What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

I did not mean to support terrorists if that's what you are getting at. I wish there were no terrorist attack at all. What I meant was that I am doubtful about these numbers because this is not the first time I have seen this; it is highly unusual and might I say improbable.

It's hard getting firearms and explosives in China. Most terror attacks have been made with machetes and crude melee weaponry. With increased People's Armed Police patrols all over Xinjiang (reference that article about 100K more PAP being sent there), it's not surprising that the terrorists can only do a limited amount of damage before they're sent to paradise.

Here's a youtube vid showing what I'm talking about: (warning could be graphic to some viewers)

Notes about that video:

1)This was an event that happened several years ago where the terrorists were neutralized by normal Chinese street cops. PAP usually pack more firepower and carry shotguns and automatic weapons.

2) In the first part of the video, the two terrorists try to go into a mosque or religious center to try to stir up trouble. Loyal Uighur Chinese and Hui Muslim Chinese tell the two scumbags to fvkk off. Angry and feeling rejected, the two guys promptly run down the street hacking at people and then charging the police. And then the police put them to bed.

3) My only gripe is that the Chinese cops' pistols didn't have enough stopping power. The terrorists kept on getting back up.

Last edited:
It's hard getting firearms and explosives in China. Most terror attacks have been made with machetes and crude melee weaponry. With increased People's Armed Police patrols all over Xinjiang (reference that article about 100K more PAP being sent there), it's not surprising that the terrorists can only do a limited amount of damage before they're sent to paradise.

Here's a youtube vid showing what I'm talking about: (warning could be graphic to some viewers)

Notes about that video:

1)This was an event that happened several years ago where the terrorists were neutralized by normal Chinese street cops. PAP usually pack more firepower and carry shotguns and automatic weapons.

2) In the first part of the video, the two terrorists try to go into a mosque or religious center to try to stir up trouble. Loyal Uighur Chinese and Hui Muslim Chinese tell the two scumbags to fvkk off. Angry and feeling rejected, the two guys promptly run down the street hacking at people and then charging the police. And then the police put them to bed.

3) My only gripe is that the Chinese cops' pistols didn't have enough stopping power. The terrorists kept on getting back up.
Good job.
But one question...do the chinese install cctvs inside local mosques to monitor muslims activities?

Good job.
But one question...do the chinese install cctvs inside local mosques to monitor muslims activities?

They do with some mosques, depending on geography. For instance, I doubt mosques in Beijing have cameras installed but who knows. China never did anything like this until the Uighur independence movement became radicalized and crossed into terrorism. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the government put CCTV cameras inside any government sanctioned religious building, not just Muslim ones.

I'm sure some people's feelings were hurt but the CCTV camera in this case exonerated the rest of the Uighurs in the mosque. It's clearly shown on footage that the rest of the people praying wanted nothing to do with the 2 terrorists and that likely saved them from any implications of collusion as well as helping the government close the case quickly.

They do with some mosques, depending on geography. China never did anything like this until the Uighur independence movement became radicalized and crossed into terrorism. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the government put CCTV cameras inside any government sanctioned religious building.

I'm sure some people's feelings were hurt but the CCTV camera in this case exonerated the rest of the Uighurs in the mosque. It's clearly shown on footage that the rest of the people praying wanted nothing to do with the 2 terrorists and that likely saved them from further government followups.
Good. National security above anything else. Consider yourself lucky for not have minority as.s licking politians.

Sensationalized title. 4 civilians died while 11 attackers were killed. Good on Chinese security forces.

deleted . may be offensive to some members.

Last edited:
China is going to publish anti-terrorism law prohibiting children from any religion education. Good move, isn't it?

This is a bogus law. Communism by all means is a "religion" by itself. It is still being thought in schools at all levels. If the government is really sincere about not forcing any belief on the youth, they should stop force feeding communism ideology also.

On the other hand though, it really doesn't matter whether they teach communism or not. Nowadays in China everyone is out to make money, nobody believes that sh!t anymore:azn:

This is a bogus law. Communism by all means is a "religion" by itself. It is still being thought in schools at all levels. If the government is really sincere about not forcing any belief on the youth, they should stop force feeding communism ideology also.

On the other hand though, it really doesn't matter whether they teach communism or not. Nowadays in China everyone is out to make money, nobody believes that sh!t anymore:azn:

Do not get arrested by ideological labels, No body believes in nothing but self-actualization. What you have said is not news.

Cut the crap and just mind your own business. That's your religion.

all the reasons we need to work closer with Pakistani government on anti -terror. :pakistan:

New railway to Xinjiang under construction
2014-12-28

XINING, Dec. 28 (Xinhua) -- Full-scale construction of a new railway that links the far western Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region with the neighboring Qinghai Province started on Sunday.

The 1,213-km-long line, which links Golmud in Qinghai and Korla in Xinjiang, is another railway line linking the remote area with other parts of the country besides the Lanxin railway linking the regional capital of Urumqi with Lanzhou, capital of Gansu Province.

Construction began in the Qinghai section on Sunday. Work began in the Xinjiang section on Nov. 16. At a cost of 37.64 billion yuan (6.15 billion U.S. dollars), the project is scheduled to take five years.

The new line is of great strategic significance as abundant oil and mineral resources are scattered along the line, said Sun Faping, deputy head of the Qinghai provincial academy of social sciences.

The line will cut the traffic time between Golmud and Korla from 26 hours to 12 hours.

BEIJING: The legislature of northwest China's disturbed region of Xinjiang has banned the wearing of Burqa by Muslim women. This is a significant decision in Muslim inhabited province, which also borders Muslim countries in Central Asia and Pakistan.

The Communist Party leadership in Urumqi, provincial capital of Xinjiang, decided to ban the Burqa last month. Communist leaders feel Xinjiang is going through a phase of rising Islamic fundamentalism, which plays a role in the growth of separatism.

Discussing the legislature's decision, the official Xinhua news agency said that " The regulation is seen as an effort to curb growing extremism that forced Uygur women to abandon their colorful traditional dress and wear black burqas". Xinhua also noted that the Burqa has been banned in Belgium and France, and that it is "not a national dress of Muslims".

Xinjiang province is witness to regular terror attacks and clashes with security forces by separatists fighting to create an independent East Turkmenistan nation.

Xinjiang province bans burqa for Muslim women - The Times of India

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom