What's new

10 Best Special Forces in the world

hahaha

Any list that puts Canadians on top of everyone is a bogus list. WTF have they done lately. Same goes for Norway, Poland, German. Don't get me wrong. Training is one thing, daily operations is entirely another.

Appropriate ranking: Tier 1: DELTA, ST6, 24th STS, Shayetet 13, SSG, Para SF, Marcos, Special Frontier Force (Special Group), Garuds, Alpha Group, SAS-The Increment, SBS, Mistaravim, Sayaret Matkal, Spetznas, French Naval Units. These folks not only have cutting edge training but the tempo of operations they carry out keeps them honed like the cutting edge of a beautiful DOVO straight razor.

SSG/ Para SF/ Garuds/ Marcos have among the longest trainings in the world with basic training last over 3-4 years. During this time SSG troopers and their counters in India spend extensive time in some of the world's most rugged regions. I would rate them higher than anyone else in terms of over-all training, tactics and sheer ingenuity. DELTA, ST6, Israelis, SAS and Russians are only slightly better in terms of technology & the way they are employed. But these days SSG, Marcos, Para SF, SSF, SG etc. are being equipped just as well.

India only lags behind in employability I.e the organizational structures, as of now we do not have a unified Special operations command but that will change soon.

Actually the subcontinent is home to the best commandos on the planet. Average SEAL/ SAS trooper would have trouble breathing and fighting effectively in parts of Kashmir or Rajasthan or East in the jungles where our folks train and conduct operations daily.

Having been part of the British army and being early employers of the SAS style, combined with local geographical and topographical needs require our forces to be a cut above the rest. This is also why India takes SSG very seriously just as Pak takes Indian counters very seriously.

As for the others mentioned in the list, well the average Gurkha Ghatak platoon or Para Airborne trooper is much better trained while being audaciously fierce.

Back
Top Bottom