What's new

Women's veils a sign of backwardness, says official in China's Xinjiang

What about it ? People are wearing face masks to either protect them from the cold or pollution ? Whats the correlation with a face veil ? Just like the Bedouin men and women had to cover thier faces from the dessert winds .. Not because some archaic slavish tribal custom in the Arabian gulf now propagated as religious dogma

The difference is these people will uncover thier noses and mouths in the Summer or in less polluted environments

Come up with a less stupid argument next time

If you want to fight Muslim, this is not the thread for you.
They ban veil, beard with security reason. So the face mask is similar to veil.

If you want to fight Muslim, this is not the thread for you.
They ban veil, beard with security reason. So the face mask is similar to veil.

Lol.. What ? Who's fighting whom ? Are you dyslexic ?

How is a face mask used to cover the respiratory system for health reasons be equal to a Burka ? Especially when those people can and will remove the face masks whenever needed

Again.. Come up with less stupid argument's here, If i'm not mistaken your take on the thread does not seem to be with subject matter but for some reason some highly anti Chinese view point, Going by the pic you posted

Last edited:
I support China's move.:china: Burqa,hijab, niqab are oppressive dress code for women and should be banned world wide.

I support China's move.:china: Burqa,hijab, niqab are oppressive dress code for women and should be banned world wide.

Only some islamphobe bigot are scare of one extra piece of clothes and want to impose their own like or dislike on others. I am all for people wearing whatever they prefer as long as they reveal their identity at sensitive places like airports, bank, court etc where its necessary for safety

Lol.. What ? Who's fighting whom ? Are you dyslexic ?

How is a face mask used to cover the respiratory system for health reasons be equal to a Burka ? Especially when those people can and will remove the face masks whenever needed

Again.. Come up with less stupid argument's here, If i'm not mistaken your take on the thread does not seem to be with subject matter but for some reason some highly anti Chinese view point, Going by the pic you posted

1. You can't ban any costumes because it belongs to this or that religion, right? Like a nun, a monk, ...
2. Consider a women veil is extremism is wrong. Backwardness or not, it doesn't matter to govt. It's their choice.
3. Somewhere they ban veil because of security reason when people can't be face recognized, so they ban veil.
For this reason, the threat to security of a veil is similar to a face mask.
The question, will you stop the women with veil enter Tiananmen Square while letting others enter with face masks ?
And why ban a man with beard to ride a bus ?
================
The officials ban women to wear something are as backward as the officials request women to wear something.

Last edited:
Sigh.
Burqa is a no no, a security concern too. Not to mention an act at verge of extremism, something prohibited in Islam itself.
But hijab is okay.

What about it ? People are wearing face masks to either protect them from the cold or pollution ? Whats the correlation with a face veil ? Just like the Bedouin men and women had to cover thier faces from the dessert winds .. Not because some archaic slavish tribal custom in the Arabian gulf now propagated as religious dogma

The difference is these people will uncover thier noses and mouths in the Summer or in less polluted environments

Come up with a less stupid argument next time

Well BOQ is just an anti Chinese vietnamese, so anything that comes from China either good or bad will be criticized by him, thought you already knew that. Lol If this Chinese officer said the opposite then believe me he will be saying somethng different totally as well. I dont blame him though, since many Chinese members here also do the same against Vietnam in any thread(anti vietnamese), so guess its just pay back. Fair enough.Lol

Coming to topic, yes full veil especially backward Burqa should be banned in public.

For religious purposes, people can cover their faces in places of worship and in personal spaces dont mind, but at work or in general public, covering the face should be illegal, especially the Burqa.

British people who go to foreign countries, especially those who visit places in the Middle East have to adhere to the dress-code of that culture and religion. Else if they don't it will cause an uproar in these countries. It should work both ways.
Reason many countries are banning the full veil in public.

Holland bans Islamic veil in schools, hospitals and on public transport | World | News | Daily Express

Most Britons want full face veils banned in all public places - Telegraph

French ban on face covering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dutch cabinet approves partial ban on Islamic veil in public areas | World news | The Guardian

Congo-Brazzaville bans Muslim women from wearing full veil; becomes first African country to do so | Mail & Guardian Africa (Mobile edition)

Chad bans full-face veil after two suicide bomb attacks

I dont think that even the Quran mandates women to wear the full veil/burqa unlike many pseudo islamic countries in middle east who have made it as law for women to wear veil/Burqa so they can 'cover up' and avoid tempting/attracting men's sexual desires.lol

Last edited:
Sigh.
Burqa is a no no, a security concern too. Not to mention an act at verge of extremism, something prohibited in Islam itself.
But hijab is okay.

Niqab is ok too?

3kWEDtW.jpg

Prove what you have said. Or I must tell you are totally wrong !!!

Well BOQ is just a anti Chinese vietnamese, so anythng that comes from China either good or bad will be criticized by him, thought you knew that. Lol If this Chinese officer said the opposite then he will be saying somethng different now. I dont blame him though, snce many Chinese members here also do the same against Vietnam, so guess its just pay back. Lol

Coming to topic, yes full veil should be banned in public. For religious purposes, people can cover their faces in places of worship and in personal spaces, but at work or in general public, covering the face should be illegal, especially the Burqa

British people who go to foreign countries, especially those who visit places in the Middle East have to adhere to the dress-code of that culture and religion. Else if they don't it will cause an uproar in these countries. It should work both ways.
Reason many countries are banning the full veil in public.

Holland bans Islamic veil in schools, hospitals and on public transport | World | News | Daily Express

Most Britons want full face veils banned in all public places - Telegraph

French ban on face covering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dutch cabinet approves partial ban on Islamic veil in public areas | World news | The Guardian

Congo-Brazzaville bans Muslim women from wearing full veil; becomes first African country to do so | Mail & Guardian Africa (Mobile edition)

Chad bans full-face veil after two suicide bomb attacks

I dont think that even the Quran mandates women to wear the veil/burqa unlike many islamic countries in midfle east who have made it as law for women to wear veil and cover up so as not to tempt/attract men's sexual desires.lol

This guy no veil, no beard, killed 85
Anders-Behring-Breivik(R).jpg

A naked one would be safest ? but no, it prohibited. you must wear something. And you could put anything under the cover of clothes. Anything

russian.jpg

Last edited:
Niqab is ok too?

3kWEDtW.jpg

Prove what you have said. Or I must tell you are totally wrong !!!

This guy no veil, no beard, killed 85
Anders-Behring-Breivik(R).jpg

A naked one would be safest ? but no, it prohibited. you must wear something.

You and i know very well its the truth. As i said, i don't blame you though, anybody will do the same if they were in your shoes, since Chinese members here also criticize every news reports on here about Vietnam whether good or bad. They are quite anti vietnameae as well. Lol

So i understand your position perfectly bro. Nothing abnormal about that.:D;)

This is legal in Vietnam.
So I think a niqab woman meet no problem in Vietnam.

dsc_0156.jpg

A human being's individuality is his/her face.. Covering that makes that person a mere object.. Cover the hair anything else, but the face is dehumanization that person

And i dont buy this shyt excuses about personal freedom.. Majority of the time it's either cohesion, peer or family pressure, and religious dogma.. A person with choices can wear a bikini and cover up whenever she/he wants to, These women do not have that choice.. So i call the BS that Muslim Men speaking about personal choices behalf of their women

Face veils need to be banned in every progressive society, In public spaces it's both a security risk and utter contempt on basic human rights
Perfect...you took the words out of my mouth mate.

I think if China allowed a woman wear like this in the beach,... ( not look like tradition )
facekini3.png

then no reason to prohibite another woman with veil in public. I feel very normal with that in Malaysia
What is this?

Nice try by foreign funded express tribune ...... a random Chinese officer's opinion on islam doesn't matter for Pakistani people and relationship with china since it was not any kind of official statement ....
long live Pak-China friendship :pakistan::china:

Last edited:
People saying that this is a personal choice ignore the fact that most of these women are either forced or coerced by family/ society. Take the example of Iran, where they have a moral police to enforce burqa.

Muslim women with jobs/ higher education rarely wear burqas/ face veil.

A human being's individuality is his/her face.. Covering that makes that person a mere object.. Cover the hair anything else, but the face is dehumanization that person

And i dont buy this shyt excuses about personal freedom.. Majority of the time it's either cohesion, peer or family pressure, and religious dogma.. A person with choices can wear a bikini and cover up whenever she/he wants to, These women do not have that choice.. So i call the BS that Muslim Men speaking about personal choices behalf of their women

Face veils need to be banned in every progressive society, In public spaces it's both a security risk and utter contempt on basic human rights
Complete BS otherwise tell me the reasons for muslim women protesting in france when they banned veil. Its quiet naive to believe that all women are forced into Hijab and they cannot chose to wear it by their own will

People saying that this is a personal choice ignore the fact that most of these women are either forced or coerced by family/ society. Take the example of Iran, where they have a moral police to enforce burqa.

Muslim women with jobs/ higher education rarely wear burqas/ face veil.
Same can be said for indian women wearing sari that they are forced by their culture and society to wear this dress. Point is what you will say about those women who wear it by their own will without any force and compulsion

Back
Top Bottom