What's new

Woman In Saudi Arabia Arrested For Wearing Skirt, Crop Top In Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my country not my problem its Saudi law she should follow it

That's good to hear.

Let me guess, she probably looked a bit like this below?

35,000 Saudi women studying abroad on government scholarships
ARAB NEWS | Published — Tuesday 11 April 2017

2potwev.jpg

A Saudi scholarship student in US speaks to Saudi Press Agency. (SPA file photo).

JEDDAH: Some 35,000 Saudi women are studying abroad in 60 countries on government scholarships, said Shoura member Huda Al-Hulaisi, adding that Vision 2030 is based on the role of women and youths.
She noted the gains of Saudi women in recent years as they have become members of the Shoura Council and municipal councils.
Saudi women in 2015 constituted 51.8 percent of university students in the Kingdom, she said, adding that employing women and increasing their proportion of the labor market from the current 22 percent to 30 percent is a priority for the state

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1082551/saudi-arabia

Classy and confident look if you ask me. I think if based in the West or elsewhere (China) this is a better dress than the conservative niqab (which a minority of Saudi Arabian women students abroad wear) as such a dress might cause fear, confusion etc. in countries such as China, US etc. where exposure to Islam is at times very small.

Of course there is an agenda. Always was. Does not take a genius to figure this out.

In fact such irrelevant news (like the thread topic that we are discussing) has now kickstarted a debate among "conservatives" and "liberals" in KSA and the Arab world on Twitter and other social media. Now people are wasting time on such irrelevant matters rather than on what really matters. So obviously that woman achieved what she wanted. Exposure and starting some kind of ridiculous debate as if that debate has not occurred 1 million times before. Social media/internet is great overall but sometimes it is very counterproductive.

So if, God forbid, one of my 4 sisters, walks around almost naked in public, will that mean that they (all university graduates or as in case with my youngest sister - a university student while we speak) will become "civilized" and "cultural". Well, I am afraid, that not the entire world (in fact the vast majority of the world) does not subscribe to such a worldview.

In the West it is very normal for daughters to get certain advice from mothers in terms of interaction with the opposite sex and what to do in order to achieve a "home run". Disturbing! In fact that is primitive. As well as the exposure of women in the society. Extremely primal and primitive. Obviously intelligent and not overly fundamental decency will at all times be superior.

Not quite. The pic you posted looks like a Pakistani girl. The lady I met was quite simple, but had very good manners. In Urdu, we say Akh'laq. Like very good manners and attitude. I think the word might be old Arabic.

Anyways, she was really cool.

Not quite. The pic you posted looks like a Pakistani girl. The lady I met was quite simple, but had very good manners. In Urdu, we say Akh'laq. Like very good manners and attitude. I think the word might be old Arabic.

Anyways, she was really cool.

Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhlaq

https://ur.wikipedia.org/wiki/اخلاق

BTW, without sounding like a feminist, what is indeed a topic worthy of discussion, is the added inclusion of women in the workforce, continued successful academic pursuit and gaining their Islamic and non-Islamic rights that they are entitled to in KSA and Pakistan. Such types of discussions, I find very interesting and needed in a society, for obvious reasons, just for the simple fact that women make up 50% of all societies (in fact slightly more in most countries) rather than moronic discussions like this one.

Every educated person knows what decency is when he/she sees it in the context of country x or y. Decency is not a crime but actually a praiseworthy thing. Decency not only in terms of appearance but actions as well.

Our societies are not ready for full-blown liberalism on steroids and I doubt that they will be in our lifetime. Which is actually something that I welcome greatly. I have seen what liberalism and lack of values can create in a society like the Danish one which is hailed like the second coming. Not pretty and not something that I would wish my worst enemy to aspire to. Rootless, weak and without self-respect. BTW I promised to make this short and not comment further but I failed miserably.

Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhlaq

https://ur.wikipedia.org/wiki/اخلاق

BTW, without sounding like a feminist, what is indeed a topic worthy of discussion, is the added inclusion of women in the workforce, continued successful academic pursuit and gaining their Islamic and non-Islamic rights that they are entitled to in KSA and Pakistan. Such types of discussions, I find very interesting and needed in a society, for obvious reasons, just for the simple fact that women make up 50% of all societies (in fact slightly more in most countries) rather than moronic discussions like this one.

Every educated person knows what decency is when he/she sees it in the context of country x or y. Decency is not a crime but actually a praiseworthy thing. Decency not only in terms of appearance but actions as well.

Our societies are not ready for full-blown liberalism on steroids and I doubt that they will be in our lifetime. Which is actually something that I welcome greatly. I have seen what liberalism and lack of values can create in a society like the Danish one which is hailed like the second coming. Not pretty and not something that I would wish my worst enemy to aspire to. Rootless, weak and without self-respect. BTW I promised to make this short and not comment further but I failed miserably.

I'm glad we're on the same page. When it comes to modesty, it's not simply about women or clothing in general. Muslim men have to follow the same teachings as well. And it's not exclusively about physical attributes, but how one behaves in general.

I feel like a lot of modern day Muslims don't understand their religion completely. And that is so sad. I respect women regardless of religion and race because I have a mother myself. I feel like people should think about that.

Anyways, I don't want to hijack this thread. Personally, I feel like I can respect an educated Saudi woman more so than one that is half naked and belly dancing.

Saudis get a lot of flak for being backwards, but I think Saudi society has always been fair to women. But again, there are certain boundaries that cannot be crossed, and as a Muslim I know it applies to both men and women. I think the media likes to use Saudi stereotype for their own benefit to sell news and make money.

Well said, bro. I agree completely.

DFF-E7wXoAAUn3u.jpg:large

Liberal fundamentalists are cancers and traitors to their country and quite frankly trojan horses. They want to destroy our religion, culture and traditions. Or change them to such an degree that they become unrecognizable.

Turns out that the provocateur has been behind many similar videos in public and much more daring. Pathetic. She lost all goodwill.

I am working in KSA, trust me woman have more power in here compare to man, we siting like a duck in this case and even a single complain of us make us pay heavy price. They are everywhere in Kingdom in every field and progressing very well Al humd Allah. You will see true power of woman here in KSA and our sisters are really very well going

Well said, bro. I agree completely.

DFF-E7wXoAAUn3u.jpg:large

Liberal fundamentalists are cancers and traitors to their country and quite frankly trojan horses. They want to destroy our religion, culture and traditions. Or change them to such an degree that they become unrecognizable.

Turns out that the provocateur has been behind many similar videos in public.
Brother liberal means woman can be used as a toy and display showcases.

Of course. Many Western men have a fetish when it comes to Arab women. This can be confirmed in many places. No further comment for my part on that particular topic.

Anyway I know that discourse. Saudi Arabian women are some of the most educated in the Muslim world, women outnumber men at universities, the women workforce keeps increasing and is projected to reach 30% soon (not optimal yet but on the other hand not much different from other developing countries), women are represented on all fronts (see the thread that I linked to), 1/3 of our parliament (Shoura Council) is made up by women etc. But they have to wear decent clothing (hijab is not even obligatory as my photos confirm and ground reality!) and they have not been able to drive for 25 years due to a moronic fatwa from the late Ibn Baz. Such horrible problems and challenges compared to what women face in much of the world. However KSA remains the favorite topic for those "righteous" hypocrites. It's an obsession that they can't leave aside. Not that people care as they know what this can lead to and what the agenda is. If it was another agenda, they would have highlighted the many positives that Saudi Arabian women constantly achieve but there is an amazing silence on this front. The UK media as usual at it.

Anyway not going to waste my time on such topics so this is my last post. It's not the right forum for this kind of discussion or the right group of people (lack of informed people about KSA) so it will be a waste of time.

Nobody in KSA or the entire Arab world for that matter wears a burqa. The most conservative dress warn is a niqab (commonly warn in Najd and Northern KSA) and that is what those 3 women are wearing as I suspect that photo to have been taken in Riyadh. Absolutely nothing wrong with such a dress (niqab). Burqa is worn exclusively in Afghanistan, Pakistan and parts of Iran (among Baloch). Even the word Burqa derives from the Farsi word pardah.

Niqab in KSA:

Burqa in Afghanistan:

Hopefully you can notice the difference. BTW, I don't ever make comments about what Afghans should wear etc. This is their country, culture and business. None of my business.

Come on I was just kidding ...

Tremendous amounts of hypocrisy when it comes to women and western society.

Those in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

Whats the point in forcing women to wear burqah? I dont get this stupid saudi law. Set a dress code someone violates it like in this case penalize them but not heavily so people wont repeat it.
As if saudis dont have night clubs , consume alcohol and date whores and as if their women dont go out with their bfs.

Same saudis would be total party animals when they go abroad and do it all in open. who are globally the biggest customers of american and british designer labels and haute cotoure designers? Obviously Saudis , they love spending their wealth on same Jews designers who donate heavy sums to israel.

And that Saudi guy who is bragging about saudi education, no matter how much these saudis or gcc or for that matter syria,leb, egyptian arabs get educated they will always remain brash, talk in loud voices with illiterate tones, rude, racist and ill mannered and treat south asians like their door rugs.

Todays these arabs can not even defend themselves and are looking at others faces for support. Even Allah does not help Arrogants

dont miss the snowman it's funny

Idiotic nonsense videos and propaganda that only idiots believe.

Especially the snowman part.

119yphu.jpg

xgme02.jpg

C0VLYCJW8AAkoEj.jpg:large

C0VLYCHWEAAjQ-5.jpg:large

CzBUbqxW8AA8GQJ.jpg:large

C0G1u8qXUAE4mvO.jpg:large

C0HWemTW8AEEOvG.jpg:large

C0HBlwLWIAAuEj4.jpg

CZ0QPcVW0AEHNK0.jpg:large

CZGYGIyVAAAU1Yc.jpg:large

Cx8r3RYWQAAhG1w.jpg:large

Saudi Arabia Snow
by ABO_TMEEM, on Flickr

CyAOxx-WEAApNz7.jpg:large

2gvt0xy.jpg

13870623933.jpg

13870623934.jpg

13870623932.jpg

The last video is hilarious too. Using photos from Iran.:lol:

Go worry about the Mullah's that you escaped from in Iran.

Whats the point in forcing women to wear burqah? I dont get this stupid saudi law. Set a dress code someone violates it like in this case penalize them but not heavily so people wont repeat it.
As if saudis dont have night clubs , consume alcohol and date whores and as if their women dont go out with their bfs.

Same saudis would be total party animals when they go abroad and do it all in open. who are globally the biggest customers of american and british designer labels and haute cotoure designers? Obviously Saudis , they love spending their wealth on same Jews designers who donate heavy sums to israel.

And that Saudi guy who is bragging about saudi education, no matter how much these saudis or gcc or for that matter syria,leb, egyptian arabs get educated they will always remain brash, talk in loud voices with illiterate tones, rude, racist and ill mannered and treat south asians like their door rugs.

Todays these arabs can not even defend themselves and are looking at others faces for support. Even Allah does not help Arrogants

Go visit a doctor. It would be a good thing for you. Before you do that, read the content of this thread as your posts contains so much nonsense that no sane person bothers to counter it. I suggest dealing with your inferiority complexes as they are obvious while at it.

Last edited:
Come on I was just kidding ...

Understood and no biggie.

Saudi sources: Miniskirt model Kholoud released without charges
Aisha Fareed | Arab News Staff | Published — Wednesday 19 July 2017
954251-1904729924.png

Model Kholoud from the controversial Snapchat clip. (video grab)

JEDDAH: A 27-year-old aspiring model from Saudi Arabia who was taken into police custody on Tuesday has been released on Tuesday.
The release of the woman — identified only as Kholoud — was confirmed by a statement issued on behalf of the Ministry of Culture and Information and by a source at the Riyadh police that Arab News spoke to.

She was released without any charge and a spokesperson on behalf of the police claimed she was never detained but merely brought in for questioning.

A statement released by Saudi Arabia's Center for International Communication, which is overseen by the Ministry of Culture and Information, confirmed that the police released the woman after several hours of questioning and the video was published without her knowledge.

The story developed over the past few days, when a short video of the woman wearing a black miniskirt and sleeveless crop top in a public Saudi historical landmark went viral. Women residing in Saudi Arabia are expected to wear a loose, black, full-length garment known as an abaya whenever they are in a public place.

Within hours of the video going viral, a police investigation was initiated, and early on Tuesday the Riyadh Police issued a statement indicating that the woman had been identified and questioned. The story made international headlines after it was first reported in local daily Okaz.

On social media many Saudis posted messages of support to the woman, saying that there was nothing wrong with what she had done, particularly since she had not offended anyone, since there was nobody at the site when she visited.

Others took a more conservative view, calling for the woman to be punished for promoting sin, stating that her actions violate the Kingdom’s cultural and religious traditions.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1131821/saudi-arabia

As I wrote earlier, nothing would happen and this was confirmed. Nevertheless still a foolish and senseless thing to do IMO.

Obviously female liberals will continue to test the waters. Surely a healthy solution should be found in this regard without eroding what is good. I think that once the few moronic 25 year old "laws" are removed under MBS (a question of time as even officially proclaimed) the liberals will catch a break. At least they should and let time do what it does best.

Well, at least they don't have to put giant tags on their women's forehead. :rolleyes:

1517111_804870569628879_1419028084_n.jpg

hindu-woman-monk.jpg

b817829687833a1da3f9bab63dab87d4--magazine-articles-deities.jpg

10.jpg

Thanks for the share, lol. Beauties.

And forcing women to Marry dog is Women Empowerment??
Indian-Woman-Marries-Dog.jpg

Maybe it is the thread starters sister who married their dog. May I congratulate them in advance!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom