What's new

Workers dig up Tipu era cannon weighing more than a ton during Metro work

:P still the same Taj Mahal is a soruce of big incom for you.

:hitwall: Seriously, the cost of maintaining that monument itself runs into crores. forget the last 350 years these 'tourist income' won't return the cost of building it, even for the next 1000 yrs.
Not to forget that king's stupidity of decorating the walls with gems and rubies which must be in British museums now!

correction: tippu was not king. technically he was a delinquent employee of mysore state.

he was a conquerer and a great Muslim leader.....
In your history he may be "made to look like" insignificant...on purpose.

:hitwall: Seriously, the cost of maintaining that monument itself runs into crores. forget the last 350 years these 'tourist income' won't return the cost of building it, even for the next 1000 yrs.
Not to forget that king's stupidity of decorating the walls with gems and rubies which must be in British museums now!

then why dont you raze it to avoid the cost?

The last time we had seen that due to negligence the monument turned YELLOW

Tipu Sultan is my childhood hero! When i was a kid there was only one Bangladeshi channel, it used to telecast a drama Tipu Sultan! I was big fan!!!

Muslim ruled india was a truly great civilization. Just look at the Taj Mahal! I hope india one day will return to that greatness.

The Ming Dynasty also did a great job in China for 276 years from 1368 to 1644.

Would you want it to return or would you like to move on in life ?

for Keralities like me he was an Invader nothing more

The issue is when his grand grand grand daughter was decorated with an award recently for being spy against Nazis, it was non other than likes of you from India who termed the daughter of Tipu Sultan the invader as Indian :)

he was a conquerer and a great Muslim leader.....
In your history he may be "made to look like" insignificant...on purpose.

Not like that. In our history, he is potrayed as a freedom fighter. he is celebrated in a great way. i studied history like that.
but i liked hyder ali more than tipu anyway.

The issue is when his grand grand grand daughter was decorated with an award recently for being spy against Nazis, it was non other than likes of you from India who termed the daughter of Tipu Sultan the invader as Indian :)

he is obviously wrong. Tipu is celebrated in india. Thats the truth, even if some thinks otherwise.

And who said Tipu was not Indian. Not all people have to like him though. He is considered a hero in most states.

Muslim ruled india was a truly great civilization. Just look at the Taj Mahal! I hope india one day will return to that greatness.

also britished controlled china.. look at HK,, i also hope that afeeem makes comeback to china

tipu sultan, was good or bad is not the question. his cannon was found and will be preserved in a museum.. unlike the destruction of the bamiyan buddha by the pashtuns.

yes ofcourse we consider him as an invader ,we cannot change it for Noor Inayat Khan's achievements,i said as an Keralite from malabar region ,for me the real hero's are those locals who resisted and defeated him...

this how we respect our culture ....be it a Tipu sultan or Akbar or Rani Laxmibai or Veer Shivaji Maharaj or be it Chandragupt ...Religion is not a criteria for your greatness...its your deed that counts.we don't change our history according to our need like some other nation do

This Nation History is like a great saga .......which never Ends...I love my India:toast_sign:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom