What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

That's 8 less religious extremists in China. Muslims should thank us for getting rid of their garbage. These scums tarnish the reputation of most muslims. Innocent muslims do not attack police stations with explosives and knives. They don't go around burning police cars either.

You kill one person, ten other will start to fight against China. This is not the right thing to do, by killing them you do exactly what they want you to do, this is stupid.
Huh? They tried to kill you with knives and you want to hug them? Killing them is the only sensible thing to do.

I don't think Chinese policemen too scared of a small group with knives, ...

actually, the policemen was told to shoot to death at those guys.
I think you're an idiot.

The Afghanistan Taliban has been training and supporting the Uighurs and radicalizing them. China faces a big problem as she know that supporting Pakistan is indirectly supporting the Talibans.

Its not easy for Pakistan to severe relationship with Talibans and the ISI is still quite entangled with them.

Pakistan is the only all weather friend of China, and so far, China has been reluctant even to pull back help to Pakistan. Helping Pakistan will give strength to Taliban. The only thing China hope is Pakistan modernize in Ataturk ways, and do away with Islamism and that is a remote scenario.

The problem in Xinjiang and Kashmir is closely related. There are some suggestions that China can distabilize India by giving support to Kashmir. But China know that supporting Kashmir will acerbate Xinjiang's problem.

Anyway there are no insurgency in Xinjiang yet, just low level of gangsterism.

BEIJING: Authorities in western China said on Monday that police fatally shot eight “terrorists” who had attacked them using knives and explosives in the latest in a string of violent incidents in the ethnically tense region.
The Xinjiang government news portal Tianshan Net said a group of nine attacked officers and burned police cars in Shache county, which is overseen by the famed Silk Road city of Kashgar.

It was the latest in a series of attacks pointing to growing unrest in the large sprawling region of Xinjiang, home to a simmering rebellion against Chinese rule among parts of the native Muslim Uighur population who want more autonomy from Beijing.

Recent clashes, including an attack on a police station last month, have left dozens of people dead.

A Xinjiang government press officer confirmed Monday’s report but said he had no further information.

He gave only his surname, Cao. Police reached by phone in Shache and Kashgar said they had no information about the incident.

The Chinese government typically calls such incidents terrorist attacks linked to radicals based overseas, although there is little evidence that they are carefully organised.

Chinese police shoot 8 Muslim Uighurs in Xinjiang - thenews.com.pk

Huh? They tried to kill you with knives and you want to hug them? Killing them is the only sensible thing to do.

I think you're an idiot.

Ok You are wise guy, and we don't want to make friend with you

Police in China's restive Xinjiang region have shot dead eight people during a violent clash on Monday, a state news portal says.

The clash broke out when men armed with knives and explosives attacked a police station in Yarkand county, officials say. One person has also been arrested.

The violence comes two weeks after a riot in the region, which saw 16 people killed, including two police.

Xinjiang, home to the Muslim Uighur minority group, sees sporadic clashes.

The government traditionally blames extremists for the violence. Uighur activists, on the other hand, point to ethnic tensions and tight Chinese control as triggers for violence.
Verifying reports from the region is difficult because the information flow out of Xinjiang is tightly controlled.

News of the latest clash first emerged on the state-run regional Tianshan news portal.

Officials described the people who attacked the police station in Yarkand, near the old silk road city of Kashgar, as "thugs carrying knives and throwing explosives".

It was not immediately clear if there were any police casualties. The incident is currently under investigation, officials say.

More than 100 people have been killed in Xinjiang this year in this and similar incidents, which Beijing blames on separatist "terrorists" from the Uighur group, says the BBC's John Sudworth in Shanghai.

In late October, five people were killed when a car ploughed into a crowd and then burst into flames in Beijing's Tiananmen Square.

Beijing called the incident a terrorist attack inspired by Xinjiang-linked extremists. Three people who died inside the car were identified by police as Xinjiang Uighurs.

BBC News - China police kill eight in Xinjiang clash

1. Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a US government-funded propaganda outfit. It is forbidden by US law to operate within the US.
2. Ever since its inception China's one child policy has Never been applied to ethnic minorities including the Uighurs.
3. If you insist on treating RFA falsehood as the Gospel truth there is nothing anybody can do about it.

I will have supplement your point 2. While ethnic minorities are not limited to one child, the family planning policy applies to them as well. The limit is generally two child for larger ethnic groups. Three is allowed for the ethnic groups that are small or the location is extremely rural (for example, nomadic Tibetans are allowed three children, but Tibetan in major cities are limited to two).

from mp.net, ETIM propaganda from 2011.

There attackers weren't armed with assault rifles and grenades, but I can guarantee that at some point they are going to do so. When US pulls out most of their soldiers from Afghanistan it will help all militants to relax a bit, and no doubt many of them will go ti fight against China in Uighur areas.

It would be wise from Chinese to start taking out terrorist camps via drone strikes and special forces raids before they grow more larger.

I don't think Chinese policemen too scared of a small group with knives, ...

actually, the policemen was told to shoot to death at those guys.

Do not worry it is just the beginning...when they start getting trained in Pakistan they will come with all the goodies.
karma.jpg

from mp.net, ETIM propaganda from 2011.

There attackers weren't armed with assault rifles and grenades, but I can guarantee that at some point they are going to do so. When US pulls out most of their soldiers from Afghanistan it will help all militants to relax a bit, and no doubt many of them will go ti fight against China in Uighur areas.

It would be wise from Chinese to start taking out terrorist camps via drone strikes and special forces raids before they grow more larger.
That will allow Chinese military to test out its new equipment on these terrorists.

Started when China allowed Saudi funded religious schools in Xinjiang in the mid 1990's. Now religious extremism has displaced pan-Turkic nationalism as the driving force being Xinjiang separatists. I would like nothing less than slap the idiot who allowed external religious influence to flow into Xinjiang. Now more and more women are wearing face veils and men growing full beard.

I think that it's more linked to ethnic issues than religious. Saudi Arabia has also funded religious schools in Gansu for Hui Muslims. It's very peaceful interaction there.

Only fools believe that Uighurs are fighting for their religious freedom.

Even though I am all against one child policy, but if it's national law, then it should be applied to every citizen. Down with discrimination. China's minority population has risen from 3% to 10% since 1949 in a country with over 1billion population. That takes lots of lots breeding from the minorities.

Back
Top Bottom