What's new

World's Largest Elevator Installed At Reliance's Jio World Centre

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Reliance's Jio World Centre in Mumbai's Bandra Kurla Complex is now home to the world's largest elevator.
At 25.78 sq metres, this record-breaking elevator is as big as a small flat in Mumbai.
Built by Finnish company Kone, this elevator weighing 16 tonnes, is supported by 18 pulleys and nine ropes for safety. The rope system by itself is innovative with pulley beams. The entire structural shaft moves on rails fixed over steel columns.
"The hoisting machine is the KONE EcosDisk® MX100 Heavy duty – making it not just super strong and durable but also energy saving. The elevator is fitted with KONE E-Link™ - a comprehensive facility management tool feature that makes it possible to remotely monitor the elevator," the company said.
"It has a unique 4-panel centre opening door and glass walls offering an all-round scenic view. There are two info screens that offer building news and updates. The interior design matches the lotus theme that's central to the Jio World Centre décor," it added.
The largest elevator installed at Jio World Centre in Mumbai (Kone)

In March this year, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) announced the opening of the Jio World Centre, covering around 18.5 acres in the prime location of Mumbai.
RIL expects the centre to be India's iconic business, commerce, and culture destination.

Reliance's Jio World Centre in Mumbai's Bandra Kurla Complex is now home to the world's largest elevator.
At 25.78 sq metres, this record-breaking elevator is as big as a small flat in Mumbai.
Built by Finnish company Kone, this elevator weighing 16 tonnes, is supported by 18 pulleys and nine ropes for safety. The rope system by itself is innovative with pulley beams. The entire structural shaft moves on rails fixed over steel columns.
"The hoisting machine is the KONE EcosDisk® MX100 Heavy duty – making it not just super strong and durable but also energy saving. The elevator is fitted with KONE E-Link™ - a comprehensive facility management tool feature that makes it possible to remotely monitor the elevator," the company said.
"It has a unique 4-panel centre opening door and glass walls offering an all-round scenic view. There are two info screens that offer building news and updates. The interior design matches the lotus theme that's central to the Jio World Centre décor," it added.

In March this year, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) announced the opening of the Jio World Centre, covering around 18.5 acres in the prime location of Mumbai.
RIL expects the centre to be India's iconic business, commerce, and culture destination.

This is not something unusual to have large elevator in this magnitude....

Just see the elevator in Jakarta passenger bridge

And once out of that shiny lift and stepping out of the building and some distance ahead will be ugly skyscrapers and the unfortunate, sad existence of Bombay's slums and chaotic roads with the footpaths reeking of human urine and dog shit. Why can't Indians think of bringing harmony and cleanliness and justice all over the country ?

Last edited:
And once out of that shiny lift and stepping out of the building and some distance ahead will be ugly skyscrapers and the unfortunate existence of Bombay's slums and chaotic roads with the footpaths reeking of human urine and dog shit. Why can't Indians think of bringing harmony and cleanliness and justice all over the country ?

Skyscraper is needed to make the business work more efficiently, they will be centered in Central Business District, and since the land is so expensive and limited, so better build high rise building for offices and also apartments for expats, this will reduce traffic jam as well during rush hours if the public transportation is quite good and adequate

Skyscraper is needed to make the business work more efficiently, they will be centered in Central Business District, and since the land is so expensive and limited, so better build high rise building for offices and also apartments for expats, this will reduce traffic jam as well during rush hours if the public transportation is quite good and adequate

Indos brother, you are looking at this in a Capitalist way and regards transporation in a limited way. :) There will not be a rush for office space, there will not be an artificial gold rush for skyscrapers if the business and the employment system is made rational and actually useful for humanity. Make it simple and not unnecessarily complicated.

For example there need not be multiple private banks that operate on interest. Make the bank into a single one in society which operates on non-interest basis, is disconnected from global stock exchanges and is part of this progressive socio-economic I proposed. Consequently this will eliminate lot of related businesses like finance backoffice processing, many "fintech" startup companies and some logistics companies.
Much elimination.

About traffic jams they will not exist at all if you ban all personal vehicles whether cars or two-wheelers. Make the intra-city public transporation only through two means : buses and taxis. This will reduce "rush hour" traffic jams, accidents, crime and general chaos. India has hundreds of millions of cars and two-wheelers combinedly and yearly there are 450,000 traffic accidents with 150,000 deaths ! Isn't this avoidable veyr simply by simply banning personal vehicles ? If you ban this then you will again eliminate some more unnecessary companies like multiple car and two-wheeler franchisees ( Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, Ford etc ), the associated finance and software support companies.

These are just two examples, we will find more. Doing these things, eliminating unnecessary businesses / companies and thereby eliminating the needless gold rush for skyscrapers we will eliminate the artificially high land prices and simplify society a lot. You can further simplify society a lot by simply prohibiting land from being owned by private individuals or groups and making land to become a public property, a Commons to be managed by a committee on behalf of the citizens. Let's simplify life which can be done easily.

And once out of that shiny lift and stepping out of the building and some distance ahead will be ugly skyscrapers and the unfortunate existence of Bombay's slums and chaotic roads with the footpaths reeking of human urine and dog shit. Why can't Indians think of bringing harmony and cleanliness and justice all over the country ?

No wonder they cant built microprocessors. As if that is not enough most of them get educated past class 12.

Wait, aren't you that uneducated self proclaimed genius who is is building his own OS and microprocessor ? Please help Ambani and Elon musk.

No wonder they cant built microprocessors. As if that is not enough most of them get educated past class 12.

Wait, aren't you that uneducated self proclaimed genius who is is building is own OS and microprocessor ? Please help Ambani and Elon musk.

If you are using Microsoft Windows operating system immediately stop using it to post nonsense on the internet because Microsoft company was established by an "uneducated" college dropout. We wouldn't want "highly educated" triple-degreed Andhadhun to be embarrassed through using things built by college dropouts.

OK so Finnish company builds elevator and sells it to Indian real estate developer.

Now how does this relate to anything in India to be proud about as far as Indian technical or engineering prowess?

SwarajyaMag idiots don't have their heads screwed on right.

Am I right or am I right? :-)

OK so Finnish company builds elevator and sells it to Indian real estate developer.

Now how does this relate to anything in India to be proud about as far as Indian technical or engineering prowess?

Well, Indian education has provided the managers for the Finnish lift company's Indian branch. How dare you say that is not an achievement ! ;)

If you are using Microsoft Windows operating system immediately stop using it to post nonsense on the internet because Microsoft company was established by an "uneducated" college dropout. We wouldn't want "highly educated" triple-degreed Andhadhun to be embarrassed through using things built by college dropouts.

pretty cool if you ask me.. kya baat hai.. dunia bhar me alishaan banglay, sports cars, private jets, the fanciest yachts.. being courted by presidents and prime ministers of virtually every country on earth.. billions in the bank..

this is the good life.

much better than some angry bhikari sitting in a slum dreaming day and night of communism.

I am a 12th pass, so am using iMac.

Are you claiming college dropouts are better than 12 fail ?

SwarajyaMag idiots don't have their heads screwed on right.

This might be a difficult concept, but that's not how news media work.

They also publish news that does not make India proud.

Last edited:
Well, Indian education has provided the managers for the Finnish lift company's Indian branch. How dare you say that is not an achievement ! ;)

but .... but .... but ...... why didn't they hire an uneducated 12th fail as the manager for the company's India branch ?

Haven't you told them about how even 12th fail can build microprocessor ?

Go the next level. Use iVeda Quantum Computing Professional Edition.

Do you often go around giving unsolicited and unwanted free Advice ?

Which is every bit of the "news" they publish.

Too bad they don't publish how Indians should boycott schools, remain uneducated, devote to building microprocessors and spaceships and follow Gadhafi. I can see why you are disappointed with them.

Do you often go around giving unsolicited and unwanted free Advice ?

I don't like to micro-manage but I certainly profer my ideas or advises where something is missing hence iVeda instead of the unsophisticated and inelegant iMac.

Too bad they don't publish how Indians should boycott schools, remain uneducated, devote to building microprocessors and spaceships and follow Gadhafi. I can see why you are disappointed with them.

Yes, how dare a 12th class fail speak of designing microprocessors ! Such should be only done by IIT Bombay and IIT Madras even if the "design" by the former is the American SPARC processor architecture and the "design" by the latter is the international open source project RISC-V but of course the names should be "India" - AJIT for the former and Shakti for the latter. Congrats for this marvelous work done by the non-12th-class-fail geniuses of IIT Bombay and IIT Madras.

Back
Top Bottom