What's new

women take a stand, stop karva chauth

It's an individual's choice. As long as it's not outrightly against humanity or the environment they can do what they want to. People should stop preaching.. They are no better..

It's an individual's choice.

which must also be respected when people voice out against superstition and plain nonsense.

As long as it's not outrightly against humanity

creating a oppressive environment for wives to compulsarily fast or be declared "disloyal wife" is not against humanity??

or the environment

oh, let us not get started on environment degradation and indian culture.

which must also be respected when people voice out against superstition and plain nonsense.
creating a oppressive environment for wives to compulsarily fast or be declared "disloyal wife" is not against humanity??
oh, let us not get started on environment degradation and indian culture.

When I said an individual's choice, it quite obviously covers any form of repression. If it is being forced upon, then yes, it must not be done. However, the vast majority do it out of their free will. In-fact among most of the middle and upper middle class nowadays, the Husbands do it too.

While we are specifically talking about Karva Chauth there is very minimal environmental degradation. Any excesses can be attributed to the wasteful practices of the family/individual concerned.

As far as superstition and plain nonsense.. It's better we not get into it because last I know the majority of humans believe in silly invisible sky beings that give a hoot about them..

No one is going to brand anyone disloyal because of fast.
There are many other rituals in the world which are barbaric to the core. Roza is one of them, where in people are supposed to throw their saliva during the fasting. Saliva is the most important fluid in the mouth which keeps the throat moist and helps in digestion. Pushing people to this kind of fasting is against humanity.
So there are other rituals in the world which are gruesome to the core and in front of them, karva chauth is nothing..So Mr Light bearer, if you are so concerned about oppressive environment, start from your home first. Yes, I am pointing to the ROZA.

Back
Top Bottom