What's new

WZ-10 and WZ-19 Photos, many and many of them.

by78

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lots and lots of high-resolution WZ-10 photos for everyone. There are some photos of WZ-19 as well.

27_113049_5bae75b9313635e.jpg

26_7498_1964a554cfe9321.jpg

27_252636_fbdd3e94c380f08.jpg

27_252636_fe428e92eaaa0f6.jpg

27_252636_42dd6743b385dbc.jpg

26_191404_28f2f6c413811ac.jpg

26_191404_449163f453e7627.jpg

26_191404_207679c6d267221.jpg

26_191404_280152265490fe2.jpg

26_116900_d4bfdf2ee059836.jpg

looks nice, but have they decided which engine will be final- american, european, russian or chinese?

Six dozens of these birds(Z-10) are in service and more are undergoing flight tests or on the production line。What do you mean by ”final“?

Do you mean the new engine for Z-10A?

Of course it will use Chinese engine。:azn:

looks nice, but have they decided which engine will be final- american, european, russian or chinese?

It's in service right now, with a Chinese engine, rated at 1000 kilowatt each.

A new indigenous 1500 kilowatt engine is said to be well advanced in its development, and the Chinese claim that it will be ready in three years time.

Remember, America, Canada, and Europe all ban exporting turboshaft engines to China. The Russians have learned their lessons from the AL-31 'debacle' and are careful not to export turboshafts.

So, are there any plans for a domestic engine for the Lch, if it ever makes it to production? Or will India continue to import all subsystems and components at exorbitant prices, paying in precious foreign currency at a time of economic crisis?

Indigenization is the only way to go if you don't want to be ripped off like a village idiot by all and sundry.

lol can't answer a simple question without dragging other countries in? btw u really american or a chinese with american flag on?

Oh no, not at all.

I was simply asking the obvious, seeing that India is very keen on competing with China both economically and militarily. And since you are from India and asking questions about a Chinese helicopter, it was only natural for me to bring up India, which also has an attack helicopter program.

Speaking of which, India has yet to embark on more serious indigenization of its defense industry. It needs to do so more than ever because it simply can't afford to buy all the expensive equipment from abroad with the devalued Rupee.

I find it telling that the first question an Indian member asks of the WZ-10 is what 'foreign' engine the Chinese are going to choose. Is developing an indigenous engine such a 'foreign' concept? Didn't you know, the Chinese prefer making everything by themselves and not be swindled by foreign suppliers? The Chinese have witnessed how the Russians have been swindling a certain large customer and how the Americans sold C-17s to a certain country at over 200% what it charges the US air force. They simply don't want that kind of treatment.

i do agree on indigenization but since we are lacking in the engine department i don't mind imports so long as the LCH flies...even china still imports engines from Russia btw

Isn't the whole point of indigenization to make up for what is 'lacking' domestically? India's weakness in turboshaft should be the raison d'etre for a domestic program to develop such engines.

Of course, the Chinese are still importing AL-31 from Russia and a few other Turbofan models.

The Russians, in so far as I know, have not exported turboshafts to China, probably out of fear of being copied.

The Americans, Canadians, and the Europeans have an embargo against China, so no turboshafts from those places either.

The Chinese are largely alone on the turboshaft development, even if we grant that they gained some valuable experience working with Eurocopter on various projects, but turboshafts are as closely guarded secrets as turbofans.

Back
Top Bottom