What's new

Wow!!! Turkey to NATIONALIZE the F-16s

Cabatli the CCIP upgrade is still undergoing right ? Are we now just adding some Turkish specific components to the aircraft ?

As far as I know, CCIP modernization contains 165 Block-40 and 50 F-16's to upgrade upper levels (Block-50+) so Turkish F-16 Block 30's would be modernizated c9ompletely Turkish avionics and other subsystems including Aselsan MFD's under the name of "Ozgur". After CCIP modernizations or along with it, The Block-40 and 50 F-16's would be modernizated with Turkish source-codes and mission computers (until 2019)to equip the Turkish developed precision guided missiles/munitions on them.

its very high..

and cabatli.. great news indeed.. but what are these ammunition do you know the names of it?
plus is there any chance of getting source codes for f35? or are we going to use plug and play kits?

It is almost impossible to have the source codes of F-35's. Actually, At latest SSIK meeting of Turkey, Turkish president and Miistery of national defence along with TuAF officials accepted an proposal like "taking F-35's management rights" but It is understood with latest news revealed into media that USA officials accepted Turkish upgraded F-16 models instead of revealing F-35 source-codes...

The munitions that will be integrated onto Turkish modernizated F-16's, F-4's and TF-X aircraft...

HGK: Hassas Gudum Kiti; JDAM equivalent. In production.
KGK: Kanat Gudum Kiti; wing kit for Mk82, Mk83 and Mk20. Tests underway..
MDM: Menzil Disi Muhimmat; 150km stand-off precision guided weapon system. Tests underway.
Demet: Indigenous cluster weapon. In production (?)
NEB: Nufuz Edici Bomba; bunker buster / penetrator bomb. Development underway.
Atmaca: Indigenous antiship missile. Development underway with air launched variant on board.
SRAAM: IIR guided AAM derived from ground launched version. Development underway by ROKETSAN.

Thanks for the information..
How about israel and UK? will these get the source codes?
or is it all or nothing issue?

Thanks for the information..
How about israel and UK? will these get the source codes?
or is it all or nothing issue?

Only UK will have some of the source codes, if not all of them, as it is the sole Level 1 partner of the program.

its very high..

and cabatli.. great news indeed.. but what are these ammunition do you know the names of it?
plus is there any chance of getting source codes for f35? or are we going to use plug and play kits?

hehe no friend the oven i refer too wasn't you or turkey more of who posted it :cheers:
source code i can't say but being a part of the program one should get a decent amount of spare + upgrade options turkey has a good industrial base like canada when it comes to fighter aircraft being part of f-16 plus f-35 & the ero fighter typhoon project it shoudnt be a problem but none the less source code are quiet on the grey side type subjects but i don't think it should be a problem see we can only get some piece off the pie unlike u.s & the u.k to be honest

In case there is a piece of the pie as you refer to, it's only a matter of time before we get some of the codes, or other means to add our own software. I am not convinced that plug & play is so bad. it depends on what we can develope.

Some Turkish defence analysts suggest that Turkey’s newfound ability to nationalize the F-16 is simply a means for compensating the country for not being given F-35 source codes, despite the longstanding NATO member’s commitment for an initial batch of over 100 F-35s.

Suggest that Islamophobia do occurs sometimes...or perhaps Europe feels that though Secular the Islamic tenets can be readily ousted from a Muslim heart

Back
Top Bottom