What's new

women take a stand, stop karva chauth

Yes. but they are easier.
Starving is easier? Fast is kept by both. Do you follow it? :azn:

not so much the husbands... :)

the burqas, the above-ankle pajamas and the without-moustache beards anger and sadden me too... this is a recent trend and i think you and i have spoken of this before... my muslim is someone like gaddafi and al-assad and not some fool mullah from darul-ul-uloom deoband.

as to me opening a thread on this, sure, i will trying find a appropriate article.

and "medieval times" in context of muslim culture actually meant sophistication and contribution to technological and socialogical fields by muslims and those living in muslim-ruled lands and it contributed to the later european phases of "renaissance" and "industrial revolution" directly and indirectly... you should read about the "islamic golden age". :)

it was the post-muslim europe that went in the "dark age" during medieval times.
Loon. Cute.

Scratching the bottom of the barrel.

you do not complain when gujarati motel owners and bangalore/andhra software engineers line up in new york's wall street, to be brainwashed cheerleaders for modi, as he arrives to ring the ghanta at the stock exchange there.

...and they line up while progressive real americans have gathered in another part of wall street to call for end to capitalism. :lol:

...and instead line up to become virgin guards for a Libyan dic*?

1. how are you sure none of those bodyguards had boyfriends and were non-virgins??

2. how are you sure that muammar gaddafi was a dictator?? i ask despite writing 200 times why he wasn't so.

and this lady, not a bodyguard, but declares her love for muammar and determined opposition to the "democracy" bringers of nato - ( A Libyan Girl's Message to Obama & NATO on Their Aggression on Libya.flv - YouTube )... it would do you good to listen to her.

you do not complain when gujarati motel owners and bangalore/andhra software engineers line up in new york's wall street, to be brainwashed cheerleaders for modi, as he arrives to ring the ghanta at the stock exchange there.

...and they line up while progressive real americans have gathered in another part of wall street to call for end to capitalism. :lol:

1. how are you sure none of those bodyguards had boyfriends and were non-virgins??

2. how are you sure that muammar gaddafi was a dictator?? i ask despite writing 200 times why he wasn't so.

and this lady, not a bodyguard, but declares her love for muammar and determined opposition to the "democracy" bringers of nato - ( A Libyan Girl's Message to Obama & NATO on Their Aggression on Libya.flv - YouTube )... it would do you good to listen to her.
Of all the members on this forum it is you I want to meet the most. I wish to witness the absolute waste of biomass (and space) and testament to the fact that God, infact, is NOT a perfectionist.

Please take this as a compliment.

EDIT: Gaddafi was both a dictator and a dic*. Take your pick. :coffee: The world does not care.

1. how is acting against superstition getting on the path to divorce and lesbianism??

2. why do you think divorce is wrong?? do you want wives to suffer life long instead of just getting divorced and remarrying or doing whatever they want with their life??

I was just informed by my cousin that her daughter has been granted divorce by the court. It has been a rollercoaster ride for the family for past one year. Only if you are in their situation you will understand their pain and anguish. So I agree with you that it is better off to get away from relationship if it is abusive in nature.

In another news Muslim personal law board threatens agitation if their Islamic practice's of oral triple talaq and polygamy is touched. On one side we have women dressed up ,demanding gifts ,voluntarily having a fast and making their husbands/boyfriends doing the same on the other we have women in black tents ,who cannot speak against his husband doing another marriage as he'll speak a word thrice n she'll be socialy economically destroyed. Who actually deserve an outrage here ? what's next ? Phere's during shadi should not be done ? Bhai dooj should be done away with ? I say bug off.

Cutting it short Indian Marriage culture is far superior to Western one .

Heck , People call us backward because we practice arrange marriage .:lol::lol::lol:
Uff and What to say about Girls . They are always flying high .
Too much effect of 3rd grade TV shows and Bollywood/Hollywood .

@jamahir "Medieval" as in..They look medieval in a metropolitan environment. The kind of restrictions towards women is appalling.

Of all the members on this forum it is you I want to meet the most. I wish to witness the absolute waste of biomass (and space) and testament to the fact that God, infact, is NOT a perfectionist.

Please take this as a compliment.

EDIT: Gaddafi was both a dictator and a dic*. Take your pick. :coffee: The world does not care.
:rofl:

Sarthak, I have a doubt..you are IIT engineer right so please could you help?

What I am getting from this Thread is that women who fast without compulsion for one day of a year are reactionary, slave mentality, MBA, coolie, Indiot types who should be shot.

Meanwhile triple talaq practiced the progressive way, ie take the children from the mother after serving badam milk and poetry reading and then throw her out on the street only under suitable lamplight etc. is a very Che Guevara type act?

Please could you clear my doubt guru?

:D

1. how is acting against superstition getting on the path to divorce and lesbianism??
2. why do you think divorce is wrong?? do you want wives to suffer life long instead of just getting divorced and remarrying or doing whatever they want with their life??

Here "Superstition" is in the eye of the beholder.
If I touch the feet of my father, I will be labelled as a slave. If I hug my friend, I would be labelled a Gay. As I have said in one of my other post, applying western logic to India situation would lead to disastrous results.

If the author does not believe in this practice then that is her personal choice but to write an article to instigate people to follow her twisted logic is what I do not subscribe to.

There would no question of divorce if people stop applying twisted logic.

Karva Chauth is just another Festival in Indian Calendar .
But there are some people who want to replace such festivals with their shitty versions of party .

:rofl:

Sarthak, I have a doubt..you are IIT engineer right so please could you help?

What I am getting from this Thread is that women who fast without compulsion for one day of a year are reactionary, slave mentality, MBA, coolie, Indiot types who should be shot.

Meanwhile triple talaq practiced the progressive way, ie take the children from the mother after serving badam milk and poetry reading and then throw her out on the street only under suitable lamplight etc. is a very Che Guevara type act?

Please could you clear my doubt guru?

:D
You are right vatsa. I mean Talib (Islamic student) . :agree:

When there can be a valentine day, mothers day, fathers day, blah blah day ...whats harm in having a husbands day.
After all these days are celebrated as symbol of love and affection. Its not forced upon, its just a day when a wife keeps a fast for well being of his husband. Its a belief, symbol and token of love and not a punishment given.

Call it a tradition if not superstition. There should be something interesting to do in a year.
To fast for a day in a year is OK. And if an independent women does it, I am fine. It does not alter lifestyle or life drastically.

But yes, all the women who do it because they have to, they should stop. Definitely not for saasuma or to demonstrate good-wife character.

Yes. but they are easier.

Yes, so long as it is totally voluntary, it is just an act of love, like staying up all night with a sick child or slogging five hours to make a special festival meal.

Men should appreciate it though, and no compulsion, it should be left to the wife if she wants to or not.

Back
Top Bottom