What's new

World Largest Gold and Copper Mine Reko Diq Balochistan

World largest Coal mine, World 2nd largest Salt mines, World largest Gold and Copper mine, alot of Oil and Natural gas resources, who says we are poor

We are dame rich!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
They are under our feet!
Thousands of feet down there!
We just need a Loan to make mines and then we will be:
United States of Pakistan :rofl:

In Pakistan where NATO containers pass through customs without recording, what will happen when those containers are full of GOLD and going out of Pakistan?

Barrick owns a 37.5% interest in Reko Diq!

And before that, TCC owns 75%

Now do the math and see what is left for Pakistan......

:frown: That should be our gold mine, owned by the GOP. Not by some foreign company.

That is Pakistani gold and copper, we need to make our own mines.
I wish our govt would exploit Pakistan's natural resources.

I never said they are landlords!

Its a percentage of an interest as per its contractual value or share.

Any contract sign by the most corrupt man on the earth.. hold no value and will be challenged in courts once he is done with his democrazy.

World largest Coal mine, World 2nd largest Salt mines, World largest Gold and Copper mine, alot of Oil and Natural gas resources, who says we are poor

We are dame rich!! :pakistan:

but brother we have Mr. 10% and Co :tdown:

therefore we are beggers

Tethyan Copper to go on with Reko Diq project
Monday, October 25, 2010

10-25-2010_3675_l_u.gif

DUBAI: A $3 billion foreign joint-venture copper and gold mining project in Baluchistan will go ahead as planned despite plans by the provincial government to cancel it, an executive said on Monday.

The provincial government said earlier this year it would cancel the project to ease anger in Pakistan's biggest but poorest province over outsiders' exploitation of its natural resources.

"The project is going ahead and will not be cancelled, we are now in talks with the government and we expect production to start by the end of 2015," Gerhard Von Borries, chief executive of Tethyan Copper Co. Ltd., said on the sidelines of an industry event in Dubai.

Tethyan Copper Co. Ltd is a joint venture between Canada's Barrick Gold and Chile's Antofagasta Plc, one of the world's largest copper miners.

It had been granted exploration licence for Reko Diq site in 2006. The site's ore reserves, a mixture of minerals including gold and copper, are estimated at more than 4 billion tonnes.

"The copper deposits are relatively low grade and we estimate the cash cost to be 85 cents per pound," Borries said.

"Once production starts we are planning to double our investment in the project, so we'll add another $3 billion," he added.

The provincial government owns 25 percent of the project, while the remaining is owned by Tethyan Copper, Borries said.

"Under the current plan the government would need to come up with its own equity, but we can also finance them with a very low interest rate ... we are also looking at employing 90 percent of the workforce from the local community."

Baluchistan is Pakistan's biggest province in terms of area but only has an estimated 10 million to 12 million of the country's 165 million people.

The province is home to one of the largest copper deposits in the world. China's Metallurgical Construction Co. (MCC) operates the Saindak mine, which has estimated ore reserves of 412 million tonnes.

seriously I am not happy to see this project going

Balochistan or Federal Government must have at least 50% of the share
25% is too less, too little

If we reduce 50% of corruption we can easily spend billions of $$ to make industry/factories/machinery to develop these resources for us....

We are under this pressure (we cant do anything we dont have money) this presssure without even know is that really true or not... we actually destroy us....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom