What's new

worst submarine design,shame on British engineers as nuclear SM has deadly accident after chernobyl

Jhon Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was deadly accident in Navel history.
British nuclear submarine CRASHES into ship near Gibraltar
A BRITISH nuclear-powered submarine has collided with a vessel near Gibraltar.

what r the world reaction if Nuclear SM from Asia would have accident while loaded with nuclear weapons??

British nuclear submarine CRASHES into ship near Gibraltar
A BRITISH nuclear-powered submarine has collided with a vessel near Gibraltar.
By CHARLIE PEAT
Sub-691655.jpg
AFP

HMS Ambush collided with a vessel off the coast of Gibralter

Rock-598974.jpg
AFP

No crew were injured on the nuclear powered vessels
British nuclear submarine is forced to dock in Gibraltar after crashing into a merchant vessel 'during a training mission in the Med'

Commander-598985.jpg

Commander Mike Walliker is captain of the first Astute class nuclear submarine

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/69...arine-collides-Navy-merchant-vessel-Gibralter
'

Listen the lies of British media that our Submarine is most advance and stealth one, If it is most advance one than Y that accident occurred? Its not just human error its complete failure of British engineers design!

Last edited:
I don't think this is a nuclear ballistic missile submarine..cruise missile maybe. It is nuclear powered though.

@Blue Marlin only knew you who talks a lot about navies ....... perheps you can enlighten us
its happend before where a sub of this class grounded. he have been quiet negligent with our attack subs as i have seen a strange increase in sub related accidents but as for the design they are world leading they are near enough par on the latest virginia class sub of the usa.
in this case as well as the others i have found that is the people who are at fault not the sub.

its happend before where a sub of this class grounded. he have been quiet negligent with our attack subs as i have seen a strange increase in sub related accidents but as for the design they are world leading they are near enough par on the latest virginia class sub of the usa.
in this case as well as the others i have found that is the people who are at fault not the sub
so you think that British naval staff is not well trained ...... well thats hard to believe they have so much experience perhaps successive exercises with US can end this

so you think that British naval staff is not well trained ...... well thats hard to believe they have so much experience perhaps successive exercises with US can end this
no, im saying these incidents are at the subs fault

I don't think this is a nuclear ballistic missile submarine..cruise missile maybe. It is nuclear powered though.
Astute class SSN
In commission: 2010–present
Number of operational units: 3

Astute was declared fully operational in May 2014, and both she and Ambush have sailed for their maiden deployments. The third of class, Artful, arrived on 19 August 2015 in HMNB Clyde for sea trials and was commissioned on March 18, 2016. She was handed over to the Royal Navy on the 14th December, 2015.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astute-class_submarine#cite_note-Royal_Navy-11

The Astute class has stowage for 38 weapons and would typically carry Spearfish heavy torpedoes and Tomahawk Block IV cruise missiles. The Astute class will also be able to fire the new tactical Tomahawk under development. Likely also sub-launched Harpoon capable.

I find it amusing that someone that can't spell the name JOHN properly makes the following complaint:"Listen the lies of British media that our Submarine is most advance and stealth one, If it is most advance one than Y that accident occurred? Its not just human error its complete failure of British engineers design!"

These are very new boats and some of the most complex naval platforms to design and construct.

UK subs have US tech..it must be an human error ..perhaps a trainee was handling it and lost control.but i m sure no navy will accept it..as its nuke sub after all and lot of depends on it as far as national security is concerned..

Astute class SSN
In commission: 2010–present
Number of operational units: 3

Astute was declared fully operational in May 2014, and both she and Ambush have sailed for their maiden deployments. The third of class, Artful, arrived on 19 August 2015 in HMNB Clyde for sea trials and was commissioned on March 18, 2016. She was handed over to the Royal Navy on the 14th December, 2015.

The Astute class has stowage for 38 weapons and would typically carry Spearfish heavy torpedoes and Tomahawk Block IV cruise missiles. The Astute class will also be able to fire the new tactical Tomahawk under development. Likely also sub-launched Harpoon capable.

I find it amusing that someone that can't spell the name JOHN properly makes the following complaint:"Listen the lies of British media that our Submarine is most advance and stealth one, If it is most advance one than Y that accident occurred? Its not just human error its complete failure of British engineers design!"

These are very new boats and some of the most complex naval platforms to design and construct.

Many incidents were reported concerning the Astute class submarines.
-
In 2015, the number of reported incidents on the nuclear reactors of the Astute class submarines, deployed by the Royal Navy, almost doubled compared to the previous year, from 12 to 21.

Within 4 years,69 incidents were reported, an average of 17 per year or one every three weeks.

The nature of the incidents reported were not specified. But these "events have (or could have) led to a reduction in nuclear and radiation savety,which are the subject of an operator experience feedback. "

This means that within 4 years,69 incidents occured when only two Astute were in active duty.

astu.png

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...160202_-_FOI2016-00123_-_DNSR_Astute_-_RT.pdf
-
According to the independent nuclear engineer John Large, the submarines were suffering serious problems. “This continuing experience of the Astute class reactor problems not only imperils the boats when at sea but is likely to result in cutbacks to the number of patrols, voyage durations and the extent of roaming of the high seas,” he said.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...dents_on_new_nuclear_subs_double_in_one_year/

I was wondering if "Jhon Smith" is actually "apisubmarine"

Likely. For an 'american',his english s*cks....

Many incidents were reported concerning the Astute class submarines.
-
In 2015, the number of reported incidents on the nuclear reactors of the Astute class submarines, deployed by the Royal Navy, almost doubled compared to the previous year, from 12 to 21.

Within 4 years,69 incidents were reported, an average of 17 per year or one every three weeks.

The nature of the incidents reported were not specified. But these "events have (or could have) led to a reduction in nuclear and radiation savety,which are the subject of an operator experience feedback. "

This means that within 4 years,69 incidents occured when only two Astute were in active duty.

And how does this compare to e.g. the preceeding Trafalgar class when these first entered service? Or e.g. the current and preceeding UK SSBN classes?

Remember, in the old (Cold War) days, you would never even hear of any of this....

Back
Top Bottom