What's new

Workers dig up Tipu era cannon weighing more than a ton during Metro work

Tipu came in to the Indian region through the west right?

Shared history bro.

Since you claim to be secular, you should kill some Hindus, Christians and Parsis too.

who me .. r u kidding . me just a blood thirsty yindoo.. typical baharati.

It was written by Dr. "Allama Muhammad Iqbal"

Cheen-o-Arab hamara, Hindustan hamara

Muslim main hum, watan hai sara jahan hamara

Tauheed ki amanat senon main hai hamarey

Asan nahin mitana naam-o-nishaan hamara

Duniya kay bu’t kadon main, wo pehla ghar Khuda ka

Hum uss kay pasban hain, wo pasban hamara

Baatil say dabney waley, aey Asman! nahin hum

Sou baar ker chuka hai Tu imtihan hamara

Salar-e-Karwan hai Meer-e-Hijaaz (PBUH) apna

Iss naam say hai baaqi, aaram-e-jahan hamara

Iqbal ka tarana baang-e-dara hai goya

Hota hai jada paima, phir karwan hamara..

Are you talking about this?

[video=metacafe;yt-vjKfCQTZM3o/cheen_o_arab_hamara/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-vjKfCQTZM3o/cheen_o_arab_hamara/[/video]

But frankly at present things are more like this:

Cheen-o-arab hamaaraa, hindostaaN hamaaraa
rahne ko ghar nahiiN hai, saaraa jahaaN hamaaraa
cheen-o-arab hamaaraa …

kholii bhi chhin gayi hai, bencheN bhii chhin gaiiN haiN
saRakoN pe ghumtaa hai, ab kaarvaaN hamaaraa
jebeN haiN apani khaali, kyoN detaa varnaa gaali
vo santari hamaaraa, vo paasabaaN hamaaraa
cheen-o-arab hamaaraa…

jitani bhi bilDiNgeN thiiN, seThoN ne baaNT lii haiN
fuTpaath bambaii ke haiN aashiyaaN hamaaraa
sone ko ham kalandar, aate haiN borii bandar
har ek coolie yahaaN hai raazadaaN hamaaraa
cheen-o-arab hamaaraa….

Taaliim hai adhuri, miltii nahiiN majuurii
maaluum kya kisiko, dard-e-nihaaN hamaaraa
cheen-o-arab hamaaraa…

[video=metacafe;yt-BWfHRCxDlk8/cheen_o_arab_hamara/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-BWfHRCxDlk8/cheen_o_arab_hamara/[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
yes very correct ,and those from Travancore are very proud of their victory against sultan

Reminds me of a recent event,

My friend from travancore,a family of these dalawas and a girl who belonged to Tipu Sultan's family settled in madurai recently got married.

Whew,who would have thought it would happen.

Tipu was also a religious bigot. He committed untold atrocities on Christians of the konkan coast. Many hindus also suffered during his time.
Hyder Ali & Tipu Sultan were usurpers of power from Wodeyars, the legitimate rulers of Mysore

Usurpers? Legitimate? That's funny.:lol:

Can anyone tell me what was ethnicity of tipu sultan??? Whether he was tamil, telugu, malyali or kannadiga???

Can anyone tell me what was ethnicity of tipu sultan??? Whether he was tamil, telugu, malyali or kannadiga???

Kannadiga, but it is said that he hardly favored the language rather promoting persian/urdu as the primary language.

Are you talking about this?

[video=metacafe;yt-vjKfCQTZM3o/cheen_o_arab_hamara/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-vjKfCQTZM3o/cheen_o_arab_hamara/[/video]

But frankly at present things are more like this:

Cheen-o-arab hamaaraa, hindostaaN hamaaraa
rahne ko ghar nahiiN hai, saaraa jahaaN hamaaraa
cheen-o-arab hamaaraa …

kholii bhi chhin gayi hai, bencheN bhii chhin gaiiN haiN
saRakoN pe ghumtaa hai, ab kaarvaaN hamaaraa
jebeN haiN apani khaali, kyoN detaa varnaa gaali
vo santari hamaaraa, vo paasabaaN hamaaraa
cheen-o-arab hamaaraa…

jitani bhi bilDiNgeN thiiN, seThoN ne baaNT lii haiN
fuTpaath bambaii ke haiN aashiyaaN hamaaraa
sone ko ham kalandar, aate haiN borii bandar
har ek coolie yahaaN hai raazadaaN hamaaraa
cheen-o-arab hamaaraa….

Taaliim hai adhuri, miltii nahiiN majuurii
maaluum kya kisiko, dard-e-nihaaN hamaaraa
cheen-o-arab hamaaraa…

[video=metacafe;yt-BWfHRCxDlk8/cheen_o_arab_hamara/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-BWfHRCxDlk8/cheen_o_arab_hamara/[/video]

Error ! you were unable to comprehend what this poetry meant. Too deep for you to understand. Carry one with your heroics.

Last edited by a moderator:
due to attrocities he commited hindus and christians in kerala decided to support britishers against him

In fact, British Army who stationed for the protection of Travancore never fought with Tipu's army...they marched in front of Brit Army towards Tvm coz they did not get the 'orders' from Madras to confront.

In fact, British Army who stationed for the protection of Travancore never fought with Tipu's army...they marched in front of Brit Army towards Tvm coz they did not get the 'orders' from Madras to confront.

In effect, they played the game very well, making the indian people fight with each other and gaining the land through their weekness.

I am a Bangalorean and a former Mysorean. Being a Bangalorean and a former Mysorean means we are taught that Tipu Sultan was a brave and heroic Sultan, who was a staunch patriot and fought against the British and their allies. The invasion of surrounding states by Tipu is seen as defeating the allies of British.

At the same time, we see the invading armies of Marathas and their alliance with the Nizam and British as treason. Lols cause am a Maratha :D I love my India for being so diverse, yet one. :)

Usurpers? Legitimate? That's funny.:lol:

Not funny when you read this about how Hyder Ali became the ruler of Mysore.
Hyder Ali: Born Hyder Naik, he distinguished himself militarily, eventually drawing the attention of Mysore's rulers. Rising to the post of dalwai, or commander-in-chief to Krishnaraja Wodeyar II, he came to dominate the titular monarch and the Mysore government, and eventually seized control of all of the reins of power.

Not funny when you read this about how Hyder Ali became the ruler of Mysore.

I'm aware of Hyder Ali's history, just amused that you think some Maharaja's are legitimate & others are usurpers. It is not as if the people of Mysore had chosen the Wodeyars through elections. They were as legitimate or illegitimate as anyone who came before or after.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom