What's new

World Bank Reports Pakistani Kids Outperform Indian Kids in Math

sab khairiyat to hai,,,yeh sab kya hae??
pehle baccha enroll hoga ,uske baad attendence hai ya nai dekhenge...agar admission hi nai liya toh attendence,learning ka chance hae hi nai.:D
I understand ....

But lets say 90% enroll ho giyea...what is the chance of advancement in those kids? School ka mahol kaysa hai? How are the teachers ya sirf enrollment par cheering hori hai? :unsure:

I understand ....

But lets say 90% enroll ho giyea...what is the chance of advancement in those kids? School ka mahol kaysa hai? How are the teachers ya sirf enrollment par cheering hori hai? :unsure:
ok.
90% school ja rahe hae,,,,wo kitna kya sikhenge,,uska toh pata nai,,,lekin baki 10% jo school nai ja rahe,unse jyada sikhenge(thats 100%) :D
therfore going to school(chahe wo kitna bhi ghatiya ho) is better thn not going to any.

Cheating in school tests is an old Indian problem.

But the malpractice literally scaled new heights this week in the eastern state of Bihar when relatives of 10th-grade students climbed the wall of a school building and perched precariously from windows of classrooms as they handed cheat sheets to children writing the tests inside.

Photographs and videos showing parents, friends and others scaling the school wall — Spiderman-style — went viral in India on Thursday. Police officers standing nearby watched helplessly.

Cheating is common in schools in remote rural areas in India, where jobs and seats in college courses are few but competition is fierce. But the sight of parents risking their life and limbs to climb the walls shocked many Indians.

Under Bihar’s anti-cheating law, dozens of 12th-grade students were expelled and their parents detained last month in cases of cheating in tests.

Many students in India drop out of school because they fail to pass the tough standardized tests in their 10th and 12th grades.

Education experts say that cheating is just a symptom of the deeper problems that plague India's education system, such as teacher absenteeism, emphasis on rote learning and inadequate school infrastructure.

A recent study by the Pratham Education Foundation showed that only 48 percent of fifth-grade students could read a second-grade textbook.

“According to the reports we received, there have been complaints about cheating in many places, especially in rural areas,” P.K. Sahi, education minister of Bihar, told reporters on Thursday. “Is this just the responsibility of the government? Is it possible for the government to conduct fair tests without public support? You tell us what can the government do to stop cheating if parents and relatives are not ready to cooperate?”

Authorities expelled nearly 500 students from the tests, according to local media reports.

#India parents climbed a school wall to help their kids cheat on an exam These Indian parents climbed a school wall to help their kids cheat on an exam - The Washington Post

this is how

Video: Parents scale school walls to help students cheat in exam in India - Telegraph

It makes me wonder with such poor level of Maths in India, how come we are producing thousands of engineers per year, millions of art graduates. By the way, have you benchmarked Indian education system for comparison? Are you trying to emulate it? Do let me know if you produce better quality engineers than India or if you produce more no. of engineers per year? Somehow this evaluation seems hard to digest.

Pakistan is better race than Indian for sure.

The kind of hard work people put in to show India in bad light!!!!!!!!

And???? the point of your post? digging up a dead thread.. just for this?

I will ask you again... are you trying to emulate Indian Education system?

Yes, we know the shortcomings in our education system, and yes cheating is big problem in states like UP, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh etc but its not so much prevalent elsewhere . But still we do produce far more engineer than you can ever imagine and far more Indian are working in places for cutting edge tech R&D globally. And the real worth/knowledge of a person comes to fore while working in professional environment and a person who attained a degree with cheating wont be able to sustain.

By the way, if the Pakistani kids are so smart, why don't we see Pakistan as a shining beacon of Science and Technology in Asia. Where do these "super-smart" Pakistani kids go after finishing education? To drive Taxis in London/NY? Lolz...

Does not surprise me, remember 0 was discovered in Multan :)

50ab413a5b773a9268a468d658d9bae6324242ede81702a4b8cd21eef584e573.jpg

Very good if true............

Because more poor kids go to school in India than Pakistan due to mid day mean program.
Do you even know whats are the stats for school enrollment and literacy rate in India and Pakistan ?

Such duplicitous cherry picking of stats to serve your agenda might make you feel good but it does nothing to improve conditions on the ground
Pakistan has second lowest school enrolment: study - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

School enrollment, primary (% net) | Data | Table

All your stats show is that poor kids in India go to school but can't perform well in math while poor kids in Pakistan don't go to school at all!
And yet you omit and twist facts to present it as something for Pakistan can be proud of!!

Really pathetic.

Thanks for Info.

What the H E L L,what is World Bank doing.Plus i don't agree ii go to school myself and students here are very crap at Maths,i wonder how things are in India ? @utraash ,@levina ?

Pakistani adults are not far behind. They are miles ahead of Indian adults in meth.

meth-user.jpg

Pakistanis are Einsteins of the world. Given the chance, every single one of them can out do Ramanujam. I don't why Riaz, forget to mention that.

Also Riaz, stop comparing yourself with India, its beneath you. You should compare yourself with some aliens with superior brains.

What the H E L L,what is World Bank doing.Plus i don't agree ii go to school myself and students here are very crap at Maths,i wonder how things are in India ? @utraash ,@levina ?

I couldn't understand the role of WB here .....
I have no problem if Pakistanis beats us in more meaningful n healthy way.... Kudos to kids .... Waj we have mindless competition here in Indian cities/towns where even a three yr old kid has to prove to get admission in good schools .... Rural side we have pathetic system....

Back
Top Bottom