What's new

Would India allow US to use military bases?

True. But it's within my right to respond when another member brought up the point of US soldiers harassing local women.

if you think it is offensive or off topic just report it . no need to engage and perpetuate the nonsense by replying to it .

Now India has to be very careful with this proposal while going ahead as this can have some serious repercussions not just for india but the entire region as well.

Also, I am just responding to pitfalls of US soldiers harassing local Indians once we are stationed there,

Why are you even responding to it even after knowing that it was a troll comment ? By the way i have never seen you defending America in any of your posts- my dear Chinese friend , faithful guy. We all know your intention is to troll Indian posters as proved by you 690 + posts which are all India related. You are not fooling anyone here.

Now India has to be very careful with this proposal while going ahead as this can have some serious repercussions not just for india but the entire region as well.

actually the LSA was not even discussed .

There is no question of India allowing US to use its military bases

This was not even mentioned in the joint statement..... But they did speak of enlarging the defence relation...... Hope this is not the one

Interesting little bit during the joint press conference, Obama was asked about the situation in Yemen and Ukraine while the question to Modi was wrt to climate change. Obama was fiercely critical of Russia/Putin (though he stressed that there's no military situation for the situation in the Donbass)

Modi, replying to the question that was posed to him (climate change and if there is any pressure on India after the precedent set by the US/China deal earlier) replied with a stern "India is a sovereign nation and no country and no nation holds sway over it's policies)

watch it here, 19:20 for the question and Obama's reply and at the 29 minute mark for Modi's reply.

thank you, sir !

Chinese false flagger going all "our" about US policy, right ? :rofl:
False Flagger was an Indian masquerading as American - and I do not mean @US_dept_retired guy.

In any case, its best not to respond to moderation or discuss it.

In about ten years this issue can be examined and limited permissions given. By that time there will be genuine utility for India in having access to US military bases abroad, right now the US would be almost the sole beneficiary of such agreements.

I remember reading somewhere India was ready to provide bases post 9/11 in case Pakistan refused.
Technically meaning India providing base for US, for operations against Pakistan and Afghanistan.

I remember reading somewhere India was ready to provide bases post 9/11 in case Pakistan refused.
Technically meaning India providing base for US, for operations against Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Removing the Taliban (Pakistani proxies) from Afghan soil was in India's interests thus that would have been a very understandable and pragmatic move for the GoI at that time.

Removing the Taliban (Pakistani proxies) from Afghan soil was in India's interests thus that would have been a very understandable and pragmatic move for the GoI at that time.

Pakistan's refusal to provide America bases would mean war.

Considering the threat - "you will be bombed back to the stoneage"

It is in India's interests to have Pakistan's nuclear weapons eliminated.

Back
Top Bottom