What's new

World’s cheapest airlines: Two Indian airlines named in top five

Laozi

Reaction score
Country
India

The data was analysed by taking into account the economy class airfares displayed by Rome2rio during the first two months of this year, totalling some 1.5mn price points. The report compared 200 major airlines across continents

Indigo-Airlines.jpg

Indigo at number 5

Air-India-Express.jpg

Air India Express at number 2

Air-India-Jet-Airways.jpg

While Jet Airways and Air India are at 12th & 13th spot

Many a times air tickets are cheaper than Railways executive chair car in India

No, PIA should also be included as sometimes back they brought passengers standing on aisle.

Not sure about Indigo, but Air India's presence at no. 2 as the cheapest airline makes sense. People start puking after seeing their flight-attendants, they gotta invest more on this sector.

Flying cheap airlines gives me the jitters, hence why I never use them. Aviation maintenance and other checks are not cheap, I just wonder just how much can you cut costs before they start to impinge on safety.

Aviation maintenance and other checks are not cheap, I just wonder just how much can you cut costs before they start to impinge on safety.

These are all mandated by law. The cost cutting comes from elsewhere. Hence why Etihad can operate both at very expensive and quite cheap too (ranked here at no 6)....it would actually be more expensive for them to follow different protocols/tiers for maintenance and safety.

These are all mandated by law. The cost cutting comes from elsewhere. Hence why Etihad can operate both at very expensive and quite cheap too (ranked here at no 6)....it would actually be more expensive for them to follow different protocols/tiers for maintenance and safety.

Law is a very subjective field, although in aviation there some tough standards to follow. But with the mishaps that have happened with low cost airlines, which are now becoming an occurrence way past the comfortable realm of things, I'll stay well clear.

Since when Qantas and Etihad become top 10 cheapest airlines. My experience tells me a different story and take this listing with a grain of salt.

They have budget airline subsidiaries and budget routes.

Law is a very subjective field, although in aviation there some tough standards to follow. But with the mishaps that have happened with low cost airlines, which are now becoming an occurrence way past the comfortable realm of things, I'll stay well clear.

Fair enough, but the incidence/accident rate is largely about the same for everyone when you do on per km/per passenger normalised basis....and still 1000's time safer than road travel at any stretch by same metric.

I would stay away from countries airlines that do not have strong legal framework (example a FAR-based aviation regime especially) however, esp for travel between or within such countries (given only developed countries do impose sanctions on their end)....budget airlines or not.

Summon my war generals

india must not be allowed to step up

chill i am no usrael zionist :3

Fair enough, but the incidence/accident rate is largely about the same for everyone when you do on per km/per passenger normalised basis....and still 1000's time safer than road travel at any stretch by same metric.

I would stay away from countries airlines that do not have strong legal framework (example a FAR-based aviation regime especially) however, esp for travel between or within such countries (given only developed countries do impose sanctions on their end)....budget airlines or not.

Budget airlines can't match bigger airlines for safety it's a matter of economies of scale bro, which budget airlines can't do. There's a reason why the top 20 airlines on the planet for safety are all big long-haul carriers.

See here;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/safest-airlines-2018/

More information here;

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/top-20-safest-airlines-2018/

I agree I wouldn't be going anywhere with any airline which hasn't gone through the IOSA hoops.

Flying cheap airlines gives me the jitters, hence why I never use them. Aviation maintenance and other checks are not cheap, I just wonder just how much can you cut costs before they start to impinge on safety.
Well the cost cutting are almost always targeted at the customer's comfort. I don't like cheap flights either but the real advantage is when you gotta be somewhere real fast without planning.

Plus, you can always conduct your own pre flight checks for safety :tup:

Back
Top Bottom