What's new

World air forces, India

Secrets are leaking...........go through this.

PLA-AF and PLA-N Air Base Infrastructure

:police:

:crazy: whats secret in this link!!!!!!!

OK let me paste it here

Background:

Basing infrastructure is a vital prerequisite for air operations. Runways, dispersal areas, fuel infrastructure, resupply pipleines for fuel replenishment, munitions storage all contribute to the effectiveness of a military air base. Base hardening and facilities dispersal in turn contribute to the survivability of the base.

The PLA has the most extensive and well developed basing infrastructure in Asia, and it competes in numbers with the former Soviet and US basing infrastructures. While many bases are legacy sites from the Cold War, a significant proportion of these have been subjected to extensive upgrades for dual civil-military use, retaining revetments and taxiways but gaining a runway rated for airliners rather than fighters, and a civil terminal facility. Most PLA-AF and PLA-N bases use extensive networks of dispersal revetments, and a 13 or more are 'superhardened' using large squadron or regiment sized underground hangars, tunnelled into hillsides.

During the Cold War period the PLA constructed much of the air base infrastructure along an arc from Mongolia across the northern provinces and down the coastal arc to the Vietnamese border. This was a byproduct of the strategic imperative to defend against the Soviet threat, and pre-Nixon, the perceived US threat in the Far East.

Since the fall of the Soviet Union, the PLA's imperatives have shifted, resulting in a large scale effort to construct dual use and military airfields across the Tibetan Plateau and the Western provinces, spanning the Chengdu and Lanzhou MRs [Tibet proper falls across the boundaries of these two MRs]. This effort has been paralleled by the construction of airfields in Chengdu MR, north of Burma, and inside Burma under the umbrella of military aid. The specific strategic aims are containment of India in the West, and the 'Second Island Chain' strategy in the Southern and Eastern provinces.

This reference page catalogues over 200 military and dual use airfields. It includes Google Earth KMZ files for air bases and civil airports where the identity of the base can be established with some confidence. As all data is open source, APA cannot guarantee that the data is comprehensive or up to date in every instance. The site will be updated as more open source data and high resolution imagery becomes available.

Notes and Abbreviations:

AB - Air Base.
Int - International Airport.
AFLD - Airfield.
APT - Airport.
Civil - refers to airfields which are dual use or civil (available for military use in contingency).
PLAN - PLA Naval Air Arm basing; all other military sites assumed to be PLA-AF.
FA - Flight Academy.
FD - Fighter Division.
GAD - Ground Attack Division.
F/GAD - Fighter Ground Attack Division.
BD - Bomber Division.
TD - Transport Division.
RWY - Runway Length in [ft].
CTA - Concrete Tarmac Area; an unprotected paved parking area, sometimes arranged as parking bays.
RVT - Revetment; a parking area usually protected by a berm, capable of accommodating 1 to 3 aircraft.
CVR - Lightweight sheetmetal 'carport' or semicylindrical parking cover.
HAS - Hardened Aircraft Shelter; concrete bomb resistant shelters.
UGH - Under Ground Hangar; typically tunnelled into a hillside.
LoRes - Image resolution too low to assess detail with confidence.

OK let me paste it here

If I read it correctly it was meant to be sarcastic that these information are no more secrets and is widely available on the net.

Btw can we get back to the thread instead of getting into china specific info. You are free to open a new thread for the PLAF

If I read it correctly it was meant to be sarcastic that these information are no more secrets and is widely available on the net.

Btw can we get back to the thread instead of getting into china specific info. You are free to open a new thread for the PLAF

Both information (indian and Plaaf) presented here are totally different.
Check out first post! you will notice that every minute detail is presented their, but only background etc is available for PLAAF on Internet.

Seriously.. now please..
I personally find the indian air force a bit in small numbers..
I mean 3/4 of the air force are really crap and old..
AND WHY THE **** IS IT ALL RUSSIAN PLANES?
RUSSIA IS BUYING EUROPEAN STUFF NOW..
RUSSIA IS NOT A WORLD POWER ANYMORE..
India should stop business with russia.
Russia only offers crappy planes and tanks without full tech and assembled.

Seriously.. now please..

give same advice to china as well.

OK let me paste it here

No secrets my dear.........just want to show that Chinese brother that informations like base locations, maps, etc., are no more secrets. They are even avaliable to normal people like us. So u can imagine what kind of informations Defense Services have about other countries.:mps:

Last edited:
Seriously.. now please..

ARE'NT THESE BETTER THAN COPIES VERSIONS OF SO CALLED RUSSIAN STUFF? u even use Russian engines in ur copied aircrafts can u deny that..?

Both information (indian and Plaaf) presented here are totally different.
Check out first post! you will notice that every minute detail is presented their, but only background etc is available for PLAAF on Internet.

First post was from "Jane's World Air Forces" magazine. You can also find detailed information about other countries' air forces in that, China's too.

In case, you don't have subscription for Jane's magazine, Wikipedia can give you great information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom