What's new

World SOF/SF units tier list.

Metal 0-1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This thread is for tier list of Special Forces around the world.
This is the tier list I've been working on lately. This list is unbiased. Whole ranking is based on success and experience of the units.
special-forces-of-the-world-tier-list-694015-1607674695.png

S Category: UK SAS, SBS and US Army 1st SFOD-D.

A: Category: Green Berets, US Navy SEALS and Canadian JTF-2.

B: Russian Alpha Group, German KSK, Pakistani SSG, Australian SAS-R, Polish GROM, French GIGN, Israeli Sayeret Matkal, GRU Spetsnaz, New Zealand SAS, FSB Vympel, Canadian SOR, Pakistani SSG-Navy, Israeli Shyetet-13.

C: US MARSOC, Spanish Naval Special Warfare Group, 75th Rangers, Royal Marine Commandos, French 1st SAS.

D: Italian Navy SF, Sweden SOTG, Frogman Corps-Denmark, Norwegian FSK, Danish Jaegar Corps, Netherlands KCT, Indian MARCOS, Turk Navy SAT, Portuguese Commandos, Philippines NAVSOCOM, Iraqi SF, Belgium army SOG, Indian Para SF Indonesian PASKA, Czech 601st SF, Turk Army OKK, Swiss KSK, Malaysian PASKAL, Kopassus, PLA SOF, Egyptian Sakka, Jordanian SOCOM, Japanese SOG.

Feel Free to contribute to list and suggest your views.

Last edited:
Useless debate .
pakistani soldier kernal sher khan was from SSG ?

This is the tier list I've been working on lately. This list is unbiased. Whole ranking is based on success and experience of the units.
View attachment 696035

B: Russian Alpha Group, German KSK, Pakistani SSG, Australian SAS-R, Polish GROM, French GIGN, Israeli Sayeret Matkal, GRU Spetsnaz, New Zealand SAS, FSB Vympel, Canadian SOR, Pakistani SSG-Navy, Israeli Shyetet-13.

C: US MARSOC, Spanish Naval Special Warfare Group, 75th Rangers, Royal Marine Commandos, French 1st SAS.

D: Italian Navy SF, Sweden SOTG, Frogman Corps-Denmark, Norwegian FSK, Danish Jaegar Corps, Netherlands KCT, Indian MARCOS, Turk Navy SAT, Portuguese Commandos, Philippines NAVSOCOM, Iraqi SF, Belgium army SOG, Indian Para SF Indonesian PASKA, Czech 601st SF, Turk Army OKK, Swiss KSK, Malaysian PASKAL, Kopassus, PLA SOF, Egyptian Sakka, Jordanian SOCOM, Japanese SOG.

SSG-N on par with SSG?

Canadian JTF for real?

Them greenies with some good goodies didn't do shiz.

View attachment 696035

KSK has been disbanded because of Nazism spreading like a cancer. They were on the brink of seizing the country through a coupe d'tat. Read about it on DW.

Canadian JTF for real?

Them greenies with some good goodies didn't do shiz.
They were once top of the food chain Afghanistan. Most of their Ops are classified even they deploy in secrecy.
KSK has been disbanded because of Nazism spreading like a cancer. They were on the brink of seizing the country through a coupe d'tat. Read about it on DW.
Not permanently. It was temporary.Group is still active.

View attachment 696035

Iraqi SF fought real hard for their country. In one of the videos I believe I've one or two SSG oberver/advisors in contact along with Iraqi SF against daesh.

OKK aka bordo bereliler also did great in Syria against daesh then later in Afrin. SAT has also been a great partner for SSGN historically.
View attachment 696035

I thought Alpha group and Spetsnaz were the same thing? What's the difference?
View attachment 696035

You should also do a ranking of ancient special forces like Samurai vs Ninja vs Mamluks vs Knights Templar vs Janissary vs Queen's rangers etc.

Last edited:
Iraqi SF fought real hard for their country. In one of the videos I believe I've one or two SSG oberver/advisors in contact along with Iraqi SF against daesh.

OKK aka bordo bereliler also did great in Syria against daesh then later in Afrin. SAT has also been a great partner for SSGN historically.

Spetsznaz is umbrella term for Special Forces. Alpha Group FSB elite CT unit

Back in the days there were only GRU Spetsznaz.
Iraqi SF fought real hard for their country. In one of the videos I believe I've one or two SSG oberver/advisors in contact along with Iraqi SF against daesh
Please share.

Spetsznaz is umbrella term for Special Forces. Alpha Group FSB elite CT unit

Back in the days there were only GRU Spetsznaz.

Please share.
It's been made unavailable now. I believe some Irani had shared it here. Or maybe I stumbled on it on Youtube. But yeah the guys defo were SSG with woodland and the way they moved, and carried themselves. Also doubt any arab militaries use woodland.

They were in a fierce firefight to take a town after crossing a river bridge. It was no cake walk. Iraqis fought tooth and nail with what little they had man.

special warfare needed huge support force nowdays, thus how the country would be able to support their special force unit is very crucial.

for example, not every nation has a 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment stand by 24/7, not every nation has an aircraft carrier group, satellite, EW units ready to support their operators.
Spetsnaz simply means special force in Russian, Alpha group belongs to FSB, they are only active within Russian border, they have established a new unit named SSO (Russian's tier one unit) since 2010, which they are very active in Ukrine, Syria.

Last edited:
View attachment 696035

While this list clearly looks biased which isn't surprising, why don't you elaborate on what basis you classified and segregated the units?

While I'm aware of the capabilities of SSG...it's evident that the list is biased when you placed SSG-N in the same category as SSG

While this list clearly looks biased which isn't surprising, why don't you elaborate on what basis you classified and segregated the units?

While I'm aware of the capabilities of SSG...it's evident that the list is biased when you placed SSG-N in the same category as SSG
Training, Equipment, Success and Popularity are my criteria. SSG is higher up on the list. There is a ranking also in category.

I have given link above in my post. Please change anything you want. Come up with another list. This would be much appreciated.

What is the criteria for classifying special forces units ? A lot of American special forces troops do mundane things like educating, training and motivating foreign personnel.

Back
Top Bottom