What's new

Women talk more ....study proves it

I like to express myself through written communication and also body language.. I don't consider myself shy but I can't find enough words when I talk.
Kabhi light chali gai or charge na raha mobile me to how will u express nd communicate with your wife then ?

Kabhi light chali gai or charge na raha mobile me to how will u express nd communicate with your wife then ?
:D I'll wait if that ever happened...just kidding I do talk and she also talks. We are not deaf :D. BTW we communicate a lot through non-verbal / body language, for feelings suchas 'I like, I dislike, not interested, getting bored, don't worry, I'm here, etc...words are not needed...just a tap on "baanh" can communicate a few things
But never thought about since never faced it since I got married...here in Sweden there is no such thing...in Pakistan we have PV-system.

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt, dear, but women really do talk more than men (13,000 words a day more to be precise)
  • Researchers have found women have higher levels of Foxp2 protein
  • Team from University of Maryland found male rats - the chattier gender in rodents - make more of the protein than female
  • Previously been claimed that woman speak 20,000 words a day
  • Girls learn to speak earlier and more quickly than boys
By Fiona Macrae Science Correspondent

PUBLISHED: 19:39 GMT, 20 February 2013 | UPDATED: 23:50 GMT, 20 February 2013

View comments

Ladies, the next time the man in your life complains you talk too much, silence him with science.

Tell him - at length, of course - it is all because of the Foxp2 protein.

It has been claimed previously that women speak about 20,000 words a day - some 13,000 more than the average man.

article-2281891-182644C3000005DC-657_634x418.jpg

It has been claimed that women speak about 20,000 words a day - 13,000 more than the average man - and scientists say a higher amount of the Foxp2 protein is the reason women are more chatty

But now scientists have found the key to explaining why women are the more talkative sex.

A study just published suggests that higher levels of the protein are found in the female brain.

RELATED ARTICLES
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
US researchers found that those with more Foxp2, known as the ‘language protein’, in their brains were the chattier. Among humans that was women, but in rats it was the males.

The researchers set out to determine what might make male rats more vocal than their female cage mates. They separated four-day-old pups from their mothers and counted the number of times they cried out.

Both male and female pups emitted hundreds of cries, but the males called out twice as often. As a result, when the pups were put back in the same cage as their mother, she fussed over her sons first.

article-2281891-05F047250000044D-350_634x464.jpg

Researchers found the so-called 'language protein' that makes women more talkative also causes male rats to be more vocal than their female cage mates

article-2281891-1826B62C000005DC-861_306x457.jpg

Tests on the parts of the brain known to be involved in vocal calls showed the male pups to have up to twice as much Foxp2 protein as the females.

The researchers then ramped up its production in the brains of female pups and reduced it in males. This led to the female rats crying out more often and their mothers showing more interest to them.

The males in contrast, became less ‘talkative’, the Journal of Neuroscience reports. Next, the University of Maryland researchers tested samples from ten boys and girls aged between three and five.

This showed the girls to have 30 per cent more of the Foxp2 protein than the boys, in a brain area key to language in humans.

Researcher Margaret McCarthy said: ‘Based on our observations, we postulate higher levels of Foxp2 in girls and higher levels of Foxp2 in male rats is an indication that Foxp2 protein levels are associated with the more communicative sex.’

Studies have shown that the female love of chit-chat begins at a young age. Girls learn to speak earlier and more quickly than boys. They produce their first words and sentences earlier, have larger vocabularies and use a greater variety of sentence types than boys of the same age.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...n-13-000-words-day-precise.html#ixzz5949fqsVW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

@abdulbarijan @Spring Onion @Divergent @Well.wisher @Śakra @Levina
lolzzzz Thank you for the tag. Now 1. I have to go for a medical check up :laugh: 2. The study did not elaborate if women talk to other women more or they are more talkative with men. 3. In my case I talk very very very less with women. And generally I speak to those with whom I am comfortable with both men and women. So basically I do not talk much but do talk a lot with FEW people. So I think many like me may be misfit viz a viz according to this study and this criteria.

:D I'll wait if that ever happened...just kidding I do talk and she also talks. We are not deaf :D. BTW we communicate a lot through non-verbal / body language, for feelings as 'I like, I dislike, not interested, getting bored, etc...words are not needed
But never thought about since never faced it since I got married...here in Sweden there is no such thing...in Pakistan we have PV-system.

Le bhai .. me ne pehla naya nawela dulha dekha jin nu apni wife se ziada baten nhi krny ati . Meri shadi hui hoti to mera husband to bag jata ghar se .
I'm not saying writing is a bad thing , it actually is actually good habit but use it to increase your talking skills with your wife .
Don’t fear being judged. People have said a lot of crap, people do keep saying things.Everyone is talking their hearts out why should you not do that.

I'm telling u friend ... talk a lot with your wife , girls fall in deep love with the talkative guys ..

@war&peace do not let the image of quiet serious person fall on you on your family members .. cause if I t continued .. your close ones will have difficulty expressing themselves to u .
U know my father is very very, very quiet person .
The talk I do with one of my friend in a meeting .. is more than the talk I ever did with my father in over my life . He has this quietness in his personality for all over his life ... due to him being quiet .. people have difficulty expressing themselves to him .. even we .

Quietness is indeed beneficial but not much . I hope u understand. Be talkative nd free to your family , have an easy life . People will feel easy with u .

Le bhai .. me ne pehla naya nawela dulha dekha jin nu apni wife se ziada baten nhi krny ati . Meri shadi hui hoti to mera husband to bag jata ghar se .
I'm not saying writing is a bad thing , it actually is actually good habit but use it to increase your talking skills with your wife .
Don’t fear being judged. People have said a lot of crap, people do keep saying things.Everyone is talking their hearts out why should you not do that.

I'm telling u friend ... talk a lot with your wife , girls fall in deep love with the talkative guys ..
I do talk with her but a lot of communication between couples is like *I like it*, *I don't like it* etc...So for example if we are doing shopping ( actually we just did one yesterday here on CBD, Melbourne) and if she likes the item, she will smile or nod her head and add the item to the basket/trolley, otherwise silently walk to next item, so we did all shopping without talking much.. :-)

Last edited:
I do talk with her but a lot of communication between couples is like *I like it*, *I don't like it* etc...So for example if we are doing shopping ( actually we just did one yesterday here on CBD, Melbourne) and if she liked the item, she will smile or nod her head and add the item to the basket/trolley, otherwise silently walk to next item, so we did all shopping without talking much.. :-)
Chalo thiiik ha ye bhi ..
Khamoshi bhi mohobat ki hi ek zaban hoti ha .

@war&peace do not let the image of quiet serious person fall on you on your family members .. cause if I t continued .. your close ones will have difficulty expressing themselves to u .
U know my father is very very, very quiet person .
The talk I do with one of my friend in a meeting .. is more than the talk I ever did with my father in over my life . He has this quietness in his personality for all over his life ... due to him being quiet .. people have difficulty expressing themselves to him .. even we .

Quietness is indeed beneficial but not much . I hope u understand. Be talkative nd free to your family , have an easy life . People will feel easy with u .
I understand what you mean. I do communicate but talking is just one way of communication. I do talk where and when necessary... We (me and my wife) have good chemistry and understanding....we communicate through eyes much faster than speaking.. and people surrounding us don't even know that we have already communicated with each other about them and a decision to leave or stay has been made :)

I understand what you mean. I do communicate but talking is just one way of communication. I do talk where and when necessary... We (me and my wife) have good chemistry and understanding....we communicate through eyes much faster than speaking.. and people surrounding us don't even know that we have already communicated with each other about them and a decision to leave or stay has been made :)

Aww ..
Chaalaak couple ... :p:

Yes, we needed a scientific reason. Women have 30% more of a protein foxtp20 in their brain than men. This is associated with communication and talk so they talk more.
We actually need to find out why nature has given them this protein more than man.

One reason I can easily guess is that they play an important role in developing linguistic skills of their children. Without women around, it will be very very difficult for a child to learn to speak in his/ her early years.

I have seen mothers talking to their six months olds without any reason. Prrrrr prrrr prrrrr prrrrr. Anything that comes into their minds. Some mothers purposely distort words while talking to their infants. Their children also speak distorted words in their early years. For example, "mela bachcha bhaut pala pala hai." He/ she also starts with these non sense words. Lollll

And most of the fathers just stare with utter disbelieve how can a grown up person talk to an infant who doesn't even responds. Lolll

We actually need to find out why nature has given them this protein more than man.

One reason I can easily guess is that they play an important role in developing linguistic skills of their children. Without women around, it will be very very difficult for a child to learn to speak in his/ her early years.

I have seen mothers talking to their six months olds without any reason. Prrrrr prrrr prrrrr prrrrr. Anything that comes into their minds. Some mothers purposely distort words while talking to their infants. Their children also speak distorted words in their early years. For example, "mela bachcha bhaut pala pala hai." He/ she also starts with these non sense words. Lollll
Exactly, nature gives abilities to both genders as per their functions in society. Physical strength to man, empathy and kindness to women....women are better equipped to play their role as a parent than men and that's not a secret.

Back
Top Bottom