What's new

Workers dig up Tipu era cannon weighing more than a ton during Metro work

Tipu Sultan is revered as a hero and taught as the same in our text books. Fondly he is nicknamed as the Tiger of Mysore and his Palace in Srirangapatna is well maintained.

One thing has always intrigued me. Mysore is thousands of km's away from Pakistan. Now it's ok for pakistanis to revere him since he was a Muslim and all, but to name your navy ships and all as Tipu Sultan is a bit far fetched, dont you think? Atleast Mughal empire ruled parts of Pakistan, but Tipu's rule was far far away!

Tipu Sultan is revered as a hero and taught as the same in our text books. Fondly he is nicknamed as the Tiger of Mysore and his Palace in Srirangapatna is well maintained.

One thing has always intrigued me. Mysore is thousands of km's away from Pakistan. Now it's ok for pakistanis to revere him since he was a Muslim and all, but to name your navy ships and all as Tipu Sultan is a bit far fetched, dont you think? Atleast Mughal empire ruled parts of Pakistan, but Tipu's rule was far far away!

Tipu came in to the Indian region through the west right?

Shared history bro.

sorry i just killed 5 muslim for this offence.

Since you claim to be secular, you should kill some Hindus, Christians and Parsis too.

Tipu came in to the Indian region through the west right?

Shared history bro.

Tipu himself was born in Devanhalli, the present location of Bangalore International Airport. Infact his grandfather also was born near the same place, though the ancestors might or might not have come from west ( various theories says persia arabs afghans..). Shared history is all fine, but all this history happened in way down South, traditionally which has been virtually cut off from the present day pakistan. Even then, revering is fine but still i believe that its lil far fetched that you would name national defence assets based on him.

Tipu himself was born in Devanhalli, the present location of Bangalore International Airport. Infact his grandfather also was born near the same place, though the ancestors might or might not have come from west ( various theories says persia arabs afghans..). Shared history is all fine, but all this history happened in way down South, traditionally which has been virtually cut off from the present day pakistan. Even then, revering is fine but still i believe that its lil far fetched that you would name national defence assets based on him.

some of you guys are saying he was an invader and now you are saying he was a native
Please make up your mind.

And there is nothing wrong with revering a great man, we have Mustafa Kamal attaturk street in Islamabad even though he is from Turkey.
Personally I really like Tipu Sultana and think his face should be on our money along with Arungzeb and other great Muslim leaders of the subcontinent.

some of you guys are saying he was an invader and now you are saying he was a native

A bigoted fanatic is a bigoted fanatic, whether converted native or outsider.

The fact that Emperor Akbar had some foreign blood does not stop us from appreciating his wise policies in the latter part of his reign. He had the honesty to introspect and reject the fanaticism which he had been brought up with.

correction: tippu was not king. technically he was a delinquent employee of mysore state.

Not really, one could argue his father Hyder Ali was, but Tipu Sutan was never in the pay of the Mysore Maharajas.

Muslim ruled india was a truly great civilization. Just look at the Taj Mahal! I hope india one day will return to that greatness.

lol u know nothing about India why do you have to bring religion in to the thread? plus Muslims ruled India because Hinduism is very tolerant towards others. We believe all religions led to god. And in Hindu faith a hindu can even convert to a beigng a Muslim or a christian bottom line is "all religions lead to the same god" this is Hinduism and read more about India not Hindus or Muslims.

When it comes to India we are neither Muslims nor Hindus we are INDIANS!

ps: stop trolling...... and do read more of our history its glorious just like the Chinese history.

the people in Kerela treat him as an invader. During his time situation was different, there was no India(of today) and no feeling of Indianess. But, our histrory books treat him as a great warrior and hero who stood up against the foreign colonials : the British

And there is nothing wrong with revering a great man, we have Mustafa Kamal attaturk street in Islamabad even though he is from Turkey.
Personally I really like Tipu Sultana and think his face should be on our money along with Arungzeb and other great Muslim leaders of the subcontinent.
True. Even in New Delhi we have roads and streets named after so many foreign people.

It was written by Dr. "Allama Muhammad Iqbal"

Cheen-o-Arab hamara, Hindustan hamara

Muslim main hum, watan hai sara jahan hamara

Tauheed ki amanat senon main hai hamarey

Asan nahin mitana naam-o-nishaan hamara

Duniya kay bu’t kadon main, wo pehla ghar Khuda ka

Hum uss kay pasban hain, wo pasban hamara

Baatil say dabney waley, aey Asman! nahin hum

Sou baar ker chuka hai Tu imtihan hamara

Salar-e-Karwan hai Meer-e-Hijaaz (PBUH) apna

Iss naam say hai baaqi, aaram-e-jahan hamara

Iqbal ka tarana baang-e-dara hai goya

Hota hai jada paima, phir karwan hamara..

Tipu was also a religious bigot. He committed untold atrocities on Christians of the konkan coast. Many hindus also suffered during his time.
Hyder Ali & Tipu Sultan were usurpers of power from Wodeyars, the legitimate rulers of Mysore

Back
Top Bottom