plenty more with their own spin. If the Chinese media twisted the Boston Bombings or 9/11 as America to blame they would have been shunned and condemned. Personally this is why I and many of the people I have spoken to in China could care less about the attack in Paris, the chickens are coming home to roast as repercussions in our view. China's war on Uighur terrorism will go on for another 10-15 years but ultimately due to the demographs, security, and development of Xinjiang it will end. Europe case no so much, Just sit back and watch the show.

@Chinese-Dragon @tranquilium @Dungeness @Jlaw @Pangu @Borr @TaiShang @Zsari @Sommer @Arryn

Thoughts on this?

Western (mainly US) media is inherently fascist and reactionary.

Western governments do not hold any moral values, but preach them fanatically when they know they can use them as a tool.

Hence you have a history of US governments and military/secret services propping up and cooperating with dictators, junta and bloody regimes across the world.

That's for the same reason that the US regime has been so aligned with the likes of Qatar, Turkey and Saudi Arabia on the issue of Syria.

Hence, it is all about geopolitics and hard power. Those who hold the ultimate hard power also hold the power of discourse, as has been pointed out by @Dungeness .

In this respect, China should pay ZERO attention and ZERO heed to the Western fascist media and governments on the issues pertaining to both domestic and international security and interests of China.

China shall continue to exterminate religio and ethno fascists wherever they hide. China will also spread secularism, education, and language to the furthest parts of the nation. China will lay out railways, logistics centers and airports up to the roof of the world.

China's problem is not that it is morally right or wrong. Its problem is that China is still a developing nation. It still needs to gather greater national power. When China has enough power, then discourse will follow.

Until that time, Xinjiang terrorists (dead and soon to be dead) are to be viewed by the Western media as "suspects" that are "allegedly" involved in terror activities.

When China has the ultimate hard power, then we can portray the "alleged perpetrators" of Twin Tower "incident" as "suspects" or a "bunch of angry youth due to misguided US policies." And the rest of the world will love to accept and parrot it.

Thus, ignore the fascist Western media as much as you can, and onto the duty of China's national rejuvenation.

Last edited:

Thoughts on this?

How is the world supposed to win the War on Terror if the West weaponises terrorism against a country they see as an adversary?

I've got a suggestion for the staff members: Ban ETIM/terrorism/separatism apologists on the forum in the same way Daesh/Taliban sympathisers are dealt with on PDF. Sanity will be partially restored at least in the China & Far East section

There is no double standards, you have a part of your country which has historically had a large muslim population, no where in Europe has a muslim majority area apart from some shitholes in the Balkans. Its a bit different than 1st/2nd generation immigrants who attack France, they know it isnt truly their home whilst with the Uighurs it is their home.

Look at this recentish bbc article

Three 'Xinjiang terrorists' shot dead by police in China - BBC News

Thats not reported any differently than the Paris attacks...terrorists killed in a raid, a description of the raid and how the police dealt with it. You are finding double standards which exist everywhere, you can also find normal reporting, it depends what your willing to look for, if all you want to find is double standard journalism then it isnt hard. I dont think you will find any "western" people who would side with the muslim population of China apart from some human rights PC pricks, the train station attack and a few others were heavily reported on here and had no double standards. Good job to the security forces in eradicating more scum at the end of the day no matter how you read the article.

Aren't terrorists blamed for their acts rather than motives? Are there any good reasons to become a terrorist? Would the event of stabbing 200 innocent people at Kunming railway station in China last year be justified not to be terrorist act?

Aren't terrorists blamed for their acts rather than motives? Are there any good reasons to become a terrorist? Would the event of stabbing 200 innocent people at Kunming railway station in China last year be justified not to be terrorist act?
Bro, you just have responded to a ridiculous ponits. The most funny thing is that there comes out an opinion terrorists based on 'locations'.

No need to argue with them, we just do ourselves

IMG_0245_zpsy0qwb5fq.jpg

Beijing security forces.

Thoughts on this?

Why would the west care about terrorist or civilian kills in China? The same way did China care about War on Drug victim in Mexico? Or do people in China know how many people killed by Military Police in Brazilian favela?

Media report on news that their own people want to hear, so they would tune in, and so they sell ads time. How much do you care about the sphere out of your own influence? Do you know how many country have war going on? And ever wonder why your local TV station did not report any of those?

People in America is more sympatric to French, than to Chinese, hence people are more interested in news regarding the French then China, The same way people in US or Canada (Especially Canada) would care much more about what happened in France than what happened in China, unless the news in China comes with broadcasting value, there won't even be a slot time for those, simply there are only 30 minutes to 1 hour program, and you cannot possibly show news from all around the world and then what you have to do is to show news that you can sell.

The same way on Chinese media, how much you care or even know about what happened in Mexico, Columbia, Brazil or Argentina? In the US, they related a lot on the issue there, but I don't think China have any major relation toward those place and I don't see CCTV reporting on the relative of Mexico Provincial Sheriff was killed 2 weeks ago in a drug related hit. Nor the Bope (Rio SWAT) Operation in Rio leads to 4 civilian dead just a month prior. Those news would have no value to air in China, then can we also say China have double standard?

People in different country buy what they care, so if they don't care, they don't know and you cannot say since they don't care, then they have double standard amongst things, that's simply because we as human can't possibly care about all the things. What you think is of value does not mean they are in the other part of the world, and simply, You have to choose.

Last edited:
in kunming,a woman used her knives,and killed many people...
Yes, the Chinese authority is allowing her to give birth to a future terrorist since she was pregnant at the time. She should have got this :butcher:. Sometimes the CPC is soft on crimes they should not be.

Thoughts on this?
I feel the same way. I did not talk about the Paris attacks with my friends until one person bought it up. Then I asked him why the world did not condemn the Kunming attack that killed 127 people, etc but instead use words such as "attackers", "assailants" etc when they should use TERRORISTS.

Chinese collectively should just poo-poo this event and not even mention it.

Why would the west care about terrorist or civilian kills in China? The same way did China care about War on Drug victim in Mexico? Or do people in China know how many people killed by Military Police in Brazilian favela?

Media report on news that their own people want to hear, so they would tune in, and so they sell ads time. How much do you care about the sphere out of your own influence? Do you know how many country have war going on? And ever wonder why your local TV station did not report any of those?

People in America is more sympatric to French, than to Chinese, hence people are more interested in news regarding the French then China, The same way people in US or Canada (Especially Canada) would care much more about what happened in France than what happened in China, unless the news in China comes with broadcasting value, there won't even be a slot time for those, simply there are only 30 minutes to 1 hour program, and you cannot possibly show news from all around the world and then what you have to do is to show news that you can sell.

The same way on Chinese media, how much you care or even know about what happened in Mexico, Columbia, Brazil or Argentina? In the US, they related a lot on the issue there, but I don't think China have any major relation toward those place and I don't see CCTV reporting on the relative of Mexico Provincial Sheriff was killed 2 weeks ago in a drug related hit. Nor the Bope (Rio SWAT) Operation in Rio leads to 4 civilian dead just a month prior. Those news would have no value to air in China, then can we also say China have double standard?

People in different country buy what they care, so if they don't care, they don't know and you cannot say since they don't care, then they have double standard amongst things, that's simply because we as human can't possibly care about all the things. What you think is of value does not mean they are in the other part of the world, and simply, You have to choose.

The west is fighting an international war on terrorism, it expects support and sympathy. China is fighting its own war on terrorism, it supports the western efforts against terrorists and offers condemnations whenever a terrorist attack happens on civilian targets. This is not case when terrorism happens in China, hardly any condemnations or support for China's anti terrorism efforts. There is a double standard. Your comparison also does not make any sense China is not fighting a war on drugs and condemning Mexico for fighting its own while condemning civilians.

I agree with you the media offers what citizens want to hear, however justifying terrorism or condemning the country affected by it is pretty low.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom