What's new

World's larges Hindu temple coming in Bihar

Oh, please. It's pretty much a copy.

533454_378119448910593_34678849_n.jpg

Its not, doubt the rendering is any where close to the reality. You know Indian media and their reports.

Built over 50 acres land donated by the Kathwalia Math on the Chakia-Kesharia road, Kunal said, the temple would not be the exact replica of the Angkor Wat temple but the shikhar (peak) and architectural designs would be few of the common features of the two religious structures.

World's largest Hindu temple to be build in Bihar - Economic Times

He said that the architectural designs of the temple has been drawn from the Angkor Wat temple in Cambodia and Rameshwaram and Madurai temples in Tamil Nadu.

The proposed temple will have 18 shikhars (spires) that will replicate ones of the Angkor Wat temple and 18 sanctum sanctorums, the MMT Secretary said, adding that six of these spires had been taken from the South Indian temples.

I agree with u Sir LurkaLot that the design is not very inspiring in the sense I am like wow or blown away I accept that but I think once built it would be better than how it looks on paper.

yes it is a private trust, with money donated by hindus(most probably). I am asking is this the best use of money we can think of. There are hundreds of old temples in India, urgently in need of repair, but cant be done due to lack of funds.

Establish Kerala model Devasom (Lord's property) Board.

Also in this same forum one Indian member told me that temple like any building used for social or religious purpose will only prosper when people around it wants it to do so. So if some Hindus are allowing some temples to 'go to dogs'..so be it..also at the same time if another set of Hindus are building the world's biggest temple..so be it.

Mandir_artist_impression.jpg

They building this Mandir in Holland I think its diffrent to say the least im liking it

whatever it is guys.. let's not argue about the design or size. It's good to see that this temple is coming up in a state like Bihar. There are many other good things happening in Bihar including the revival of Nalanda University. Let's hope that the glory days will return to that state.. people of that part deserve good things.

5598724787_00c4861771.jpg

^^^

This thing isn't a exact copy of Taj Mahal either.

If you're going to make the biggest out of something, make it original.

I rather see this, than a Ankor Wat Copy.

t1vg6.jpg

02tr7.jpg

1jl4.jpg

ttajtw0.jpg

tpyrnp5.jpg

image66ib7pf5.jpg

For Donations,

Mahavir Mandir Trust has opened a Corpus Fund for this project in the name of Viraat Angkor Wat Ram Mandir in the main branch of Allahabad Bank, Patna. Details of this account are given below:-

Name of the Account VIRAAT ANGKOR WAT RAM MANDIR
Account No. 50101162885
IFS Code ALLA0210003 fifth character is zero
SWIFT Code ALLAINBBPAT for inward remittances from outside India

Any devotee, intending to make any financial contribution to the project, may do so by sending cheque/draft or transferring the money in the said account through R.T.G.S.

Mahavir Mandir Trust in its meeting held on 28th March, 2012 decided to install a Dharma-stambh (a pillar of Dharma) whereupon the names of all donors who contribute Rs. 1 lakh or more will be inscribed. In addition, those who make a donation of Rs. 20 lakh or more will have a space for mentioning their names somewhere in the temple and the construction of some portion of the temple will be attributed to those who will make a financial assistance of Rs. 1 crore or more.

Virrat AngkorWar Rama Mandir

every Hindu temple is Built using the same Sastra i.e a Sleeping Man ...so every temple will have some similarity ...

Hindu temples from India to S.E. Asia are very diverse looking.

Even India they can look very different from each other.

Establish Kerala model Devasom (Lord's property) Board.
Not needed like the Devasom headed by a Atheist & Non-Hindu Government ... Using that money for Politics ... better they stay as it is under trust ...

whatever it is guys.. let's not argue about the design or size. It's good to see that this temple is coming up in a state like Bihar. There are many other good things happening in Bihar including the revival of Nalanda University. Let's hope that the glory days will return to that state.. people of that part deserve good things.
I really cant think people should feel excited about it on the same scale as say a new University. Temples dont serve the purpose they used to in earlier days, now its mostly to do with spirituality (not for say keeping your grain or a centre of learning), and smaller temples (but accessible) should suffice.
This is more of a show off than anything.

Anyways guys, look at the official render in post #36. Its not that similar to Agkor Wat to Cambodia, so put that discussion aside.

I really cant think people should feel excited about it on the same scale as say a new University. Temples dont serve the purpose they used to in earlier days, now its mostly to do with spirituality (not for say keeping your grain or a centre of learning), and smaller temples (but accessible) should suffice.
This is more of a show off than anything.

Maybe that's how you see things & you are free to think whichever way you like. I'm excited about this. Do you have any problem with that?

5598724787_00c4861771.jpg

^^^

This thing isn't a exact copy of Taj Mahal either.

If you're going to make the biggest out of something, make it original.

I rather see this, than a Ankor Wat Copy.

t1vg6.jpg

02tr7.jpg

1jl4.jpg

ttajtw0.jpg

tpyrnp5.jpg

image66ib7pf5.jpg
every Mosque & Churches Look alike like each other so whats ur Point ... Stop being a Indian Troller in a Indian thread ... U have said enough & we have given u enough Explanation... & we Dont owe u More than this...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom