What's new

Women kills five Taliban

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Women in battle against Taliban in Swat

Women joined villagers in a revolt against the Taliban in Pakistan's Swat Valley where a major military offensive against fundamentalist fighters has been launched.

By Isambard Wilkinson in Islamabad and Emal Khan in Peshawar
Last Updated: 3:31PM BST 21 May 2009

An attempt by the Taliban to infiltrate Kalam village was repulsed in the first sign that the army's action is encouraging residents to stand up against the militants. Kalam's deputy mayor, Shamshad Haqqai, said that about 50 Taliban fighters tried to enter Kalam on Wednesday but that locals had fought them off.

The militants had come to the village to collect arms, ammunition and food.

Muhammadi Room, a Kalam resident, said the Taliban visited the house of a local elder, Mehar Rafi in the Bijlee Ghar area of Kalam but, as there were no men inside the house, the women climbed to the rooftop of the house and opened fire. Five Taliban were killed at the scene.

A doctor from the area, who did not want to be named, said a group of Taliban entered his clinic before taking him to a place were several fighters were injured. He said he treated the Taliban, numbering around six or seven, before being asked to leave.

Locals said the Pakistani security forces, which are involved in operation against the Taliban in Swat, had not yet reached Kalam to assist the revolt.

The army claims it has killed more than 1,000 militants and won back swathes of territory in Swat. But it faces stiff resistance and has ventured no prediction of when the Taliban will be defeated.

Authorities say the clashes have prompted about 1.9 million people to flee their homes, creating a humanitarian crisis that could sap popular support for the drive. Locals said an outflow had also started from South Waziristan amid predictions of a Swat-style operation in the stronghold of Pakistan Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud.

At a donors' conference yesterday in Islamabad, Pakistan's allies promised $224 million in aid for people displaced by the offensive.
Women in battle against Taliban in Swat - Telegraph

This is an historic moment in Pakistan's War, the Resistance at Kalam!

God Bless Mehar Rafi she ought to be acknowledged for her courage, bravery, and action.

Where are you Imran Khan? Are you reading this, you [Mod edit*]coward!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we only need the Indians to stop sponsoring terror in Pakistan. Once we achieve that acts of terrorism will dramatically decrease in Pakistan. ;)

Definitely BaburCM, same expected from Pakistan. :azn: blaming each other is not going to be the solution, India blames Pakistan and Pakistan blames India. But in this blame game ppls forget the real culprit and terrorist who want both the countries to be destabilized so that they can have their control over the region, so as as to be able to quench their thist of blood. :tsk:

Sorry to go off topic :P, again well done Mehar Rafi, what a brave lady, taliban deserves to be crushed like that :enjoy:

Last edited:
Muhammadi Room, a Kalam resident, said the Taliban visited the house of a local elder, Mehar Rafi in the Bijlee Ghar area of Kalam but, as there were no men inside the house, the women climbed to the rooftop of the house and opened fire. Five Taliban were killed at the scene.
Wow I am completely amazed by the bravery of those women,taking on barbaric taliban does need huge amount of courage.:yahoo::cheers:
Even women in swat do know how to use gun!!:cool::smokin:

gov should send elite force there before the situation worsens. same thing happened in buner if u guys remember. ppl did kill some talibans initialy but later taliban opted for suicide attacks and beheading to scare the population.

Cool down owais.usmani, :agree: lots of ppls can understand you anger. But showing it in bad words would not be good way. :) Some times you can make a person feel ashamed with some decent words :agree: :enjoy: You know what i mean.

You are right. Well you know, some times anger gets the better of me.:agree: Anyways, I will be carefull next time and oh yeah, a BIG THUMBS UP to that brave lady.

Man I am so proud of our sisters.:yahoo:

Wow absolutely brilliant.. I wish i could meet this person and shake her hand.. Just goes to show how much the people of SWAT hate these Taliban and will not take **** from a bunch of delusional miscreants

Wow, I hope that lady and those villagers are protected by the Army. Remember, in assymetric warfare, delay is Taliban's friend. The quicker this is done, the better.

"Wow, I hope that lady and those villagers are protected by the Army."

Exactly. Conditions have just now changed dramatically for the worse in Kalam, I fear. This village will now be on the taliban's "to do" list. They won't come back looking for food, money, or guns and asking entry.

It might be very, very punative.

Army had best ram a convoy through or find a way to air assault a company of troops in while they can. I pray for that woman and her friends. They're the eye of a perfect lil' storm that's likely brewing...

Good call, Fateh 71.

She should be given a medal of honour for her bravery for standing up and showing how to kill these ****** animals I hope the army moves in very fast

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom