What's new

Woudl the fall of assad mean a strategic gain of turkey ?

thefreesyrian

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
FSA is on damascus gates, clinton is just meeting everyone opposite of her silent the last 20 month, maybe they are feeling that the FSA is just about to sit down assad regime.
I think turkey would gain a lot, the pro iranian and pro shia regime would be replaced by a more turkey and arab friendly regime, as sunni are demographically 75% of the population.
Turkey will have a friend against maliki regime in iraq who is threatening with the help of the mullah turkey, and assisting PKK in their fght

FSA is on damascus gates, clinton is just meeting everyone opposite of her silent the last 20 month, maybe they are feeling that the FSA is just about to sit down assad regime.
I think turkey would gain a lot, the pro iranian and pro shia regime would be replaced by a more turkey and arab friendly regime, as sunni are demographically 75% of the population.
Turkey will have a friend against maliki regime in iraq who is threatening with the help of the mullah turkey, and assisting PKK in their fght

You said it right,there is nothing to add.
It would open the road to Jordan and all the arab countries of the arabian penunsula,the economic value for Turkey would be indescribable.
A direct road to Egypt would open up.

You said it right,there is nothing to add.
It would open the road to Jordan and all the arab countries of the arabian penunsula,the economic value for Turkey would be indescribable.
A direct road to Egypt would open up.

Bro didn't Turkiye already had that road before this messy conflict.
I tough that we were good with Syria and signed a lot of agreement and stuff??

Turkish defence industry will step into a new market resulting with financial support to our R&D projects.
Turkish army will establish military presence in Syria resulting with a pacified Israel.

These two are important for me. Iraq and Maliki regime are least of my concerns.

Bro didn't Turkiye already had that road before this messy conflict.
I tough that we were good with Syria and signed a lot of agreement and stuff??
Yes we started but thanks to the war there, ist all halted.
So we have to start again.
There was a good economic value,just like with Irak before the wars.
Lets hope they stay friendly towards Turkey and trade will resume.

My worry is Syria becoming another Afghanistan, when Kurds, Alawites, Christians and Sunnis continue to fight for ever.

It could possible become a new Irak.

It wont be second irak. Americans have to help assad and this wont happen. The allies of america in irak is shias and in syria is iran. Iran have to go in syria and they wont do it.

When people are comparing syria and irak, they dont use different aspects of irak. who helped invasion of irak? And how long are they in irak? felan filan.....

It wont be second irak. Americans have to help assad and this wont happen. The allies of america in irak is shias and in syria is iran. Iran have to go in syria and they wont do it.

When people are comparing syria and irak, they dont use different aspects of irak. who helped invasion of irak? And how long are they in irak? felan filan.....

The best thing Syria can get is a second Iraq. Another more probable case, no matter Assad stays or leaves, will be a second Afghanistan in 90s or second Lebanon in 80s.

Woudl the fall of assad mean a strategic gain of turkey ?

Yes.. Military, economic and political alliance.

it is contingent on what any future government (if assad regime falls) policy will be regarding recognition or support towards PKK militants

PKK has been an irritant between both countries for decades

My worry is Syria becoming another Afghanistan, when Kurds, Alawites, Christians and Sunnis continue to fight for ever.

it's already happening, unfortunately

nobody in Syria is "winning" from all of this. The country is slowly being destroyed; and the regime as well as foreign countries are not helping the situation at all.

Back
Top Bottom